PDA

View Full Version : Bubblehash 101..The Subway

subcool
12-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I wanted to show you guys how I make bubble. I do it basically the same way as everyone else with a few small modifications that I feel make it some of the best I have tasted.

Here are some of the key things I feel I do a bit different.
1. I only use fresh, wet, frozen sugar leaf. I use only plant matter that is encrusted in resin we toss all fan leaves etc. For best results include as much fluff(Encrusted lower popcorn buds) in with the trim.
2. I use a slotted spoon and hand stir for a maximum of 15 minutes. 8-10 minute batches are even better and higher quality.
3. Make sure to use bagged ice that’s broken into smaller pieces or flakes this will break off more heads.
4. Make smaller batches over larger ones. I prefer the 1 gallon bubble bags as I can place the ice water and weed mix in the refrigerator to pre chill. The colder the better.

Once the mix has been stirred I allow it to rest for at least 30 minutes. This allows the trichomes heads to settle to the bottom.

Removing the first bag separates the weed from the heads.

On the second run I use the 120 Ui screen. This removes plant matter but surprisingly with wet product used even the 120 is gooey and great smoke just have green flakes in it.

I do not Stack my bags!!

subcool
12-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Now we move to the 73 Ui screen which according to the strain will be the largest amount and some of the best you will capture.

Once the bags are drained I fold into a ½ so a V is formed in the silk net. This traps all the heads in a small enough corner to scrape out with a spoon and place on the silk pressing cloth that comes with bubble bags

I also run the 25 Ui bags to capture any smaller heads or in some cases of strains having very small resins like ETF and some sativa hybrids you actually catch a good bit here.

I press as much water out as possible with paper towels smashing the pressing screen.

I place the pressing screen in the freezer this allows you to flake off the chips of bubble and I then place on wax paper to dry over night. The next day or in some cases two you can roll it into a small turd as you see here. After another day I now prefer to crumble this as it allows all moisture to dry out and makes full melt bubble.

subcool
12-06-2007, 03:30 PM
This is a follow up thread with many more pictures so you can get a exact idea on how I make the gooey blobs you see below, this is Jacks Cleaner and Jack the Ripper Bubble. We have your classic shapes first a simple round ball. The end result of this little project was a nice 6.6 gram lump of 73& 25 Ui, and also a nice 3 gram piece of 120 Ui.

If its ok with you guys I’m going to smoke bowls and kinda skip around here abit. I wanted to show off the finished shots first and back track. After making the bubble each strain requires a different drying period before you can handle it. This bubble was made yesterday and I can pick it up and shape it but if I hold it to long it will start getting soft and stick to you hands. My camera is covered in hash after this shoot.

subcool
12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Once I finish taking pictures of the globs I break apart and let dry until the bubble will crumble into a nice pile of flakes and dust and if its done correctly it will look like pieces of red amber. This crumble here is a mix of Tinybomb and Apollo-13 all other shots are fresh bubble made for this thread.

So I take the ball of hash that’s now tacky and roll it out into a long worm, this batch was extremely melty and caramel looking which means it will be really good crumble. Then I simply allow to sit for about 30 minutes and the outside will oxidize. I then twist the turd to expose the inner lighter colored resins and continue to twist until I get a swirl effect some bending some shaping and then some close ups with a macro lens.

subcool
12-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Ok No we will take a look at each separate piece that I made normally I would keep each small piece separate but the blends of JC lemon and JTR lemon with go nicely together and the small amount of JCB should give it a nice fruity undertone.

I use wax paper to allow the fresh bubble to dry even if its gooey once I dries it will come right off like silly putty. If I try and peal it and it doesn’t come right up I leave it alone. You can see how I tore some for this shoot so you can see what I mean, it’s just easier if you don’t have gooey crap stuck all over each piece of wax paper.

I find the sulfur used to make cardboard effects the taste cardboard contains sulfuric acids!

subcool
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
This hash is pretty much the same quality in the 73 and 25 UI stuff so as I mentioned I mixed it together many times I will keep each piece separate and I love Apollo-13 #73 very much in fact that’s what I am smoking while making this post thank god I use word first.

I never mix in the 120 but amazingly the crumble you see is just that made form a-13 and Tinybomb it’s pretty exceptional I can se small impurities in the 120 JC/JTR mix but during the twisting I can tell the quality by how sticky it is and how it holds itself together and this is deff the good stuff.

You can see I was a busy beaver yesterday and to me it’s important not to over fill the 1 gallon bubblebags so I can get a good agitation going and really get the trichomes to break loose and filter them through the screens.

Some of these pieces are amazing looking but its mainly due to the thickness they were pressed into. You can see a small difference in the 25 UI stuff as the trichs are smaller and the hash is actually easier to see through one weird thing about 25 Ui bubble is it turns dark and gets hard before the 73?

Bubbleman
12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey sub, absolutely stunning brother, unique pics that i can honestly say i can tell are yours. The bubble looks so lovely all rolled up fresh like that. Don't forget to add these melt shots up in the strain base along with the names of each strain you used to produce full melt.

I just got a new camera recently and am gonna get into glandular trichome shots. i look foreward to working with more of your strains.

Great post man. I am truly drooling lol

Peace
Bubble man

schrooomy420
12-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah I love that last set of pictures. Still all fresh and shiny.

fullmeltbubble
12-06-2007, 07:40 PM
very nice first cpl posts subby, you don't mess around at all...I hope we get to see many many more posts, we are gonna try our hardest to keep the trolls away....you ever make any dry sift?

Frank the Tank
12-07-2007, 01:50 AM
so you got a total of 9.6 grams of hash.
how much fresh trim did you run to get that amount of hash?
secondly, do you feel running each bag seperate helps your yield?

im only asking cuz i have a terrible time making bubble, yield wise.
i know not to expect alot of return, but what i get is way less than most.

subcool
12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
so you got a total of 9.6 grams of hash.
how much fresh trim did you run to get that amount of hash?
secondly, do you feel running each bag seperate helps your yield?

im only asking cuz i have a terrible time making bubble, yield wise.
i know not to expect alot of return, but what i get is way less than most.
Yield is not my goal here but making the best hash possible with very little contamination.
I use strains that have a very high trichome to pistil ratio and it takes me about 8 full size plants to make 10 grams of bubble/

Bubbleman
12-14-2007, 09:22 AM
well i can say with certainly that you have acheived your GOAL.

schweeettttt

:bong1:

Bubbleman

brasta
12-20-2007, 03:00 AM
hiya subcool,

excellent detail and great pictjahs. I was wondering why you choose not to stack yer bags? what differences do yuh see?

Brasta.

Bubbleman
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
There really is no different brasta, its just a choice of either doing it or not. The only one reason i can see it making some sense, if when the twenty gallon guys run it in a bucket with NO bag, so they dont hurt their work bag. THese guys use drills for mixing on high. This can damage the bag if it gets caught in the drill spinner.
I personaly put all my bags inside one another, and just pull them one by one.

My two cents

peace
Bubbleman

Synth_drum
02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I love you guys and this site
I cant wait to get my setup
ummm love me some Bubble!!!