PDA

View Full Version : tree perc inline a/c?

johnnyballbag
11-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Ok so i've seen inline a/c's, and a/c's like roor's 4 arm pill bottle, but has anyone ever seen an inline ashcatcher with a tree perc all in one unit? If so, throw up some pics!

YukonBikerGuy
11-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Ok, I'll bite... lets see it, if ya got it :)

johnnyballbag
11-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Ok, I'll bite... lets see it, if ya got it :)

Haha...what makes you sure I have one? :D Just curious if they even existed...

stoneR
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Roor's "4 arm pill bottle" is technically a tree perc AC. the tree is just welded on the top with no upstem. same as the toro Trash catcher and others...

johnnyballbag
11-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah but i'm talking about an inline achcatcher, WITH a tree perc. I've seen them separate.

stoneR
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Ahhh i see. selective reading apparently....didnt see the With inline part. now that i have yet/ would love to see! i know there are inline/ tree perc bubs, dont see why it isnt possible

johnnyballbag
11-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Check out my gallery. I tried to upload pics here, but it wouldn't work.

hashcat
11-05-2008, 12:25 AM
ive had the same idea in the inlines that have a tube above the inline above the inline, stick a small tree in there.

but honestly i dont like much more than an inline and a downstem, or no ac and diffy with a perc, any more than that and i feel like im losing punch/flavor/thc

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Losing thc?

BurningDownTheHouse
11-05-2008, 12:57 AM
SG makes an inline tree perc a/c

Hennessy1414
11-05-2008, 01:23 AM
SG makes an inline tree perc a/c
a sick one at that! sleek like a roor and tough looking like a toro=SG :) :) :)

hashcat
11-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Losing thc?
do a bubble hash or oil hit through a CLEAN bong with fresh water, and then check out the water after. I always find an oily film an sometimes bits of golden bits that look EXACTLY like hash oil stuck to the diffy holes or floating around in the water.
my theory is: NO, water doesnt absorb THC, we all knew that right? but i think DOES cool the smoke down enough to cool the THC to a temperature where some of it resolidifies and ends up in the water

anyone else?

Hennessy1414
11-05-2008, 02:43 AM
do a bubble hash or oil hit through a CLEAN bong with fresh water, and then check out the water after. I always find an oily film an sometimes bits of golden bits that look EXACTLY like hash oil stuck to the diffy holes or floating around in the water.
my theory is: NO, water doesnt absorb THC, we all knew that right? but i think DOES cool the smoke down enough to cool the THC to a temperature where some of it resolidifies and ends up in the water

anyone else?
thc=water soluble when frozen and agitated duhhh FMB :pray:

hashcat
11-05-2008, 02:56 AM
thc=water soluble when frozen and agitated duhhh FMB :pray:

its not soluble though. if it was you would have to let the whole water mixture dry and then scrape up whats left. thats why alchohol/butane are solvents and work that way. with hash the trichs simply are frozen and gravity pulls them through the lighter plant material into the screens.
thats is why i also believe THC acts in a similar way when cooled and wants/tends to seperate from water because it is not soluble on it.

havent done chemistry for 5 years since HS but if im wrong someone help me out cuz id be embarassed!

speakrsrfun
11-05-2008, 04:19 AM
No I'd say your fairly correct. Hash from Bubble bags is seperated by gravity, very cold water 'n' ice, and the fact that the gland is encased in an oily waxy coating allowing it to sink and seperate via glad size. THC is not fully soluble in water in fact I'd say it's not soluble at all due to the oil based nature of RESIN glands, Peace and bubble.

Speaks

its not soluble though. if it was you would have to let the whole water mixture dry and then scrape up whats left. thats why alchohol/butane are solvents and work that way. with hash the trichs simply are frozen and gravity pulls them through the lighter plant material into the screens.
thats is why i also believe THC acts in a similar way when cooled and wants/tends to seperate from water because it is not soluble on it.

havent done chemistry for 5 years since HS but if im wrong someone help me out cuz id be embarassed!

Hennessy1414
11-05-2008, 04:25 AM
No I'd say your fairly correct. Hash from Bubble bags is seperated by gravity, very cold water 'n' ice, and the fact that the gland is encased in an oily waxy coating allowing it to sink and seperate via glad size. THC is not fully soluble in water in fact I'd say it's not soluble at all due to the oil based nature of RESIN glands, Peace and bubble.

Speaks
glad to hear that!!!! :)

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Sweet. I just had one custom made, wanted to see what others looked like compared to mine. Had Ray at Soulshine hook it up...check it out.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16948473
Ray is an awesome guy to work with, those ppl are super cool and have great prices. By far the best customer service of anyone i've dealt with!

YukonBikerGuy
11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow, Soulshine Family Glass has some super sick glass for sale, thanks for sharing the link.

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
No problem man. Out of all the ppl i tried to contact about this custom piece, Ray was by far the most friendly and helpful. Some ppl seemed like they were too busy or hassled by making a custom piece, Ray was actually excited and looking forward to making it. That's the kind of motivation you want when getting a custom piece, not a mentallity of "let's get it out the door and move on to the next paycheck piece." I've bought several pieces off of them and can highly recommend them. Heres another link on gp.org of the piece he just made me. Check him out guys!
http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal32425_custom_inline_A_C_this_one_grew_a_tree_pe rc..asp

hashcat
11-05-2008, 07:18 PM
wow absolute craziness. get some milk vids of that thing soon!!!

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I plan on it. Having them overnight it to me tomorrow, so i'll have more pics of it soon.

hashcat
11-05-2008, 08:25 PM
just cant get over it!
i have that purple/black/white bub with two gongs and sherly attachment and didnt he could do much better but this is just craziness!! heard ray is gonna be takin a break from customs though to do his own thing but luckily i got squeezed in for one more thing...havent figure out what i want yet though.

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah i like his work, they're good people to work with. Haven't heard about him taking a break from custom work...but if he is, i'm sure whatever he's making will be sick just the same. Might have to con him into doin one more custom thing.... :cool1:

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
just cant get over it!
i have that purple/black/white bub with two gongs and sherly attachment and didnt he could do much better but this is just craziness!! heard ray is gonna be takin a break from customs though to do his own thing but luckily i got squeezed in for one more thing...havent figure out what i want yet though.

The bayarea piece?

Simz
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah I contacted Soulshineglass about a custom inline ashcatcher. They seemed to be very nice and down to earth people. They definitively had no problem doing what I had in mind, I flacked thought and went with another purchase. I gotta get one custom from Ray one day thought, he's make nice glass pieces that's for sure.

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 10:04 PM
I've been wanting to learn how to blow glass...def planning on going down there for a class or two.

hashcat
11-05-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah i have the bayarea piece. he would prob let you get another piece in before he stops doing customs as you were a previous customer. and i would def take classes there! i am about to sign up for classes at revere glass in berkely, ca

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 10:17 PM
I wanna get some crash courses in, maybe a beginner and intermediate, then i wanna get a lathe for sure. So that'll require more classes as well. About that inline you got...did you pick the colors/design or did you just let him run with it?

hashcat
11-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Got him to match it to the new Roor I bought. Been saving forever and now my dream is complete(well not yet I still want sooooo much more glass):sick1::sick1::pipe:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b291/jasonpauls/IMG_0174.jpg

hashcat
11-05-2008, 10:36 PM
and yeah id say the way to go is to get a few crash courses and then spend your money on your own equip. and do your own thing instead of having someone teach you everything. i mean you need to be taught the basics and all that but everything else should be left to the artists own ideas and creations.....right?

johnnyballbag
11-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I know i've seen that pic some where...haha. So you just said "match my tube" and that's what he came up with?

hashcat
11-05-2008, 10:49 PM
So you just said "match my tube" and that's what he came up with?

pretty much

johnnyballbag
11-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Hell yeah, i like that piece. It almost made me wanna go black and white.

ghib
11-06-2008, 01:24 AM
You think there will be splashback problems? Just asking because a lot of inlines have something to keep it from splashing back, so it might go up into the perc. Sick custom man! Can't wait to see some shots of it in action.

johnnyballbag
11-06-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't think it'll be a problem, it's designed just like the first one i got of them, and actually that has the least splashback of any i've hit. I'm confident it'll be "that shit." Mhm...

johnnyballbag
11-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Other that putting up a link to like youtube or something, can you put video up on here? Wanna get a milk shot vid up somewhere/somehow.

kpaulsac
11-07-2008, 12:53 PM
ray is the shit....defianately the only guy who sounded stoked to make a piece for me, all the other people i contact dont seem enthuiastic about their art but ray was on this shit in no time....he atcually broke his foot while it was being made but he continued to work on. his lineworking may not be the super head, but the possibilities are endless whenit comes to options. plus this thing is surdy fizzuck...support soulshine glass

johnnyballbag
11-07-2008, 02:00 PM
just cant get over it!

He's just going to be reducing his custom work load, he's still going to take custom orders, but instead of doing almost all custom work, he's gonna take some time to himself to work on his own ideas. I have a feeling he's going to be putting out some sick shit...did you see his fully detachable gong bubbler? That's fuckin sweet. I like the bubbler he made with the tree perc too, think it went for something crazy like 140? You can't beat their quality to price ratio. His glass is sturdy as fuck, i can def attest to that.

TrainOfThought88
11-07-2008, 11:05 PM
here ya go man!

http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_430xN.43676998.jpg

johnnyballbag
11-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Ha...that's my piece! Lol...i knew i've seen that before. Will have it tomorrow, so hopefully i'll have a milk shot up.

johnnyballbag
11-16-2008, 03:05 AM
Finally got a milk shot up...crappy quality, but you get the idea....
YouTube - tree perc a/c

etarip
11-16-2008, 04:13 AM
I've known Ray for quite a few years now. He is a great guy working hard trying to raise/support a family.
thanks for supporting him.

aqualungs
11-16-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm digging that inline with the tree perc, I def would like to get one of those in the future.