PDA

View Full Version : The Glass Oooooo, Ahhhhh Thread

YukonBikerGuy
11-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Since the new glass rulez keep us from oooooo'ing and ahhh'ing over the glass for sale in the sale posts, I thought I'd start an 'appreciation' thread where we can put our comments and whatnot that isn't directly related to the sales.

For instance:

Holy shit man, CXLive is bringing some nice glass to us with these inline a/c's, inline dub bubs, and inline tubes. Dude will be getting a steady stream of cash from me once I return from the Cup. Check the link, but please post your comments here. (And please put up your own links and comments for other glass here as well)

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1025&page=3

Again CXLive, those are sick pieces of glass, me wantee. :)

etarip
11-06-2008, 03:44 PM
hi i love glass.

johnnyballbag
11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Yeah he's got some sick tubes on his photobucket page. Def gonna have to see what he's got when i go to get another tube.

SemperAltus
11-06-2008, 09:51 PM
yup i missed some good slinger slides QQ

Simz
11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah I got some Slides from CX that I ordered. They made it in 1 pieces, no problem with the guy, answers your q's. Overall it was a nice experience dealing with CX. I'll try upload and post some pictures of the slides I bought.

Thanks CX.

dopamine
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
CX is cool as a fan. I've got several nice heady pieces from him. He has great communication and always ships fast. What more can one ask for.

rix
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
i got a couple slinger slides and sherly from CX ~ :cool1:

Dankohzee
11-06-2008, 11:59 PM
hey I saw a really cool slide on one of the other threads, but by the time I got all the way over here I had forgotten who had it, how much he wanted for it, or where the hell it was I had seen it in the first place, lol. I mean I get it, I guess, but if I ever walked into a store that had a sign up that said I couldn't ask any questions or make any comments unless I was serious about buying, well...

YukonBikerGuy
11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Try opening the different pages in new browser window, or new browser tab, so you can go back and forth and remember what you are talking about. I certainly have to, I'm always stoned man.

Your point about the store is close, but imagine if it was you and 20 others in the store at the same time, and everyone talks at once to the shopkeep all the time. No business gets done and its loud and confusing. Or what if all the conversation was in text bubbles, they would eventually fill the store to the point where you cannot see the goods, prices, or the shopkeep. As the store owner, you have to deal with it by putting up a number dispenser and dealing with customers one at a time, from a lineup where they dont block the merchandice. And if your store is filled with the lineup, do you really have room in there, or time for as many lookie-lou commenting fans as waiting customers??

I just thought that having a seperate commenting section would make it easier for both the sellers, and us buyers. Stand outside, look through the window at the display, and comment among ourselves, and maybe think about taking a number.

Dankohzee
11-07-2008, 04:23 PM
No, I think this thread is a great idea. It's just that I like to ask questions before I decide if i'm interested. Sometimes background info is needed before seriously considering an item.

johnnyballbag
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
No, I think this thread is a great idea. It's just that I like to ask questions before I decide if i'm interested. Sometimes background info is needed before seriously considering an item.

Yeah you have a good point, but there's private messages for that. Keep in mind, the person who's selling it has to spend time reading through all the comments to find who's seriously interested. That's why i took my thread down about my N3RD tube, no one was serious and it became a waste of my time to read through the shit. Just my two cents...Either way though, this is the only place i've found that even let's you sell shit, so i'm more than happy with this place.

bitfreak420
11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
I think it is an awesome idea to keep chitter out of the for sale threads, they were becoming a bit of a pain in the ass to read through.

johnnyballbag
11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Another reason i like the idea is because now you don't (hopefully) have to scan through a bunch of meaningless posts to see if it's been picked up or not. When i see someone that seems interested, i don't want to step on any toes by trying to snake the piece for myself. But you can always make your own thread to show off your gear and talk about it.

YukonBikerGuy
11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1076

Nice double bubbler man, like the color and clear together, looks cool. Bit pricey for me but I'd love to try it :)

Dankohzee
11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
So the new process is:

1 Post item for sale

2 Come here to see if anyone likes it or has questions about it

3 Answer questions and respond to comments. Here.

4 return to sale thread to see if anyone has broken the spooky silence with the magic word. If not...

5 Return here to see what the buzz is. If there is no buzz, forever wonder why the heck your piece didn't sell.

I think the seller you just linked to Yukon, is a good example of why the new rules--though practical in a sense--actually work against the seller in some cases.

YukonBikerGuy
11-13-2008, 01:28 PM
No. Read the new glass rulez: http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/announcement.php?f=63&a=13

Its non-sale related comments that that they are trying to keep the kibosh on, and that I've created this thread for. Questions directly related to the sale of an item still belong in the thread with the item(s). Answers to those questions also belong in that thread. " How much is shipping to Canada?" "Would you trade for my Lux beaker?" "How much for the A/C and inline only?" " Do you have more than 1 available?"

What doesn't belong there, and does belong here is " Sick glass man!" "Wow, nice piece dude!" "I only wish I could have this..." ect

The sale threads are quieter than before, as was intended. In light of the former circumstances of the those sale threads, its hard to see a better solution than banning the chatter that hide the sales and questions about them.

Dankohzee
11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
OOOooooh. Well that's different.

YukonBikerGuy
11-14-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016

Wow man, that 3 foot zong is a beast. Looks cool, but also looks like a way to bust a lung, lol.