PDA

View Full Version : help, i f*cked up

sam
11-07-2008, 12:24 AM
I started off using a automatic mixer/cakemixer, and everything came out green, even the 75u and 23u. did i completley ruin my sourchunk hash? Is it ok to smoke if its green, or am i headed to headache city?
So bummed :(

YukonBikerGuy
11-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Well, some hash starts out a bit green looking when wet, and then lightens up a bit as it dries. Usually the 73u and 25u dont come out so green for me though. I would suggest that you mixed too hard, and too long. Also, how much did you crush your starting material? (dont powder it) Was it bone dry, or frozen fresh? (frozen fresh makes for less contaminant) Frozen for how long before making hash out of it, 1 hour, or 2 weeks? (freeze it long and hard so the trichs break off easiest) Also gentle mixing is prefered, as it makes less contaminant get into your final product. I used to use a 5A power drill and a paint mixer, and used a cake mixer, and now I own a Bubblenow machine. The paint mixer was the worst for green hash, cake mixer right behind. The Bubblenow is the shiznit though, makes it so easy it almost seems like cheating. Some of the elite purists like to do a gentle mix by hand with a wooden spoon to get the ultimate bubblehash. Basicly, you are tring to get the trichs brittle and breaking off of the plant material while breaking up the plant material itself as little as possible. Quite a few, including myself sometimes, will do a short (3-5 minute) mix and then pull the bags for the best hash, and then a second longer (10-15 min) mix for quantity extraction. The longer you mix, the more likely you are to contaminate your hash. If you powder bone dry material before processing, almost garanteed to have dusty green hash.

The only way to assess your green hash is to smoke it and find out, hope its still ok.

bitfreak420
11-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Good solid advice YGB.

thenewguy
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah... not much more you can say.

YukonBikerGuy
11-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Thx guys, I do try :)