PDA

View Full Version : so excited, Bubble Now first run

IronChefBlue
11-09-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm just about to start my first run of bubble ever and I'm using the Bubble Now 8 bag kit. The first thing through will be trim and small buds of Ethiopian Sativa. I have lots of trim of this strain in the freezer so I figure it's good to learn with.

One question, if the zipper bag is 220micron then why use the 220micron bag in the bucket? I'm going to use it this first time around since the instructions say to but it seems redundant.

Wish me luck! :pray: And thanks Bubbleman and co. for making this kit.

YukonBikerGuy
11-09-2008, 02:57 AM
The 220u bag in the bucket will still catch a small amount of contminant, even tho the zippered bag is 220u as well. When you pull the bag and see whats in it, you will be glad you kept it out of your hash.

Green Supreme
11-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Well I never used it my first few times, then decided to give it a try. I was very surprised at what I saw at clean up. There was a lot in that bag that would have clogged my 190 bag. People just need to realize that more bags is better when making hash, instead of trying to short cut. That is if quality means anything to you. Enjoy man. Bubble on. Peace GS

ps. if you have not yet watched this vid you should check it out first

http://www.pot-tv.net/ram/pottvshowse3815.ram

IronChefBlue
11-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm watching the video right now. I've been using the 220 bag but there's not much in it. Not like it's much work to use 1 more, so I'll stick with it.

I haven't been getting much return on 400g of fresh/frozen trim yet. There's a decent amount of junk in the 190 and 160, pretty much nothing down to 90 where it starts, little bit in the 73, then the bulk is in the 45 and 25. This is a pure landrace sativa and I know from looking at it under a microscope the heads are a lot smaller than what I see on my hybrids and indicas. I've run 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes and now running 30 minutes again. I know, sounds like overkill but the 2nd and 3rd runs are probably 90% of what I've collected so far and the 25 and 45 are a nice cream color, doesn't look contaminated at all. We'll see what I get out of this last run. Is 400g of fresh too much maybe? It was prefrozen for weeks, I prechilled water to under 40f, used lots of storebough ice. I just thought I'd get more from this quantity of trim, but it wasn't the frostiest trim I have.

Lotta fun learning, I can't wait to smoke this batch. And then run some other varieties of trim soon.

Bubbleman
11-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Hey right on ironchefblue, thanks for sharing your experience.
Would love to see some pics of your bubble, and of course a smoke report.

Peace
Bubble man