PDA

View Full Version : Yield

ghib
11-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Hi sorry if this question has been asked before, the search seems like it's having some problems.

What's the average percent yield I should expect from running nugs through bubblebags? What about from close trim?

I've read of people getting at very most like 18-20% making bho and I just wanted to know what to expect before I buy the bags.

fizoster
11-13-2008, 03:01 AM
This is the million-dollar question that can't be answered ha. It will be different pretty much every time. It all depends on the bud you use, how long you stir, how hard you stir, and other factors. I'm definitely not a pro like others on this site, but they will tell you the same thing. I used to really care about yield, but once I started making hash I stopped caring so much about how much I got. It's really about how good it is, and how high it gets you ha.

YukonBikerGuy
11-13-2008, 02:20 PM
The most quoted figure seems to be 3-10% return, depending on several factors including: strain, fresh or dry, how frozen the material is, type of mixing, length of mixing, and the skill of the hash maker. Also, some people mistakenly weigh thier hash before it is completely dry, and you will see some inflated figures from it.

As fizoster says, its really about having the high quality concentrate to smoke.

If you want both purity and high yield, do 2 runs, a 3-5 min run will give you ultra pure hash, and then run it again for 15 min a second time to extract a larger amount of hash but with more contaminant in it.

Also, you can't really compare bubblehash and bho, they are 2 different things. Making bho is a potentialy dangerous process using volatile solvents that can possibly leave unwanted residues in your final product. When you screw up you can blow up and/or get burned. Bubblehash is a super safe process using ice, cold water, and agitation, and leaves nothing behind in well dried bubble. To the health conscious, its certainly the better choice. When you screw up, you get slightly lower quality hash.

I started by borrowing bag sets from friends, then I started my own collection with a 5 gallon 4-bag set of Bubblebags, then ordered the other 4 bags, and then the Bubblenow machine. I am very happy with the meds this system produces. Next I will get a second 8 bag set to make it easier to do my seperate 'primo' and 'bulk' runs.

I am not always health conscious in my choices of what I smoke, but I will never regret my investment in making bubblehash. I've tried 3 different makes of icehash bags, and the Bubblebags are by far the best. Bubbleman knows his shit, and this site of his is full of awsome tips, stories and pictures.

Wow, blathered on a bit there...... *goes back to the Bubble filled RooR*......