PDA

View Full Version : Crappy stuff

smokiyee
11-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey all, I just wanted to let you guys know, I ran 11 runs as of friday with the first bag of shitty shake, the total is 31.3 grammys total. Not bad at all, I didn't think I was going to do that good with how bad the shake was, alot of fan leaves and crap in it. I expect a better yield out of the killer second bag with all the sugar shake, airy nugs and such. I will geta camera soon and take a few pics. Big props to this site, I felt like I had been doin' this for years. Thanks to all.

smokiyee
11-18-2008, 12:51 AM
I have a few questions, I have smoked the 45 and 73 stuff and it's good,but no bubble. It's only been dry for a few days some only a day and a half), should I just wait and let it cure? This is the crappy bag so it may not bubble, definitely stoney tho', the 73 stuff was AWESOME!! I've did 2 batches of the killer shake and it looks WAYYYY BETTER than the First bag, I knew it was better in the bag, just looked way cleaner and chocolaty! The last 3 bags there was alot of bubbles(good shake) but under those bubbles, looked heavenly!! Today is the first day I've tried the hash, and I am definitely hooked on makin' this stuff, too fun, also, I noticed my hashed burned up kinda fast, I wouldn't say real fast, but maybe I'm rushing it, I'll let it cure another few days and see what's up.:pray:

YukonBikerGuy
11-18-2008, 02:04 AM
How many bags are you using? Of what size? (1 gal, 5 gal, 20 gal?) How are you mixing? For how long? I'm not sure which you are calling the crappy bag? What is shitty shake? From leafy trim from buds, or just vegative leaf, or what? Are you chopping the hash up finely on cardboard to dry?

Better starting material equals better hash. Curing hash can improve flavor, how much and for how long seems very strain dependant. Smoking niceley made powdered hash can seem like it goes faster than pressed hash just because of density, but I (and others here) find that the fine hash powder is easier to smoke (and make those FMCD bubbles) and so prefer to keep it that way. Lots of things can affect the purity if your bubblehash, and the more pure (ie less contaminant) the better chance to get nice melty hash. Some strains' hash only bubbles a little if at all, and some strains are so melty they go right through the screen when you heat them. As long as the hash is well dried, you should be able to establish whether yours is non-melty, sorta-melty, or FMCD (Full Melt Clear Dome).

smokiyee
11-18-2008, 03:11 AM
How many bags are you using? Of what size? (1 gal, 5 gal, 20 gal?) How are you mixing? For how long? I'm not sure which you are calling the crappy bag? What is shitty shake? From leafy trim from buds, or just vegative leaf, or what? Are you chopping the hash up finely on cardboard to dry?

Better starting material equals better hash. Curing hash can improve flavor, how much and for how long seems very strain dependant. Smoking niceley made powdered hash can seem like it goes faster than pressed hash just because of density, but I (and others here) find that the fine hash powder is easier to smoke (and make those FMCD bubbles) and so prefer to keep it that way. Lots of things can affect the purity if your bubblehash, and the more pure (ie less contaminant) the better chance to get nice melty hash. Some strains' hash only bubbles a little if at all, and some strains are so melty they go right through the screen when you heat them. As long as the hash is well dried, you should be able to establish whether yours is non-melty, sorta-melty, or FMCD (Full Melt Clear Dome).I have the 5gal 8 bag set. I am mixing by hand for about 12 13 minutes consistently. Well, I got two bags of shake, the first bag, alot of fan leaves, but still some decent sugar shake in there, the second bag is way better, as in, alot of sugar shake, almost no fan leaves, and alot of airy dinky buds. To answer your other question, I put the hash on the press screens for about 30 mins or so, then chopped up finely with a razor blade on packaging cardboard, the thick stuff, I will have a camera tomorrow and take pictures. Thanks for the reply!!

fizoster
11-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I hand mix too, and I would say only mix for about 10 minutes tops. I mix for about 8-9 minutes on my first run. Then I do a second run and stir for about 10-12 minutes. If you do multiple runs, you can separate the best hash out without having to sacrifice quantity.

smokiyee
11-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Hey guys, I finally got my brothers camera, I know, a very long TOMORROW!! :) Well, here they are, tell me what you think!! I yielded 31.3g from the first bag, 36.3 from the second. I ran the first bag 11 runs, that's 5 runs X 2 and 1 batch ran once. The second bag, I ran 8 washes, 4X2 and yielded more with less product, so the second bag was WAY better. I think it came out awesome. I really like the 90, 73, and 45 screens. The 45 really messed me up the other nite through the vape. I have smoked the 160, and it's kinda harsh, I'll just mixed that in with some brownies for some edibles. Overall, for 250 bucks for the bags, free material, WELL WORTH IT FOR SURE. Anyway, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I did 19 total runs so I got it down PAT!! Oh, if you are doing runs by yourself like I did, definitely do the salad bowl trick, will save you alot of hassle and get most of the water out of the product. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions, this site ROCKS!! :cool1:

The first pic is all the hash together, the second and 3rd pic is the 120, 4th & 5th 90, 6th 73, 7th 45, 8th 25. I didn't take a pic of the 160, didn't get that much out of the 160, and it's really not that smokable, definitely taste the contaminents in it, does get u a little stoned tho', but again, will be better in some brownies or something!! :p

P.S If you open the pics in Internet Explorer, you can take a closer LOOK!! I use Firefox, and it works too! :cool5:

smokiyee
11-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Vape Shot!!

YouTube - Vape Shot.MPG