PDA

View Full Version : Welcome one and all

DrBudGreengenes
11-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Welcome ladies and Gentlemen....to the "Micro Trichome Farmers" Forum :watchplant: :watchplant: :watchplant:
My name is DrBud and I will be your host :smoke3:

Hennessy1414
11-20-2008, 04:18 AM
only cfl's?

DrBudGreengenes
11-20-2008, 04:44 AM
only cfl's?

No way this Forum is open to all...Small Time Personal Growers....here in the Micro-Forum.
We will teach each other how to ..."Work with what ya Have".
Be that a smaller space,some CFL's,FloroTubes,HPS/MH or whatever you have....Trich's for one and all is what we are after....:bongin:

Hennessy1414
11-20-2008, 07:31 AM
No way this Forum is open to all...Small Time Personal Growers....here in the Micro-Forum.
We will teach each other how to ..."Work with what ya Have".
Be that a smaller space,some CFL's,FloroTubes,HPS/MH or whatever you have....Trich's for one and all is what we are after....:bongin:
im thinking of starting a set with two LARGE rubber maid boxes...the aim wouldn't be stealth... ill put as many cfl's at the top(bar bath light socket strips) an possibly throw a layer of glass under the cfls and vent all of the light heat out and go for the "cool tube" effect. a lil LST and a FAT mother for clones. prolly 4 rubber maids worth of micro growing....clones, veg, flower, mother...:pray: im getting ideas

DrBudGreengenes
11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
im thinking of starting a set with two LARGE rubber maid boxes...the aim wouldn't be stealth... ill put as many cfl's at the top(bar bath light socket strips) an possibly throw a layer of glass under the cfls and vent all of the light heat out and go for the "cool tube" effect. a lil LST and a FAT mother for clones. prolly 4 rubber maids worth of micro growing....clones, veg, flower, mother...:pray: im getting ideas

That sounds great.....
I have an Idea to toss at ya.....
if ya only need 1-4 kinds Maybe Mom/Clone (Clones inside a sealed bread box for humidity) in 1 Maid,Veg in 1 Maid and Flower 2 Maids....
We just doubled yur Flower output,.....:passit:
I will show how to easily keep....
Strains around forever...
"Micro-Bonsai" in 4" pots ....
that will let ya keep stock of Several kinds....
in a coupla sq ft.
When they are called upon to produce cuts they will do so
....every week if needed

Cuz then ya only take the Primo tops.....and Bubble the rest.
That is if ya don't mind smokin Hash?:cool5:

And I bet we have a blast along the way.....:stoned:

Hennessy1414
11-22-2008, 11:46 PM
That sounds great.....
I have an Idea to toss at ya.....
if ya only need 1-4 kinds Maybe Mom/Clone (Clones inside a sealed bread box for humidity) in 1 Maid,Veg in 1 Maid and Flower 2 Maids....
We just doubled yur Flower output,.....:passit:
I will show how to easily keep....
Strains around forever...
"Micro-Bonsai" in 4" pots ....
that will let ya keep stock of Several kinds....
in a coupla sq ft.
When they are called upon to produce cuts they will do so
....every week if needed

Cuz then ya only take the Primo tops.....and Bubble the rest.
That is if ya don't mind smokin Hash?:cool5:

And I bet we have a blast along the way.....:stoned:

i love you

Mrs.Greengenes
11-23-2008, 08:35 PM
I love him too ;)

Mrs.G

oldmanmozz
11-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I love him too ;)

Mrs.G

sounds good

cheers bubble an cones Mozz (from Oz)

hempybucquet
11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Hey Dr & Mrs G! Thought you were lost to the trolls. Glad to see not. :party1:

It seems like each run through the SOG I learn something that makes the budz a little bit better.

MicroSOG: Dropping that CFL down into the middle of the SOG really helps beef up the lower half of the budsicle. Who said Sativa's are not supposed to be good for SOG?? :smoke1:
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/1/3/0/1/tray.jpg

I followed the good Doc's orders and this is my reward....Tasty CFL MicroTrichs!
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/1/3/0/1/430044hrUVB2.jpg

cdcl0ne
11-27-2008, 11:53 AM
all i can say is you fookers drink way to much soda drinks ...:P

BTW dr ..its me ..CDC. well its a clone of me :P

ghib
12-02-2008, 03:07 AM
hey guys, great looking grows, I'm interested in starting a micro-grow and I had a few questions. Around how many watts per cubic foot are you using? Do you use 12/12 lighting from seed? Do you think lighting from the side would work to help keep the plants short?

hempy, what strain is that? For a sativa it looks like you've done a great job at keeping them from stretching.

Mrs.Greengenes
12-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Hey Dr & Mrs G! Thought you were lost to the trolls. Glad to see not.

Glad to see you too hempy. Your plants are looking great. :smoke3:

Mrs.G

hempybucquet
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
hempy, what strain is that? For a sativa it looks like you've done a great job at keeping them from stretching.

It's "Superbud" from Highgrade seedbank...70% sativa. It took a little experimenting to get them to behave. They seem to want to stretch and produce nothing but popcorn buds. I found that if I flower them at 2", and wound the stem by crushing it slightly in the first 3 weeks of flower they stunt, behave and deliver much beefier buds!

Just added "Black Queen", a 80% indica to the cab. Will be interesting to see what sort of budsicle that generates.

ghib
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
so like a slight supercrop to the main stem?

do you do the same with the indicas?

hempybucquet
12-03-2008, 01:38 AM
so like a slight supercrop to the main stem?

Right, just crush the stem between your fingers until you feel a crunch. Enough to bruise it, but not enough to flop it over.

Have not tried it on the indica yet. Going to see if I can grow it short and compact without "stressing" first.

Tanuvan
12-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Dr. Bud! Glad to see you are still around. Someone gave me a nudge in the right direction to find you!

Quick question for Dr. Bud, or anyone who is proficient at his methods...

Essentially, one of the techniques stated was to mount the CFL light cleats and not move them. Is there an ideal height to mount them at? From Dr. Buds 210watt cab, it appears that the lights are about 24-26 inches. Is that about right?

greenhouse_jim
12-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Just thought I'd chime in here since it appears to be the meet and greet thread for now :)

Hi, I'm jim, good to meet ya! Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have me a new micro grow (my first micro) and will share the adventure with you guys. The grows that I've seen many of you posting here and elsewhere have really given me a much greater comfort level with setting up the micro grow than I've had in the past.

StonyPeach
12-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Can't wait to get my own grow under way Dr. Greenbudgenes style here with the new year! NL and Power skunk... YUMMY!

Tatz
04-20-2010, 05:14 AM
Hello fellow Microīs !
Inspired by the good Dr., I decided to have a go at a little cupboard myself.
I tried last year, but did a lot of things wrong and practically nothing right.
I did get some really tasty (small) nugs, but all in all, if counting $$, it wasnīt worth the effort.

But heck, did I learn a lot !!!

So, now Iīm giving it a go again.
Growing mostly Indica, itīs a bit hard to get the girls to stretch enough, but thatīs just a question of dialing them in, flowering at the right starting size.
I started a small variety of (16) seeds, ended up with 4 males, 12 Ladies !
You can see pics of my projekt here:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=16873

Iīll take a few more picīs fer ya later today....
:smokin:

Brian SB
04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Cant wait till i rip this toro nextdoor with a toro ac:passit: