PDA

View Full Version : too wet?

greengirl
11-27-2008, 11:13 PM
hey everybody! i need some advice...
i made my first bubble, and when i smoke it it turns to a tary gooy mess instead of ash. do i need to dry it better? i have looked in several books and talked to poeple and the drying/curing part of making hash seems to be hard to get advice on. if anyone wants to share their techniques i would appreciate it! Peace!

vodkamartiny12
11-27-2008, 11:35 PM
lol from what it looks like you made yourself some fullmelt hash:pipe: You got any pics of this "tary mess". And is it golden or black?

Razz
11-28-2008, 02:27 AM
dont keep it in a ball, flatten it out and break it up into smaller pieces, on some cardboard, and it will dry somewhat over the next few days. tarry, gooey mess sounds good to me. plus if your smoking it right after making it, there is still water in it so it may not burn all that well, but that will change in a day or two.

Evergreen
11-28-2008, 03:34 PM
What up green girl,

Welcome to fullmeltbubble!! This is my personal style and I'm sure that you'll find that most of the peeps on here do something along these lines.

When I pull my bubble out of the bag I place it into my drying screen that Bubbleman supplied with the bubblebags.

I then LIGHTLY press it. I can't stress enough how important it is not to crush the delicate trichomes while they are wet, there are two reasons you don't want to press it hard when it is wet;
1) Exerting a lot of pressure on the trichome will break the carboxylate "ring", you see the corboxylate group or "ring" encases a majority of the psychoactive oils. If it is not for immediate consumption it is likely to spoil.

2) If you press the bubble while it is still wet you will break the carboxylate ring and the THC, CBN, CBD oils will mix with the water on a molecular level and be next to impossible to seperate.

So I put it in the drying screen and lightly pat the screen with a towel on top or paper towel. I then take a CLEAN piece of cardboard place it on and chop it up with a razor blade, don't chop it up like your about to do a line of it, just enough to break it up.

This is where i might stray from everybody else, I have 3 cats and an english bulldog so there is a lot of hair and dust floating around. So I bought a few low height boxes from the local container store and cut holes a few holes on either side and placed a 5 micron screen over all the holes so no hair could get in and very little dust. I then let it dry for about two days while giving it a stir twice a day.

Another thing to keep in mind if you are looking for the real good full melt is to try to keep the trim fresh, that is do the bubble soon after trimming don't let the trim kick around in a paper bag in your house for a few months before bubbling, I find that the fresher the trim the better the bubble. Leaving trim out to dry for long periods of time will dry out the essential oils which are what we are looking for.

Good luck!

greengirl
11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
thanks for the info guys! i left the lids off my jars (i am storing it in small glass jars) and it seems like it is dry enough???...it is in nice little chunks. so i worked some into a flat wafer and smoked it. it bubbles nicely...i was expecting it to burn up to clean white ash, but maybe that's not the norm? it works and all, kinda messy in my pipe though! LOL
the next batch i make i will play with a bit more. this one i just put on the drying screen and didn't touch it-scared i might ruin it.

greengirl
11-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Yo Evac! You said to use up the trim soon...do you let it dry first? i had alot of bud and very nice small leaf, and read it was good to dry it, so i did that first, then put the large paper bag in a plastic bag and put it in the deep freeze until i get to it. do you think that is a bad idea?
and do you think maybe i just don't know how to smoke it????

greengirl
11-29-2008, 05:07 PM
ahhh sorry so many replys dudes, i'm new at this too! LOL. vodkamartiny12: it is black on the outside, because of oxidization i believe, if i break a chunk apart it is a nice golden tan, and when it burns the "gooy tar" is dark brown-black. and bubbly. it was golden when made....and bubbles nice when smoked. i think maybe i just don't have the smoking technique down. i put it in a glass pipe with a metal screen, and haven't figured out yet how much flame. seems like it the flame gets too close the hash lights on fire! not close enough, nothing happens. i think maybe it's because i am a newbie and gotta keep trying!?

Dollar
11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Sounds like you made some wonderful hash. Smoking technique will come with time.

Keep up the good work mama

Razz
11-29-2008, 09:53 PM
if it doesn't burn to a white ash, load smaller hits. that way every hit will be as fresh as the last.

ropesheads
02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
you ll never beat hand rubbed bubble