PDA

View Full Version : Water Curing

vodkamartiny12
12-08-2008, 01:50 AM
Water curing: can it be done when non organic nutes are used? :confused: has anyone done this procedure befor? does it effect potency of herb?

Hennessy1414
12-08-2008, 02:16 AM
oh yes yes yes

i love it! if you have a small batch of buds you want to play around with or your shit tastes real gross..water cure....makes the hits have more THC% and smoother....you also need a food dehydrator

good luck and try it on some of your home gro!

linsen
12-08-2008, 07:53 AM
the only reason it affects potency is because it loses some weight, but the same amount of glands are left on the plant matter(if youre careful) so same THC, less weight=more potency

you can water cure any buds

it affects the taste in a negative way, it loses some taste, but lots of times people do it because they know the herb wont taste very well

bitfreak420
12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
what the hell?

linsen
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
I've done it to about a 1/4 oz out of a harvest, just to try it

I used two small tupperware containers, one with holes cut all in the bottom, so I didnt disturb the herb as much as possible in the water

Also don't use tap water

Basically you let the herb sit in water for a week, changing the water ever so carefully each day. Once the 7 days have passed you remove the herb gently and dry it by normal means, perhaps with a little more air circulation

The idea is to leech any nutrients+chlorophylls out of the herb when you have done a less than sufficient flush cycle

I've heard of people doing it to mexi-brick schwag aswell

bitfreak420
12-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Hmm, interesting. Learn something every day.

Green Supreme
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
What linsen said. Peace GS

Hennessy1414
12-14-2008, 06:14 AM
the only reason it affects potency is because it loses some weight, but the same amount of glands are left on the plant matter(if youre careful) so same THC, less weight=more potency

you can water cure any buds

it affects the taste in a negative way, it loses some taste, but lots of times people do it because they know the herb wont taste very well
you get a nug that tastes like "air" smoke. really diluted smkoe but you get fat creamy rips...a bit of a let down that the taste is taken away but....its worth it to try.

also please use a food dehydrator...shits fun to try

pleas back up why you wouldnt use tap water? lets try not to make this cost more :sick1:

linsen
12-14-2008, 06:24 AM
because tap water will leave all sorts of deposits, are you crazy?

just get some distilled water at the store for oh jeez 67 cents

lets try to use common sense instead of bitching about money

linsen
12-14-2008, 06:25 AM
if you are trying to LEACH NUTRIENTS AND OTHER THINGS FROM THE PLANT, WHY ADD MORE WITH TAPWATER

johnnyballbag
12-14-2008, 06:45 AM
What about water from a dehumidifier?

Hennessy1414
12-14-2008, 07:05 AM
if you are trying to LEACH NUTRIENTS AND OTHER THINGS FROM THE PLANT, WHY ADD MORE WITH TAPWATER
thanks for the speedy response.

ok if i see this much dedication towards the subject, and your not completely discounting this method, then i can agree with you...

next time i get a delicious grow going ill compare tap water cured nugz to distilled cured nuggets.

i love experiments! (and growing) the high is just and added perk to all of this. hahaha

Hennessy1414
12-14-2008, 07:06 AM
What about water from a dehumidifier?
its distilled but some what cumbersome to obtain from how i imagine it. buying it would save you money in the long run

johnnyballbag
12-14-2008, 07:11 AM
How so? Most i've seen have a drain, just run it to a bucket or whatever to collect it. But it's way cleaner with way less sediment than tap water. Can't speak for anyone else, but the tap water is 450ppm where i'm at.

Hennessy1414
12-14-2008, 07:17 AM
How so? Most i've seen have a drain, just run it to a bucket or whatever to collect it. But it's way cleaner with way less sediment than tap water. Can't speak for anyone else, but the tap water is 450ppm where i'm at.
hmmmm i thought you ment the humid "mist" that comes out of the humidifer and you collect that liquid.

well the guy that told me off is right...67 cents for some distilled water...not bad at all :)

YukonBikerGuy
12-14-2008, 04:04 PM
Are you completely nuts? The water that collects in a dehumidifier has been in long contact with metal and plastic, and all the dust and other crap in there grows quickly into a nice black scum..... and you want to soak your weed in that? Gross. My tap water is 110ppm, and I still would go with distilled water, IF I were to do this method. This whole thread is about shortcutting instead of taking the time to do it right. Why not take the care and attention grow and flush the weed properly, and cure it properly the first time? No no no, gotta feed it till the end, no flush, fuck it up cuz ya shortcutted. Then try to fix the weed, and now you want to shortcut on doing that. This is a great example of the problem with today's fast food mentality, everyone wants it right now with no effort. I'd suggest that perhaps you and Hennesey1414 should go back to buying weed, then you have no effort at all, its the shortest shortcut ever. If you cant tell that yer buying crap weed (cuz it needs to be water cured after you bought it) perhaps you might do better to give up on weed altogether, and find something else to shortcut to death.

Frikin kids these days, sheesh!

johnnyballbag
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Are you completely nuts? The water that collects in a dehumidifier has been in long contact with metal and plastic, and all the dust and other crap in there grows quickly into a nice black scum..... and you want to soak your weed in that? Gross. My tap water is 110ppm, and I still would go with distilled water, IF I were to do this method. This whole thread is about shortcutting instead of taking the time to do it right. Why not take the care and attention grow and flush the weed properly, and cure it properly the first time? No no no, gotta feed it till the end, no flush, fuck it up cuz ya shortcutted. Then try to fix the weed, and now you want to shortcut on doing that. This is a great example of the problem with today's fast food mentality, everyone wants it right now with no effort. I'd suggest that perhaps you and Hennesey1414 should go back to buying weed, then you have no effort at all, its the shortest shortcut ever. If you cant tell that yer buying crap weed (cuz it needs to be water cured after you bought it) perhaps you might do better to give up on weed altogether, and find something else to shortcut to death.

Frikin kids these days, sheesh!

Wow. WTF man?! Maybe i should read through this thread again to see where i mentioned how i've water cured shit myself. Give me a sec......
Hmm, interesting. I read it, and nowhere did i mention doing that! Silly me, silly kid! Guess i must just be a dumb kid for trying to suggest something. Well, i'm off to do my homework!

Hennessy1414
12-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow. WTF man?! Maybe i should read through this thread again to see where i mentioned how i've water cured shit myself. Give me a sec......
Hmm, interesting. I read it, and nowhere did i mention doing that! Silly me, silly kid! Guess i must just be a dumb kid for trying to suggest something. Well, i'm off to do my homework!
hey ya your^ right!

and yukon....wow bro its just another outlet to cure for some people...were just trying to keep people informed on the subject. I love a good cured nug but experimenting with water curing is "different"....I love finding out if other realms exist in the process of ingesting marijuana.....

do you have a problem with that because I bet you love to change things about your grow room and take a mental look at it from another angle.....that's all were trying to do here bro.....not be impatient and make a forum over how fast we can smoke this shit!...I could get dry sift faster than water curing so dont tell me to buy more sacs and support the "war on drugs" lets put dealers out of biz and grow our own!...not intimitadte other out of growing...

Frikin kids these days, sheesh! :p

johnnyballbag
12-14-2008, 09:28 PM
And for the record i've never water cured, never came across a scenario where i would need to. Was just suggesting that in case you WERE to use that method, since my dehumidifier water averages around 10ppm. And it's crystal clear. But my unit is also kinda newer, and i clean the filter often. Call it my energetic youth. ;) But don't worry Vodka...i'm not gonna attack you for what you choose to do. I wouldn't do it myself, but i wouldn't sky dive either.

Hennessy1414
12-15-2008, 03:13 AM
And for the record i've never water cured, never came across a scenario where i would need to. Was just suggesting that in case you WERE to use that method, since my dehumidifier water averages around 10ppm. And it's crystal clear. But my unit is also kinda newer, and i clean the filter often. Call it my energetic youth. ;) But don't worry Vodka...i'm not gonna attack you for what you choose to do. I wouldn't do it myself, but i wouldn't sky dive either.
and plus the amount of bud you can load in the bowl....not harsh at all! its nice to get ripped fast and go do whatever...

also the smell of it being smoked isn't too noticeable..if you roll a spliff then the stealth factor of its a awesome!....totally vanished of any possible green smell in the air. an outlet for some mind you :rolleyes:

linsen
12-15-2008, 04:06 AM
I just wanted to try it, didn't NEED to

vodkamartiny12
12-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Hey man dont bring me into this i just was asking retorically because i found it on another forum and was confused of some ones arguement in a conversatios. I only smoke shit thats been atleast cured 3 months and flushed properly out door. Dont go claiming shit for me dude... and Yukon Biker guy lay off man... who are you trying to have that much influence on my life, if you had something that negative to say then why did you really have to say it, keep that shit to yourself, just cause you grow doesnt mean it makes up for all the other shit in your life that you are lacking..... :)

VOdka

Kif it Kunta
12-16-2008, 06:06 AM
I think 7 days is overkill...try this : soak a test bud in a glass of water for just two days, changing the water several times per day...slow arc swings to get rid of the excess water then hang for a day or two and it should be dry

anyone also notice how much quicker the soaked bud snap drys compared to normal (non-soaked) method of drying bud from the same tree?

Hennessy1414
12-21-2008, 07:37 AM
I think 7 days is overkill...try this : soak a test bud in a glass of water for just two days, changing the water several times per day...slow arc swings to get rid of the excess water then hang for a day or two and it should be dry

anyone also notice how much quicker the soaked bud snap drys compared to normal (non-soaked) method of drying bud from the same tree?
im pretty sure the 7 days is key...also using a FOOD DEHYDRATOR to dry out the bud is your best bet :)

legion
12-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Water cure should be a crime. My GF tried it out.. just to see.. turned good weed in to straight crap. Changed the water all that stuff then dried it.. worthless..

If others have had good results I'd be surprised. Will it get you high? Yes.. I just don't under stand why someone would want to do that to a plant..

Hennessy1414
12-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Water cure should be a crime. My GF tried it out.. just to see.. turned good weed in to straight crap. Changed the water all that stuff then dried it.. worthless..

If others have had good results I'd be surprised. Will it get you high? Yes.. I just don't under stand why someone would want to do that to a plant..
no no no...she didnt have it under control then...possibly too much weed/water ratio if ya kno what im sayen...my shit turned out aight the time i tested it

linsen
12-24-2008, 07:43 AM
so, aight= tasteless and ugly looking?

YukonBikerGuy
12-24-2008, 03:13 PM
aight? ok, no further proof needed

Hennessy1414 is obviously only 14
vodkamartini12 is obviously only 12

When will these idiotic children be banned from this forum that is for adults? They add nothing, clutter threads with useless posts and stupid comments, add absolutely nothing of value, and have generally trollish behavior throughout.

Fullmeltbubble, Bubbleman, Razz... do ya feel me here?

Hennessy1414
12-24-2008, 10:45 PM
aight? ok, no further proof needed

Hennessy1414 is obviously only 14
vodkamartini12 is obviously only 12

When will these idiotic children be banned from this forum that is for adults? They add nothing, clutter threads with useless posts and stupid comments, add absolutely nothing of value, and have generally trollish behavior throughout.

Fullmeltbubble, Bubbleman, Razz... do ya feel me here?
hey man im giving information to a thread ABOUT WATER CURING! were not talking about making buble or selling glass...im not going in those threads, butting in and saying, "HEY LOOK EVERYONE...WATER CURING IS THE SHIT! LETS TALK ABOUT IT!"

water curing is the main focus of this place you see infront of your screen...:)

and for the haters on water cured nugs...wow... please let the vice grip on your balls release because all of you are blue balling like no other! it shows:p LET DIFFERENT METHODS BE ACCEPTED!

water curing bud isnt all that bad. you can toke it up in public with little to no annoyances. it has a really smooth taste that feels good on your lungs if your sick...AND TO TRY SOMETING NEW IS AWESOME!

Hennessy1414
12-24-2008, 10:46 PM
so, aight= tasteless and ugly looking?
no. aight means worth giving this idea a try

linsen
12-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Well mine turned out tasteless and unappealing

Kif it Kunta
12-27-2008, 05:52 AM
try comparing soaking a bud for less than 24 hours, changing the water twice.

of course, correct slow drying, curing and storage in glass is best with well grown and correctly fertilized plants .....but if you are in a panic and cut some plants earlier than expected and you had also recently fertilized the plants then soaking the buds in water
for a day or more makes them smoke alot smoother

also when testing potency before harvest (or you are simply raiding the plant before it's fully ripe (edit) cos you are out of bud) then water curing for 24 hours, flick dry, cut into less than marshmellow size budettes (the smaller you cut it up into, the faster it will quick dry), let drain on tissues for 20 miutes, wrap in two layers of tissue and place on top of your modem or other constant warm surface for one ~ two days to dry it quick and be smokable (edit)...to increase the temps place a few sheets of paper over the wrapped test buds

this is a good way to quick dry and get some of the green taste out..and also some of the flavor and taste is rinsed away too, but not so much the potency

but let's face it, quick dried bud is about half as strong and has half the buzz of and goes half as far as well cured bud from the same plant....this method takes two or three days, there are much faster methods, dry ice, microwaves, toaster ovens etc..but 2 or 3 days from cut until inhaling produces a much better smoke and better indication of which one to keep than drying it super fast and burning away lots of the THC)

Hennessy1414
12-27-2008, 06:30 AM
try comparing soaking a bud for less than 24 hours changing the water twice.

of course correct slow drying, curing and storage in glass is best with well grown and correctly fertilized plants .....but if you are in a panic and cut some plants earlier than expected and you had also recently fertilized the plants then soaking the buds in water
for a day or more makes them smoke alot smoother

also when testing potency before harvest (or you are simply raiding the plant cos you are out of bud) then water curing for 24 hours, flick dry, cut into less than marshmellow size budettes, let drain on tissues for 20 miutes, wrap in two layers of tissue and place on top of your modem or other constant warm surface for one ~ two until quick dry then smoke...this is a good way to quick dry and get some of the green taste out
yet another good point.....THANK YOU! :):)

legion
01-02-2009, 05:46 AM
the water treatment is a hold over from hemp production. No where else do you see it with cannabis .

Hennessy1414
01-02-2009, 05:56 AM
the water treatment is a hold over from hemp production. No where else do you see it with cannabis .
cool...another fact...do you all forget about opinions?!?!?!?!

Green Supreme
01-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Friends don't let friends water cure. Just my opinion. Peace GS