PDA

View Full Version : Hints Tip and Tricks

smokiyee
12-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Hello all, these questions were originally for Bman, but he suggested starting a thread on this subject, so here it goes. I am getting ready to do a buddys chem dog shake, hopefully fresh trim this time, and was wondering if it's absolutely imperative to freeze the shake, or can u let it sit in ice water for 30 minutes or so. Also, I want to increase my chances of FMCD, so I was wondering if you experts have any inside hints, tips, tricks, etc... I am happy with the hash I made(19 washes so I learned alot, and read everything I could including videos), but no bubble, so I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to try and get the FMB. I want pictures like Bman, or at least similar, so please help. This thread is not solely for Bman, anyone can chime in and give there advice, or things they have learned along the way.

P.S I also wanted to know if I should let the water drain back in the other bags for the first two bags(blue and green), or pull immediately into another bucket. I use three buckets, works for a nice rotation. Thanks in Advance!!

:cool1:

smokiyee
12-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Well, it's confirmed, my buddies chemdog will be done in a few days so roughly in a week, I'll be doing some chemdog B Hash. :smoke3: I'm pretty excited, I've never smoked chem dog and I've smoked all kinds of strains, so it should be fun. I will try to bring my brothers camera, but he uses it frequently, so we will see whats up. Also, my bro has a huge amount of shake in bags that's been building up for awhile in his garage. I'm guess 10+ maybe 20( He has a ton, so we should get maybe a QP or more, we will see!!) pounds not including the new chem dog shake that will be fresh(6 light, small setup). I'm hoping for some FMB so I'm crossing my fingers!! :pray: I'll be doing all the work, so he said we can split the gold which is perfect!! Whenever you get a chance Bman, I'm still waiting for your reply!! :)

YukonBikerGuy
12-13-2008, 05:34 AM
Wow... I left this 1 alone fer a while, figuring someone would have a few things to thow into the pot..... lets have a go, shall we?

1. Freezing yer starting material is always best, at least 4 hrs, 24 prefered (I myself find a couple weeks even better) but letting it chill down to 4 deg Celcius and sit for 15-30 min b4 mixing will work too.
2. The purist hash comes from a few things IMO:
a) keep strains seperate if possible, some strains melt way more than others
b) mix gently, with a bubblenow machine or by hand with a wooden spoon, shorter mixes make for less contaminant in the hash
c) starting with fresh material (more important to freeze well, 24hrs or more, again, I prefer weeks) is better than dry, as less breaks up to become contaminant
3. There is no need for 3 buckets like that, put all the bags into 1 bucket, the smallest micron size first, work bag last (with an 8 bag system first is 25u, 45u, 73u, 90u, 120u, 160u, 190u, 220u work bag last in) then pour the water into (or mix in) the 220u work bag, then pull them up outta the bucket 1 at a time.

Wow, sitting here smoking some excellent random Yukon Kush bubblehash, and kinda fading out..... back to www.cannabischat.net (http://www.cannabischat.net) to puff more and veg out. Hope that helps man...

baw3187
12-13-2008, 06:27 AM
smoked some chemdawg hash at shwagstock this september. some fire. have fun!

smokiyee
12-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Wow... I left this 1 alone fer a while, figuring someone would have a few things to thow into the pot..... lets have a go, shall we?

1. Freezing yer starting material is always best, at least 4 hrs, 24 prefered (I myself find a couple weeks even better) but letting it chill down to 4 deg Celcius and sit for 15-30 min b4 mixing will work too.
2. The purist hash comes from a few things IMO:
a) keep strains seperate if possible, some strains melt way more than others
b) mix gently, with a bubblenow machine or by hand with a wooden spoon, shorter mixes make for less contaminant in the hash
c) starting with fresh material (more important to freeze well, 24hrs or more, again, I prefer weeks) is better than dry, as less breaks up to become contaminant
3. There is no need for 3 buckets like that, put all the bags into 1 bucket, the smallest micron size first, work bag last (with an 8 bag system first is 25u, 45u, 73u, 90u, 120u, 160u, 190u, 220u work bag last in) then pour the water into (or mix in) the 220u work bag, then pull them up outta the bucket 1 at a time.

Wow, sitting here smoking some excellent Purple Kush bubblehash, and kinda fading out..... back to www.cannabischat.net (http://www.cannabischat.net) to puff more and veg out. Hope that helps man...I use 3 buckets so I don't have to keep running to the hose all the time. You really only need 2 buckets, and yes I put all the bags in 1 bucket, then put the pulled material(work bag) in another bucket to rewash, or if it's the 2nd run, go dump the waste on my bushes. I really appreciate your wisdom and reply.

P.S I am fairly strong, I work out 4 days a week, can you stir too much or too hard with a spoon? I was mixing pretty vigorously for 10-12 minutes, should I go 5-8 mins first run? I was getting a nice clacking noise, and the mash was bubbling really nice. I'm probably just over analyzing the situation, but that's how I am. Yeah, gotta love the purps, I'm sure the Bubble is Phenominal!! Thanks again...

smokiyee
12-13-2008, 07:55 AM
smoked some chemdawg hash at shwagstock this september. some fire. have fun!
Awesome man, thanks for stopping in. I'm hoping to get some of the bud to, but I really want the B hash. I smoke mainly Bubble, but I occasionaly load some trees in the vape. I mainly vaporize, bubbler, or glass pipe for the hash, the bubblers broke:sick1: right now so I'm pretty much vaping it up. LoL And yes, I WILL DEFINITELY have FUN!! Cheers!! :cool5:

Jane Doe
12-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Good luck with your chems and bubble. Hope you can take pics loveto see them!

YukonBikerGuy
12-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I dont think you can stir too hard with a wooden spoon, but reducing the mixing time will always result in purer hash.

smokiyee
12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
I dont think you can stir too hard with a wooden spoon, but reducing the mixing time will always result in purer hash.Ok cool, I didn't think so either, but I just wanted to make sure. I was stirring it pretty hard, hard enough to have to switch hands, so thanks for clearing that up. I think I'll try 8 minutes first run, then 12-15 for the second. Cheers!! :cool1:

smokiyee
12-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Good luck with your chems and bubble. Hope you can take pics loveto see them!Thanks Jane, I'm hoping to bring the camera, one can only hope my brother won't be needing it. I just need to get my own camera, make things easier, maybe i'll get one for Christmas!! :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Bubbleman
12-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Alright my long over due reply
thanks for stepping in with a nice reply YBG. Very much what a community is all about. Helping others.
there are so many variables in actualy aquiring fullmelt bubble, mainly because most people's material is far from perfect. I had run aquite a few batchs in my day before i actualy saw the fmcd be produced.

If you havent already check this latest video hashbean uploaded of me making bubble at the cup> I throw down quite a few tips in the video.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166

Also like i said, follow the instructions to the tee, you may want to stray , but unless your getting the quality of the hash that you desire DON"T.

Little things in the instructions that seem unimportant to some, are actualy very important in the long run.

I wouldnt try to mix so hard with the spoon either. i mean if your going to mix a second time anyway to insure you don't lose any valuable trich heads, you have nothing to lose. ONly quality to gain.

the reason i released the bubblenow machine is very much because a lot of the problem lay in the mixing for people. They either over or under mix. The machine steps in and does the perfect mixing job EVERYTIME.
I compare it to the best mixing job i could ever do, and i've run a 1000 plus batchs in the past 10 years at least.

In the end if you follow all the instuctions, use all 8 bags, dry and cure your bubble properly and its still not melting into a puddle, The general rule of thumb is that, your starting material just doesnt have it to begin with.
I have had to tell many people who have thought their trim was the absolute best quality they could have, that indeed its not, and the bags really are the word of god when it comes to this.
Cause if your getting a sandy surface sizzling bubble, its not that its bad, its still going to be a 20fold better than any commercial or third world import you can find.
its just not going to hold up to the ultimate connesuer snobs in the hash world.
Depends on what your looking for, but juding by your post, you are looking for the ULTIMATE FMCD hash.

GOOD LUCK with your search and may your bowl be blessed with some fmcd sooner than later.

peace
Bubble man

smokiyee
12-19-2008, 09:38 PM
Alright my long over due reply
thanks for stepping in with a nice reply YBG. Very much what a community is all about. Helping others.
there are so many variables in actualy aquiring fullmelt bubble, mainly because most people's material is far from perfect. I had run aquite a few batchs in my day before i actualy saw the fmcd be produced.

If you havent already check this latest video hashbean uploaded of me making bubble at the cup> I throw down quite a few tips in the video.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166

Also like i said, follow the instructions to the tee, you may want to stray , but unless your getting the quality of the hash that you desire DON"T.

Little things in the instructions that seem unimportant to some, are actualy very important in the long run.

I wouldnt try to mix so hard with the spoon either. i mean if your going to mix a second time anyway to insure you don't lose any valuable trich heads, you have nothing to lose. ONly quality to gain.

the reason i released the bubblenow machine is very much because a lot of the problem lay in the mixing for people. They either over or under mix. The machine steps in and does the perfect mixing job EVERYTIME.
I compare it to the best mixing job i could ever do, and i've run a 1000 plus batchs in the past 10 years at least.

In the end if you follow all the instuctions, use all 8 bags, dry and cure your bubble properly and its still not melting into a puddle, The general rule of thumb is that, your starting material just doesnt have it to begin with.
I have had to tell many people who have thought their trim was the absolute best quality they could have, that indeed its not, and the bags really are the word of god when it comes to this.
Cause if your getting a sandy surface sizzling bubble, its not that its bad, its still going to be a 20fold better than any commercial or third world import you can find.
its just not going to hold up to the ultimate connesuer snobs in the hash world.
Depends on what your looking for, but juding by your post, you are looking for the ULTIMATE FMCD hash.

GOOD LUCK with your search and may your bowl be blessed with some fmcd sooner than later.

peace
Bubble manHey man, thanks for stopping by. Yes, you are right, I'm looking for the ultimate quality. I've heard the chem dog is melty so we will see soon. This time, I am going to go through the shake thoroughly and remove any fan leaves or contaminents and HOPE for the best. I am also going to do a medium stir for 8 minutes and see how that works out. Nice video, man that guy can take a HUGE rip. Big props for SURE!! PE@CE!!