PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Dry Sift Questions

mayan2012
12-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Long time no see! I'm thinking of exploring the bubblebox method and had a couple of questions.

1. Is it better to use frozen material or does it not make a difference? I know that with the bubblebag collection method, it is suggested that freezing helps to make the pollen glands more susceptible to breaking off and was wondering what your thoughts were.

2. Since one is after the pollen and not vegetative material, is it possible to use recently harvested plants or does this method require that they be dry? I suspect the latter but hope springs eternal.

3. How do people combust it if they don't want to mix it back in with vegetative material (which -to me- defeats the purpose of obtaining pure glands. In other words, doesn't it sift or get sucked through metal screens? I have a VaporBrothers vaporizor and would love to use that but the design has the glass pointed downward so I would think it would all fall out But even if you tipped the box, my concerns about the screen are the same. So what's a hash head to do?

Thanks for the font of info here!!

Bukket
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Hope I can help man,
1. Yes it is better to use frozen materials, most people will say freeze for ATLEAST 4-24 hours. This makes the heads of the crystals more brittle and easier to snap off.

2.Yes your best bet is to use fresh materials, if you were to use dryer material, You may have a bigger yield but if you look closely you will notice alot moer plant matter has squeezed through the screens.
with fresh material your yield may be a little smaller but it will be an alot more enjoyable smoke.

3.Its all personal preferance on how you would like to combust it, some roll it into a snake and put in a joint
but most poeple on these forums will use a bong.

Hope I could help man.

mayan2012
12-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks so much for the response, Bukket! Just to clarify, are you talking just chopped "fresh?" That would be far out...I have some just harvested Shark Shock I've been dying to try.

Bubbleman
12-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Well i am not sure if bukket saw your thread title, some DRY SIFT questions.
But with dry sift, you are much better off using a dried starting material> The glands will be much more abt to breaking off.
The colder the better for dry sifting. Ie freezing the material is only gonna do so much, Something much more efficient that you can do is, do your dry sifting in as cold of a temperature as you can> wether its bending into your deep freezer, or idealy a walk in freezer or a state that is freezing around this time of year. Below zero is ideal for really great dry sifting temperatures. Also its glandular heads that we are seeking not POLLEN. pollen comes from male flowers, and is what creates seeds in the plant.
As for puffing it, i prefer to the nicest headrushing hit i can from my bubble, so i use a roor tube bong for that affect. A smaller pipe just doesnt hit like a large tube bong.
My two cents.

Peace
Bubble man

mayan2012
12-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Thanks for the clarification(s), Bubbleman. I'll try a bubblebag run with the fresh stuff.

mayan2012
09-18-2009, 03:23 AM
Hi all...well, long time no see! I'm back and this time I come equipped with a bubblebox. Yep...new proud owner. Just operating it for the first time. I would be interested in learning a few more things from the experts about operating the bubblebox...

For instance...

How much material do most of you use to begin with?

Also, I'm not quite clear about how long one works the sifts on the different levels. How do you know when to stop the sifting process and move on to the next level? Is it a time thing? A visual thing? Or do people sift - harvest and then sift some more?

Thanks for your thoughts!

crAZjoeherbizzle86
01-03-2010, 04:19 AM
mayan2012, I had purchased a digital whip-style vaporizer in the recent past, and I simply tilt the whole vaporizer box, so that the opening of the glass bowl faces upward and the heating element downward, to prevent herb from falling out of the bowl into the heating element.

If I were in your situation I'd probably press the dry sift before vaping it; I've vaped resin that accumulates in my vaporizer (which was very high quality compared to the buds in it) and pressed "stem kief" successfully. I would think pressed hash should vaporize just fine in your VaporBrothers vaporizer - a small ball will probably last for quite a few draws though, producing a lot of vapor.

Syloafmaf
11-17-2011, 04:56 AM
flutterbie wrote:how in the world do you keep your room clean and sanitized? I dry brush myself in my own bathroom before I shower, and all I can think about is where all of the epidermal "dust" is going

Syloafmaf
11-19-2011, 07:45 AM
I have to say that I love the benefits of dry brushing, and I would love to offer it in my practice, but how in the world do you keep your room clean and sanitized? I dry brush myself in my own bathroom before I shower, and all I can think about is where all of the epidermal "dust" is going I have a dry massage room, with a jute rug on the floor under my table. How in the world would I keep that clean without draping the entire room? Are there regulations for this? I think I might even be inclined to wear a mask during the process. Not trying to be a bummer, but I think this is a very real issue. Thanks.