PDA

View Full Version : Bikram's Yoga

Bubbleman
12-12-2007, 03:27 AM
I have recently gotten turned onto this incredible form of hatha yoga. I have to say, its done a world of good for me, and if any of you out there want to help your physical and emotional bodies, as well as your spirtual, this will be for you.
The sequence is 26 postures done over a 90 minute period in a room that is heated to 110degree's F.

www.bikramyoga.com
www.bikramyogavancouver.com

are a few websites to get you started on your learning, and if you have any questions please ask away.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/bikram_raj.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/bikram.gif
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/jasonwinn.jpg
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/bikram.jpg

Kaneda
12-12-2007, 04:50 AM
Are the 1st and 3rd pics two of the 26 postures that you do in the 90 minutes? Because if so, I'm freaking out man, I've already broken too many bones!

Just kidding, I'm really gonna check out the local bikrams, I promise. And I'm gonna force QueenofGreen to come along with me.

diggity
12-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Definitely looking forward to trying this out......

Natty Puffington
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
RE: that last pic-- that is one big yoga class... Guinness world record, big.

Kaneda after bikram yoga: :rolloverdead: :crutches:
(i've been awaiting an opportunity to break out the smilie on crutches.)

hope this finds you all doing well;
be peaceful my friends. :bong1:
xxoo,
natty :puppy:

swikmo
12-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey B-man

Can an older broken up guy that can hardly put his shoes on without major pain do this class or is it for the advanced?Ive been told to check out yoga for my pain so not sure if I should start with regular yoga first.Thanx ahead.

Swik

MsJones
02-08-2008, 01:15 AM
After being injured last year and taking way too much time for myself "to heal" I am now in the yoga for stiff people class....working my way back up. It sounds interesting though, Bman...110 degree room huh? Why is that? Any particular reason or philosophy behind the increase in temperature other than a good pure sweat?

Bubbleman
02-08-2008, 01:28 AM
This class would absolutely be for your swimko, I have heard of people who could barely stand being propped up against the back wall for their first bikrams class. its is a beginners class. That you can do for the next twenty years plus.

The temperature is to help you access deep tissue in your muscle's that you would not otherwise have access to> The heat is absolutely essential to get the deepest into your wounds that you can go> Im amazed at the level of self discovery is offered thru this simple sequence of postures. IF you feel you can't do it, try doing the half class, which is to do each pose ONCE, instead of twice. I will put up a link to a great cd by bikram here

http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=bikram+yoga

and also if you are really intersted, i would pick up his new book to.

Enjoy

Peace
Bubbleman

MsJones
02-08-2008, 04:24 PM
That makes total sense...I myself like to hit the spa tub before I do yoga to loosen me up (I get adrenaline surges that make my back "lock up"...same thing happens when I am cold). Sometimes the jacuzzi leaves me feeling very tired and lethargic all by itself...I bet bikram's yoga would eliminate that.... yes..makes good sense. I will definitely give that link a go after noon today and seek out the book. You and I have talked yoga before..it's always been something that I pick up for a while then stop doing it for one excuse or another and really..for as good as it does me I don't know why I quit... you have been the little push from the cosmos I have needed more than once...

thanks

namaste
jonesy

Bubbleman
05-03-2008, 04:39 AM
well just a bump to anyone looking into bikrams yoga.
I am on a thirty day challange right now, and have done the past 8 of 10 days so far. MIssed a couple, but may still make up for it by the end of the month by doing two classes in one day.
Man i feel great after class lately.
I will keep a small journal of how my yoga helps me personaly.
I am working on straightening my spine and no longer having chronic headaches, What better journy to be on than one of seeking out optimum health.

Peace
Bubble man

leadsled
05-15-2008, 01:04 AM
I gotta try it sometime!

new to iyengar yoga but never done bikram.

A book I have states "when you do yoga positive things start happening in your life"

So True.

As far as the heated room.

Imagine a rubber band.

put in your freezer then try and stretch it. It breaks

take a rubber band and warm it up, its very pliable and stretches easily.

Your muscles work the same way.

So it would make sense why bikram yoga would allow you to get a deeper stretch.

Thanks for sharing!

Take care of yourselves everyone.

It only takes a minimum of 15 minutes 3 times a week to get a physical benefit from exercise.

leadsled
05-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Hey B-man

Can an older broken up guy that can hardly put his shoes on without major pain do this class or is it for the advanced?Ive been told to check out yoga for my pain so not sure if I should start with regular yoga first.Thanx ahead.

Swik

First the disclaimer. As always, check with your doctor before starting a exercise program.

Older broken guys can make drastic improvements with any type of exercise.

This yoga video helped me to loosen up.
Yoga for People Who Hate Stretching
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dE7IsKQE1sM

probably wanna start with some simple stuff then progress from there.

oaxacaspice
05-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately, for me, nobody in El Paso Texas offers the Bikram Yoga. So I'll have to settle for plain old PT and the PTSD counseling the VA clinic offers me at Beaumont Army Medical Center to get my stress under control. Thanks for introducing me to that yoga, Bubbleman, I still sincerely appreciate the heads up. I'll keep an eye for the instant in which it may become available here in my region.

Paz y mas...

Bubbleman
05-15-2008, 01:41 AM
This is a beginners class my friend, so anyone can go and jump into it.
My five year old daughter did it with me , she is now seven and still does it with me on occassion. OLd lady's do this class. its A BEGINNERS CLASS.
there is no need to build up to doing this class. just a matter of breaking thru your own ego , and no allowing yourself to talk yourself out of it.
I just finished a class a few hours ago and it was a good torture session. 90 minutes of pure hell, but hey i evicted parts of me that i didnt need, and yes that can be very uncomfortable, but at the same time, it can be very empowering.

my two cents

Bubble man

ps, hey oaxaaspice, i dont go to class, i do it at home, you can download bikrams cd off www.isohunt.com and buy his book which shows all the postures, you can also find the postures online at many of the bikrams yoga sites.
just a matter of being a little more focused, and you can do this at home just like I do.

oaxacaspice
05-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks for the info, Bubbleman, I'll get on it quick.

Paz y mas...

Syloafmaf
11-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I have seen many patients who could not get any benefit form a general treatment for psychological problems but Yoga helped them in a way that now they are lading a complete perfect life.