PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe OG smoke report

Sauron the Blue
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Starting out with this tahoe OG the first thing I noticed was the texture of the nugs, they are cured well and have a light sticky dank feel to them. They are uber dense and the calyx are very difficult to break open with your fingers, a grinder is almost a necessity with this sample. There is a very unique feel to these calyx, they are heavy and trichome laden, the last bud I had that was similar in texture was the louie the XIII from SVC.

The smell and flavor of this were very similar, I enjoyed the difference between this and SFV OG smell which is much more of a musky "kush" smell. This has about 25% of that SFV smell with the rest being made up of a strong chem/fuel smell. It has a strong odor but there are stronger smelling chem/kush varieties out there, they often have a slightly astringent smell to them like cleaning products. Flavor of this was similar to the smell but it could have been flushed a bit better to get rid of the earthy bland flavor lurking in there. Smaller bowls of it give you a more musky kush flavor, while a large bowl leaves a heavy aftertaste of fuel.

Stone of it was fairly strong, I found that it took 3 quick bowls to get me overwhelmed by this stuff with a strong head change. Smoking it slowly over a longer period of time, or out of smaller smoking apparatus would let the herb take effect and make the high much more relaxing and most likely put you to sleep. It has a strong effect on the eyes leaving your eyelids feeling heavy and droopy, this stuff sure makes you look stoned with tight squinty red eyes. Tolerance buildup was slightly below average, so this would be a good one to put into rotation if you were looking for a fairly potent OG.

Overall a great sample and it has earned a spot on my list of top OG hybrids to grow/smoke. Its a tough choice between the SFV and this one, they both have their tradeoffs and shining points but for flavor id go with the SFV and for overall smoking pleasure id pick the tahoe.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/IMG_0859.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/IMG_0858.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/IMG_0857.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/IMG_0855.jpg

Sauron the Blue
01-10-2009, 10:39 PM
............:::::::::::::::::__[Cannabis Smoke Report]__:::::::::::::::::............

Variety................__[Tahoe OG Kush]__
Breeder............... __[N/A]__
Lineage................__[OG Kush hybrid]__
Vendor.................__[NNCC, Reseda, Ca]__
Price..................__[50 1/8th; 400oz]__
Reviewer...............__[Sauron the Blue]__

............:::::::::::::::::__[Physical Appearance]__:::::::::::::::::............

1. Visual Appeal.......__[8]__
Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.
Comment: Nice fat looking nugs that have a chubby appearance coupled with good trichome coverage, all of the calyx are swollen providing a ripe appearance to the nugs.

2. Trichomes...........__[8.5]__
Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.
Comment: Excellent trichome coverage, lots of sparkly resin heads on this one. The resin production on this OG sample is medium high to high. I could rate it slightly higher if the sample was trimmed up slightly better, but with the extra leaf on there you will most likely do some manacuring before sampling this one.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report.

Clear..................__[25%]__
Cloudy.................__[70%]__
Amber..................__[05%]__
Dark...................__[ ]__

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Green..................__[6]__ Darker green shade
Grey...................__[4]__ Grey milky tint due to the resin output from the trichomes
Rust...................__[2]__ smaller amounts of pistils than usual

5. Bud density.........__[9.5]__
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.
Comment: Ridiculously dense and sticky would be the only way to describe this one. The outside of the nugs arent too sticky but upon breaking one open you find yourself overwhelmed by the smells and sticky fingers. Not a good strain for rolling up in joints due to the uneven size of the calyx.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Petroleum/Fuel..[3]
Earthy..........[2]
Musk............[4]
Spice...........[1]

7. Aroma...............__[8]__
Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.
Comment: Great smell to this sample, not as strong and potent in your face musky OG as some others such as the abusive and SFV. It has a slightly toned down musky component with a touch of fuel that easily overpowers the musky funky OG smell. This sample reminds me a good bit of the louie the 13th available in southern cali, very similiar in apperance as well. Oddly when breaking this one up in a grinder it seems to lose some of its smell, most every strain I have encountered increases its odor several fold upon leaving the grinder, but not this one.

8. Seed content........__[0]__
Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

............:::::::::::::::::__[Smoke Test]__:::::::::::::::::............

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:
Water pipe...........__[PHX Bong]__
Pipe.................__[Bubbler]__

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a
nine indicates a very pronounced presence.

Earthy..[3]
Musk....[4]
Spice...[2]

3. Taste.............__[7]__
Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.
Comment: Smaller bowls of it have a muskier og like flavor, when you start to pack larger size bowls of it you notice the fuel flavor quite a bit more.

4. Dryness............__[5]__
Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.
comment: perfect dryness, but still would need to be bone dry to even be considered for a joint

5. Smoke ability......__[5]__
Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.
Comment: Could of been flushed better, burns with mostly black ash, not good for small pipes/rolling

6. Smoke expansion....__[7]__
Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.
Comment: Has a solid expansion, medium to large bowls get me coughing, smaller size ones work much better in my opinion.

1. Dosage.............__[2-3 hits / .3g max ]__]__
Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.
Comment: Borderline 2-3 hitter, has a strong initial hit that keeps you occupied while the rest of the effect kicks in, good solid indica high.

2. Effect onset........__[2]__
Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.
comment: Comes on under a minute after the exhale, and full effects are felt within 10 minutes after the last smoke of the session.

3. Sativa influence....__[2]__
Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.
comment: some light energetic and thought provoking effects to this, makes you focus on one task while ignoring all others.

4. Indica influence....__[9]__
Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.
comment: very strong indica effect, two bowls and it makes your eyes feel like you need to go to bed. That extremely heavy, havent slept all night, type of feeling comes over your eyes pretty quickly. Its hard to wipe the green off your face after smoking this one, you look like you just woke up.

5. Potency.............__[8.5]__
Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration............__[1.5 hours]__
Indicate the duration of time that the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up..__[3]__
Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability:
Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Evening - relax........__[5]__
Night - sleep..........__[10]__

9. Satisfaction........__[9]__
Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. Ability/conditions.__[9]__
Ability to judge the sample and the conditions in which it is judged 0-10 newb-head
comment: purchased at a dispensary so no 100% gurantee as to the accuracy of the genetics.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes....................__[X]__
No.....................__[ ]__

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe.

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[4]__ Anxiety relief
__[ ]__ __[6]__ Sleep
__[ ]__ __[3]__ Pain relief
__[4]__ __[ ]__ Thought process
__[4]__ __[ ]__ Imagination/creativity
__[ ]__ __[2]__ Audio perception

FINAL COMMENTS:
Starting out with this tahoe OG the first thing I noticed was the texture of the nugs, they are cured well and have a light sticky dank feel to them. They are uber dense and the calyx are very difficult to break open with your fingers, a grinder is almost a necessity with this sample. There is a very unique feel to these calyx, they are heavy and trichome laden, the last bud I had that was similar in texture was the louie the XIII from SVC.

The smell and flavor of this were very similar, I enjoyed the difference between this and SFV OG smell which is much more of a musky "kush" smell. This has about 25% of that SFV smell with the rest being made up of a strong chem/fuel smell. It has a strong odor but there are stronger smelling chem/kush varieties out there, they often have a slightly astringent smell to them like cleaning products. Flavor of this was similar to the smell but it could have been flushed a bit better to get rid of the earthy bland flavor lurking in there. Smaller bowls of it give you a more musky kush flavor, while a large bowl leaves a heavy aftertaste of fuel.

Stone of it was fairly strong, I found that it took 3 quick bowls to get me overwhelmed by this stuff with a strong head change. Smoking it slowly over a longer period of time, or out of smaller smoking apparatus would let the herb take effect and make the high much more relaxing and most likely put you to sleep. It has a strong effect on the eyes leaving your eyelids feeling heavy and droopy, this stuff sure makes you look stoned with tight squinty red eyes. Tolerance buildup was slightly below average, so this would be a good one to put into rotation if you were looking for a fairly potent OG.

Overall a great sample and it has earned a spot on my list of top OG hybrids to grow/smoke. Its a tough choice between the SFV and this one, they both have their tradeoffs and shining points but for flavor id go with the SFV and for overall smoking pleasure id pick the tahoe.

Bubbleman
01-11-2009, 02:20 AM
damn dude, great post man> that should be used as a template for something others can use to fill out.
Better than how they report judging at the cannabis cup.
Good on ya sauron, you've already got my attention as someone who makes quality posts.
thanks for sharing.

Bubble man

Hennessy1414
01-11-2009, 04:53 AM
damn dude, great post man> that should be used as a template for something others can use to fill out.
Better than how they report judging at the cannabis cup.
Good on ya sauron, you've already got my attention as someone who makes quality posts.
thanks for sharing.

Bubble man
hmmm thought the cup would have something just like that....makes me wonder if its just a one sided thing

:p

good review on that kush man....should have vaporized it first....that nugg looked like a GEM

fullmeltbubble
01-11-2009, 05:21 AM
i think thats the template treating yourself uses for their patient strain reviews/smoke reports....

Sauron the Blue
01-11-2009, 09:13 AM
thanks for the comments fellas, appreciate it much!

Actually fullmelt, a handfull of dedicated growers n blowers including myself created this form on cannabisworld almost 5 years ago. Marco uses a modified copy of the original making it more compact and ez to read in the magazine, and his condensed version fits on one sheet of paper. The form is free for anyone to use or modify, its purpose is to make judging cannabis easier for ones self.

In the new treating yourself thats coming out this month, i have lots n lots of smoke reports in there on pages 118-140. If you got some time to kill pickup a copy its packed full of info from folks who got pot on the brain! :brainiac:

YukonBikerGuy
01-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I like the detailed form too, very nice and detailed. Almost like I can taste those nugs from the descriptors. The pictures are nice too, very dense lookin nugs.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/TY_RooR.jpg

This is the TY edition RooR I picked up in Amsterdam when I went for the High Times Cannabis Cup, with some nice 90u fmcd RYK bubble in the bowl, yummy. (check out cannabischat.net in the background:bunny: )

Frankly, I was very suprised at the lack of detailed judging forms at the Cup myself, the voting pages looked like a couple of stoners put it together over 2-3 joints. I'm not saying it must be as detailed as this one (stoners who have been smoking for a week solid must fill it out after all) but I think somewhere between the 2 would be better.

Thanks for the great post man.