PDA

View Full Version : 30 degree angle Mylar and an Opium Enzyme?

ashesandglass
01-25-2009, 10:53 PM
i was talking to a buddy from Portland yesterday who dropped all kinds of knowledge in my dome.....i will try to share. apparently, he has some crazy enzyme of an opium plant (the heart?) that you pour on a week before flushing and it makes all your buds shrink down and condense for a few days then swell out 3x or some crazy shit. i know it sound wild, but this dude was pretty legit.....or i was really fucking stoned. Well, he also tipped me off to something else new--->he says next run i should clear out my room and after i bleach it out and clean it all up, i should re-Mylar all my walls and start from the tom and come down at a 30 degree angle until you hit the floor (the mylar will be at a 30 degree angle from the wall at the floor). This, mixed with another tip i got a few years back from a 299 plot buddy in humboldt which includes reflector cones spread around and between the plants, will provide premium lumen coverage all over the plants. Ok, so i will try to take pictures when i do this in 3 weeks or so, but i wanted to ask if anyone has done either of these crazy things, and had results?? I think it sounds pretty dope, and i will probably give it a go unless you guys can convince me otherwise.......

Razz
01-25-2009, 11:41 PM
mylar is only 85% reflective, where as flat white paint is 97% reflective, a difference of 12%. holy cow, i cant believe all the stuff people come up with. the other stuff sounds tooooooo far fetched to me. anybody else got anything?

johnnyballbag
01-25-2009, 11:54 PM
I can't speak about enzymes, but my buddy gave me a product that his shop got in from australia, can't remember what it was called....but it was based off of hormones, some sort of phyto-estrogen type shit. It freaked my plants out, that's the best way i can put it. And we used it quarter strength 'cuz he only had a sample. I wouldn't mess with it, anything that makes claims like that is 9 times out of 10 complete bullshit or it'd be more widely used. Growers are pretty resourceful people. I don't know, just my two cents.

Evergreen
01-26-2009, 02:31 AM
enzyme of an opium plant, mylar at a 30 degree angle from the wall at the floor, what the fuck? some people make this shit too complicated

Hennessy1414
01-26-2009, 03:00 AM
enzyme of an opium plant, mylar at a 30 degree angle from the wall at the floor, what the fuck? some people make this shit too complicated
hahhahah...thats what i was thinking :)

johnnyballbag
01-26-2009, 04:30 AM
hahhahah...thats what i was thinking :)

Please set us straight, you master grower you!

Razz
01-26-2009, 04:38 AM
i'll set you straight. all that stuff he wrote is bullshit!

johnnyballbag
01-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Haha. That's not true though. Mylar IS worth the money. But only if you use it with miracle grow. And 1 cup/gallon of your own piss. But that's just what 'Lil Billy down the street said....

Razz
01-26-2009, 05:03 AM
mylar IS NOT worth the money.

johnnyballbag
01-26-2009, 05:39 AM
Haha...i was fucking around. Never used mylar. It's either paint, or white poly for me, but to each their own. And for the record, i was makin fun of myself for using that dumb ass "tonic" my friend gave me years ago. :pipe:

ashesandglass
01-26-2009, 05:43 AM
I have had pretty good results with mylar over paint as far as better growth towards the bottom.....maybe there is a certain paint? i have always wondered about methods of spreading the light under and around the plant, and this is why i thought this was an interesting idea. The enzyme idea i am still trying to wrap my head around.

Razz
01-26-2009, 06:10 AM
flat white paint is the best as far as reflectiveness. 97 %

Evergreen
01-26-2009, 04:51 PM
30 degree mylar huh? why not mount the lights under a glass floor instead of above, you will get amazing light penetration on the lower canopy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razz
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
hahahaha, evac, that was hilarious!

o.g.kushman
01-26-2009, 07:58 PM
he was just asking a question. no need to be dicks.

Hennessy1414
01-27-2009, 08:06 PM
30 degree mylar huh? why not mount the lights under a glass floor instead of above, you will get amazing light penetration on the lower canopy!!!!!!!!!!!!
i like this idea..very much :)

johnnyballbag
01-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Wow. Love it huh?