PDA

View Full Version : Johnnyballbag's custom 4000w control box

LostCoaster
01-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Some pics of the custom 4-light controller box with integrated timer and some seriously meticulous workmanship. This piece weighs about 25 pounds and makes the store-bought controller boxes look like toys. . .

Individual breakers to provide the ultimate in safety, because this box will serve for a medical grow that I am consulting for. I will be checking on it once every 7-10 days and so I wanted the box to be safe, first and foremost.

Johnny told me this thing should last a lifetime and I believe him! No moving parts in the entire box beside the hinges.

This is the way to go if you want to sleep soundly knowing that your high voltage electrical gear is connected to a solid unit that will not break or overheat.

oldmanmozz
01-26-2009, 05:22 AM
nice work m8 very pro. cant do nough for peace of mind/safety, jus me tho, I woulda bushed the holes with wires goin through to sockets, dont like sharp edges an wirin passin, seems like nough clearance but tis medical an least worries is go.

mozz

p.s. i dont see any earth wires so i guess hole box is grounded

johnnyballbag
01-26-2009, 05:35 AM
Hope ya like it LC, had fun with it. Let me know if you ever wanna get REALLY crazy...i'm talkin motion-activated proximity sensors that'll set off a high pitched buzzer inaudible to humans that'll make your pitbull guard dog take out any would-be intruders like a fat girl in dodge ball! Mhm...haha.

Razz
01-26-2009, 06:12 AM
fuckin nice, way to go!

johnnyballbag
01-26-2009, 06:22 AM
fuckin nice, way to go!

Thanks mane. If you ever need an automated machine to trim those cute 'lil colas of yours....fuck a TrimPro, I'M your man! :D
Haha, just kiddin holme. You know i have cola envy...haha.

Hennessy1414
01-26-2009, 07:47 AM
so some shut off when the other turn on...more info on the setup please :)

johnnyballbag
01-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Yeah oldmanmozz, the circuitry was so simple i didn't really color code the wiring. The sockets you see are 3 prong, and @240V that means the 3 wires running to them are 2 hots and a common. The common is tied into the ground bus at the main breaker panel where his house gets power. It's all grounded and safe. As far as the holes go, i ran out of grommets and decided to use the one i had left for the hole where the power runs into the controller, seeing as that's a potential load bearing point. Being a wall mount unit with no external controls, your hands won't be anywhere near that point. Had a time crunch on it and a firm budget, but i think it turned out nicely.

oldmanmozz
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Yeah oldmanmozz, the circuitry was so simple i didn't really color code the wiring. The sockets you see are 3 prong, and @240V that means the 3 wires running to them are 2 hots and a common. The common is tied into the ground bus at the main breaker panel where his house gets power. It's all grounded and safe. As far as the holes go, i ran out of grommets and decided to use the one i had left for the hole where the power runs into the controller, seeing as that's a potential load bearing point. Being a wall mount unit with no external controls, your hands won't be anywhere near that point. Had a time crunch on it and a firm budget, but i think it turned out nicely.

cheers m8, time an budget, where have i heard that before?
but yes tis very neat setup, well done.

Mozz

Evergreen
01-26-2009, 04:52 PM
good shit man, looks nice

johnnyballbag
01-27-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks for checkin it out and for the input ya'll. I love building shit. I just got tired of what companies sell their shit for, and what they stuff in it. You could drive nails with that thing, without disrupting the timing cycle. ;) This was about as simple as it gets though, nothing but a beefed the fuck out timer box (with control over each light individually.)

YukonBikerGuy
01-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Hats off to you Johnnyballbag. Thats a damn nice box anyone would be proud to run. Frankly I'm suprised you dont just offer these for sale.....

johnnyballbag
01-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Hats off to you Johnnyballbag. Thats a damn nice box anyone would be proud to run. Frankly I'm suprised you dont just offer these for sale.....

Wow man, thanks! I'll make anything anybody'd want...that's if it's ok with bman that i say that here. If not feel free to remove this post. But as far as offering anything for sale, i'd rather make them on a custom basis instead of making a bunch of the same thing. I could go into detail about all the things i can build and all the features i can implement into them...but that'd be a whole different thread, if it'd be ok with bman and if anyone would care to see it. But thanks a lot for the input man, it's nice to hear true words from real growers. :pipe:

Hennessy1414
01-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Wow man, thanks! I'll make anything anybody'd want...that's if it's ok with bman that i say that here. If not feel free to remove this post. But as far as offering anything for sale, i'd rather make them on a custom basis instead of making a bunch of the same thing. I could go into detail about all the things i can build and all the features i can implement into them...but that'd be a whole different thread, if it'd be ok with bman and if anyone would care to see it. But thanks a lot for the input man, it's nice to hear true words from real growers. :pipe:
dude please please please!!!!! sell us safe gear to gro with..

we hate buying at the top$$ so you would be a cool FMB member if u did that :)

johnnyballbag
07-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey LostCoaster.... if you get a chance, can you snap some pics of that box for me? Some good clean shots from every angle would be oh so appreciated. Hope she's helpin you blow it out. ;)

DNRDustin
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
nice clean simple design! looks almost identical to one me and a buddy built over at his place. spent about 100 bux and have the assurance that every used is quality. not no rinky dinky shit up in here!

johnnyballbag
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Hell yeah man, only top quality shitting runnin my show. But i gotta ask you, how did you only spend $100?! Shit man, 2 of my relays cost that.... let me know your secret. ;)

DNRDustin
07-15-2009, 04:15 AM
there's an electronic store not far from my house. kinda some nerds who maintain and build servers or something. so they've got surplus of things you need to pull a lot of juice.

johnnyballbag
07-16-2009, 05:48 PM
What brand of relays did you use?

LostCoaster
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I never posted pics of the box you made for me? Will try, but the guy who is using it is not really on my good side right now.

johnnyballbag
07-16-2009, 09:14 PM
You did, but i was wanting more, but sent to me through an email. Trying to put together a little portfolio of sorts showing my work.