PDA

View Full Version : '91 Malibu Fire Smoke Report

Sauron the Blue
01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/malibu-91-fire1.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/malibu-91-fire3.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/malibu-91-fire2-low.jpg

Picked this up at Green Angel in Malibu, a very well stocked dispensary with friendly staff, located in one of the most beautiful places you can visit. This sampled looked nice but the pics they posted online looked even nicer. The bud tender recommended this one so I picked up a sample of it along with a few other varieties. Sadly this sample had been infected with powdery mildew, but all of the others appeared to be relatively free of contaminates, aside from that on with the review:

This was a great smelling 91 hybrid, with a strong pungent odor with a slight hint of something floral, I was expecting a much heavier stone to it, but after repeated use I just never found what I was looking for. The effects of this one are average at best for a 91 hybrid, not too much of the face warming high that is associated with a strong 91. So far, imho, the chem 91 is just a few steps below the chem4 in terms of in your face potency, both are nice but once you have the stronger variety it is difficult to find a reason to go back.

The calyx on this one are quite a bit smaller than other 91's I have sampled, and about a quarter of the trichomes on those calyx are missing glands - either from mechanical removal or lack of prdocution all together. The heads that remain are a mix of white and clear in color with a handful of amber ones scattered about.

The flavor of this one was low to average, there was not as much of a strong chem flavor as I was expecting, this could be due in part to the lower calyx to leaf ratio or the fact that it might not have been properly cured.I believe it was improperly cured due to some of the powdery mildew and mold that was on the leaves, however that has little effect on flavor. A big part of a strains flavor is the ability to retain the essential oils in the resin head, since these had a reduced number of trichome heads it will also have a reduced flavor.

When its all said and done this is an avergae chem to start out with, but if your looking for that all out potency and effect you will need to continue on your search

Sauron the Blue
01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
.........:::::::::::::::__[Cannabis Smoke Report]__:::::::::::::::.........

Variety................__['91 Malibu Fire]__
Breeder............... __[N/A]__
Lineage................__[91 chem hybrid]__
Vendor.................__[Green Angel Malibu]__
Price..................__[60 1/8th oz]__
Reviewer...............__[Sauron the Blue]__

.........:::::::::::::::__[Physical Appearance]__:::::::::::::::.........

1. Visual Appeal.......__[8]__
Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.
Comment: Nice looking OG'esque buds, nice solid texture but the buds themselves are a little soft, almost a bit moist, decent bag appeal for a chem/og hybrid.

2. Trichomes...........__[7.5]__
Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.
Comment: Average frost on this one, most of the trichome heads are attached but about 25% are missing. This could be due to them being non-glandular heads, but nonetheless 25% less resin is 25% less effectiveness.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report.

Clear..................__[35%]__
Cloudy.................__[60%]__
Amber..................__[05%]__
Dark...................__[ ]__

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.
White..................__[1]__ Powdery Mildew on some of the leaves
Green..................__[4]__ Medium shade green color to the plant material
Rust...................__[3]__ moderate amount of retracted rusty orange colored pistils

5. Bud density.........__[7]__
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.
Comment: Good density, not too firm and not too dense, borderline too dense for rolling. The calyx on this one arent too large so its a bit easier to break down when properly dried.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Musk......[5]
Spice.....[2]
Pepper....[2]
Coffee....[1]
Floral....[1]

7. Aroma...............__[7]__
Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.
Comment: Good smell, slightly different than most other og/chem crosses, has a very slight floral aroma to it

8. Seed content........__[0]__
Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

.........:::::::::::::::__[Smoke Test]__:::::::::::::::.........

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:
Water pipe...........__[PHX Bong]__

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a
nine indicates a very pronounced presence.

Earthy......[3]
Grass/Hay...[2]
Musk........[3]

3. Taste.............__[5]__
Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.
Comment: Not the best tasting 91 ive tried... has a slightly harsh flavor to it, could be due to the lower calyx to leaf ratio or an improper cure

4. Dryness............__[4]__
Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.
comment: A little longer on the drying time would of made this one a bit nicer to smoke, It burned dark black with a bit of gray in the ash.

5. Smoke ability......__[5]__
Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.
Comment: Average smoke-ability, if it burned smoother it would be much nicer product, the uneven burning makes it a bit harsher and staler on the flavor when snapping large loads.

6. Smoke expansion....__[3]__
Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.
Comment: Stable and smooth, while the flavor might not be the greatest the bud does go down fairly easy and not make your lungs explode from expansion

1. Dosage.............__[4 hits / .4g max ]__]__
Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.
Comment: Three hits back to back in quick succession makes this one do the trick, its slightly difficult to get a strong head change smoking this casually throughout the day however.

2. Effect onset........__[6]__
Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.
comment: Slightly warm face feeling on the first hit, but that quickly fades away after a few minutes and doesnt return.

3. Sativa influence....__[3]__
Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.
comment: Slightly up and thought provoking high to it, much more indica effects to it however.

4. Indica influence....__[6]__
Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.
comment: slightly heavy eyelids, low to moderate pain relief for an indica let alone a chem hybrid

5. Potency.............__[6.5]__
Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.
comment: Smoking this back to back it would get a 7, but smoking it over an extended period of time i just cant recommend it for potenct, it would get a 6 in that category.

6. Duration............__[45]__
Indicate the duration of time that the effects lasted.
comment: shorter duration high than expected from an indica, even with heavy use it is difficult to get knocked down by this one

7. Tolerance build up..__[3]__
Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.
comment: little to no tolerance buildup, one plus for this strain is that it is fairly consistent potency-wise over time.

8. Usability:
Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up......__[5]__
Day - work.............__[6]__

9. Satisfaction........__[7]__
Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. Ability/conditions.__[9]__
Ability to judge the sample and the conditions in which it is judged 0-10 newb-head
comment: purchased from a dispensary, no gurantee on genetic accuracy.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes....................__[ ]__
No.....................__[X]__

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe.

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[2]__ Appetite
__[ ]__ __[3]__ Anxiety relief
__[ ]__ __[3]__ Audio perception

FINAL COMMENTS:
Picked this up at Green Angel in Malibu, a very well stocked dispensary with friendly staff, located in one of the most beautiful places you can visit. This sampled looked nice but the pics they posted online looked even nicer. The bud tender recommended this one so I picked up a sample of it along with a few other varieties. Sadly this sample had been infected with powdery mildew, but all of the others appeared to be relatively free of contaminates, aside from that on with the review:

This was a great smelling 91 hybrid, with a strong pungent odor with a slight hint of something floral, I was expecting a much heavier stone to it, but after repeated use I just never found what I was looking for. The effects of this one are average at best for a 91 hybrid, not too much of the face warming high that is associated with a strong 91. So far, imho, the chem 91 is just a few steps below the chem4 in terms of in your face potency, both are nice but once you have the stronger variety it is difficult to find a reason to go back.

The calyx on this one are quite a bit smaller than other 91's I have sampled, and about a quarter of the trichomes on those calyx are missing glands - either from mechanical removal or lack of prdocution all together. The heads that remain are a mix of white and clear in color with a handful of amber ones scattered about.

The flavor of this one was low to average, there was not as much of a strong chem flavor as I was expecting, this could be due in part to the lower calyx to leaf ratio or the fact that it might not have been properly cured.I believe it was improperly cured due to some of the powdery mildew and mold that was on the leaves, however that has little effect on flavor. A big part of a strains flavor is the ability to retain the essential oils in the resin head, since these had a reduced number of trichome heads it will also have a reduced flavor.

When its all said and done this is an avergae chem to start out with, but if your looking for that all out potency and effect you will need to continue on your search

Sauron the Blue
01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/gamocean.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/gamocean2.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/gammalcanyon2low.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/gampch2gam.jpg

pretty place for a dispensary eh?