PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Widow F2 smoke report

Sauron the Blue
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/finalbbw01.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/finalbbw02.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3/9/7/finalbbw03.jpg

A great all around strain for after work smoking, A very very clean taste and amazing smell. This is one of those buds that grabs your attention, partly due to its color, but more so the all around smell and unique appearance of it is what draws people into it. The buds have an airy texture to them when grown under anything but 600w's, and you really need a 1k to get them as dense as they should be. For flavor and smell this one is up there with the cheese for me, its just irrisistable when grown properly, even when grown in less than favorable conditions it still comes out fairly fantastic. Most likely due to the fact that its first calyx in flowering come out purple and never look back regardless of what temperatures your room is at.

The only thing that I find lacking is the potency, it could be a bit stronger and with a little bit of work could be an amazing strain. Its got 3/4 of what it needs to be an elite keeper in most anyones garden, but a large part of choosing a strain in my opinion is its potency and no ceiling, I dont want to smoke 3 bowls or 30 and not feel any different. This strain is great for afterwork smoking and women love the floral berry smell and "dainty" taste that it has. It makes me wonder how potent the blackberry is that Nebu was working with, it sure grows and smokes far different than any of the other purple varieties out there, which all have some similiarities between one another. So if your looking for a unique purple to work with, this might be your ticket.

Sauron the Blue
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
..............:::::::::::::__[Cannabis Smoke Report]__:::::::::::::..............

Variety................__[Blackberry Widow]__
Breeder............... __[Jojorizo]__
Lineage................__[98 Aloha White Widow x Nebu's blackberry ]__
Vendor.................__[C-Bay]__
Grower.................__[Atown Yota]__
Reviewer...............__[Sauron the Blue]__

..............:::::::::::::__[Physical Appearance]__:::::::::::::..............

1. Visual Appeal.......__[8.5]__
Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.
Comment: 100% royal purple nugs, there is no green here. These plants start out the first week of bloom with purple calyx, leaves and some pistils, never looking back to their veg colors. You cant go wrong with the intense colors that come out of the blackberry hybrids, autum and maroon reds and deep royal purples. beautiful.

2. Trichomes...........__[8.5]__
Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.
Comment: Lots and lots of white trichomes, it gives the dark purple buds an antique and light appearance when coupled with the light texture of the nugs.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report.

Clear..................__[25%]__
Cloudy.................__[70%]__
Purple.................__[05%]__

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

White..................__[3]__ frosty white trich heads, lots of snow on this one, insides and outsides of the leaf and calyx are covered in milky white trichomes comprised of medium sized glands and small stalks.
Red....................__[1]__ the occasional calyx is ruby red grapefruit color, a light crisp color.
Orange.................__[2]__ orange colored pistils provide a good contrast against the purple plant material.
Purple.................__[9]__ looks like the nug was dipped in purple paint, very dark and no green.

5. Bud density.........__[4]__
Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.
Comment: A lot more airy than it appears, you really need this one under the big wattages to get it tight, she has runny calyx when she is put in the shade or under a dim indoor light.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.

Berry.........[2]
Floral........[2]
Skunk.........[3]
Spice.........[4]

7. Aroma...............__[7]__
Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.
Comment: Good unique smell, not much like many of the other purple varieties floating around

8. Seed content........__[ ]__
Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

..............:::::::::::::__[Smoke Test]__:::::::::::::..............

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:
Water pipe...........__[PHX Bong]__

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a
nine indicates a very pronounced presence.

Earthy...........[3]
Berry............[2]
Hash.............[2]

3. Taste.............__[8]__
Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.
Comment: Smooth clean taste, good amount of light berry flavor, similar to the aftertaste of a berry smoothe.

4. Dryness............__[7]__
Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.
comment: A bit more dry that normal, would of had a stronger smell if it was a bit more fresh.

5. Smoke ability......__[9]__
Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.
Comment: Burns great, tastes great. This would be ideal joint weed, it burns so smooth and so easy and has very few stems that are very small in diameter.

6. Smoke expansion....__[4]__
Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.
Comment: Very smooth with little to no expansion, can hold it in all day.

1. Dosage.............__[4 hits / .3g max ]__]__
Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.
Comment: Not a heavy hitter and needs to be smoked at a moderate to fast pace to get the full effect. Has a classis stoney eye feeling where your eyes feel like they are sunk in your head and your peering out through slits

2. Effect onset........__[4]__
Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.
comment: Comes on quicker than later, has a bit of creep to it in the end but it is more of a indica feel to it, making this better for the evening.

3. Sativa influence....__[6]__
Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.
comment: Good bit of sativa influence, energetic and up feeling. Makes music sound better and perks up your appetite a bit.

4. Indica influence....__[7]__
Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.
comment: Heavier indica effect to this one when smoked in quantity, you wont notice it off a bowl or two, but 3-4 bowls will have your head very cloudy, this is why i recommend it for joints.

5. Potency.............__[7.5]__
Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.
comment: the only negative to this strain is it is not a 1 hitter quitter. if it were, then you would be seeing this on menu's up and down cali coast, I expect to see the blackberry in more hybrids in the future, there are already a few blackberry kush hybrids getting attention in the LA area.

6. Duration............__[45min-1hour]__
Indicate the duration of time that the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up..__[8]__
Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.
comment: not an easy one to build up a tolerance to, but it wasnt of extreme potency to begin.

8. Usability
Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day.
Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Day - work.............__[3]__
Evening - relax........__[8]__

9. Satisfaction........__[7.5]__
Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10. Ability/conditions.__[10]__
Ability to judge the sample and the conditions in which it is judged 0-10 newb-head
comment: I aquired these seeds myself from jojo, ran them and selected the pheno myself, no doubt to the genetics.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use?

Yes....................__[X]__
No.....................__[ ]__

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe.

Negative Positive
Effect Effect

__[ ]__ __[3]__ Appetite
__[ ]__ __[2]__ Sleep
__[ ]__ __[4]__ Pain relief
__[2]__ __[ ]__ Thought process
__[ ]__ __[3]__ Audio perception

FINAL COMMENTS:

A great all around strain for after work smoking, A very very clean taste and amazing smell. This is one of those buds that grabs your attention, partly due to its color, but more so the all around smell and unique appearance of it is what draws people into it. The buds have an airy texture to them when grown under anything but 600w's, and you really need a 1k to get them as dense as they should be. For flavor and smell this one is up there with the cheese for me, its just irrisistable when grown properly, even when grown in less than favorable conditions it still comes out fairly fantastic. Most likely due to the fact that its first calyx in flowering come out purple and never look back regardless of what temperatures your room is at.

The only thing that I find lacking is the potency, it could be a bit stronger and with a little bit of work could be an amazing strain. Its got 3/4 of what it needs to be an elite keeper in most anyones garden, but a large part of choosing a strain in my opinion is its potency and no ceiling, I dont want to smoke 3 bowls or 30 and not feel any different. This strain is great for afterwork smoking and women love the floral berry smell and "dainty" taste that it has. It makes me wonder how potent the blackberry is that Nebu was working with, it sure grows and smokes far different than any of the other purple varieties out there, which all have some similiarities between one another. So if your looking for a unique purple to work with, this might be your ticket.

YukonBikerGuy
01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Sauron,
Thanks so much for your detailed smoke reports, very complete.

Evergreen
01-31-2009, 05:06 PM
dude you are like dustin hoffman in rainman, rambling off numbers and shit! great smoke report, maybe I missed it but what substrate was this grown in, what nutes used. . . .

COOPAROO
02-01-2009, 05:26 AM
great report. hope to get my hands on some