PDA

View Full Version : production limits

gonzo
02-15-2009, 12:58 AM
Anyone with experience with the methods listed below please reply! My goal is to produce the most amount of hash in a 12 hour period. So I've been researching and I've deduced that dry methods produce better tasting and smelling hash due to the fact that terpenoids are water soluble and get "washed" away with water methods. But are dry methods more or less efficient in extraction and by how much?

In terms of production, the pollinator (rotating drum machine) and the washing machine conversion are the two methods that produce hash that require the least amount of effort as they are automated. Is this assumptions correct?

So my question, assuming unlimited input which method (pollinator[dry] or washing machine conversion[wet]) can process the MOST amount of input a 12 hour period? Based on that method, how MUCH input can be processed within that period per machine?

Lastly, what sort of returns can be expected from these methods?

Thanks, your help is appreciated!

YukonBikerGuy
02-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Well, first off, I think that you must take several factors into account.

Only the water soluable terpenes are removed by the water method, not 'all'.

Hash production can vary by strain with either method, some will give more, some will give less.

For either method, how long are you 'mixing'? You could tumble buds in the pollinator for long enuff that a bunch of the pot would get powdered and end up in the hash, the longer it tumbles, the more hash you get, but its also of lesser quality because of all the contaminant in the dry sift that you plan on pressing into hash. Making bubblehash with a machine is similar, the longer you mix a batch, the more conatminant gets in which increases volume but decreases quality.

What size pollinator/Bubblenow are you planning on using? The larger ones can process more in the same amount of time.

The tumbling and the washing are automated, but you still have to collect the dry sift (and press it into hash if you want to), or pull the bags to collect the bubblehash. Dont kid yourself, those machines make it way easier, but unless you have a slave tied up in the back yard, both methods involve doing some work to get the hash.

I'm not sure about returns on a rotating drum system(check the manufacturer's info), returns for bubblehash run 3-10%

For how much can be processed by either method in a given batch, again check the manufacturer's info, they tell you how much you can put in the machine. Figure out how long it takes YOU (others may have different methods that take more or less time than you) to run a batch with that method, then do the math for your 12 hour window.

Personally, I would like to have both machines, and run the dry method (short mix)and then the wet method (short mix) on the same material, then use the material for cooking with to really maximize extraction from a given batch.

Razz
02-15-2009, 05:13 PM
c'mon gonzo, let's be real now........

gonzo
02-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, first off, I think that you must take several factors into account.

Only the water soluable terpenes are removed by the water method, not 'all'.

Hash production can vary by strain with either method, some will give more, some will give less.

For either method, how long are you 'mixing'? You could tumble buds in the pollinator for long enuff that a bunch of the pot would get powdered and end up in the hash, the longer it tumbles, the more hash you get, but its also of lesser quality because of all the contaminant in the dry sift that you plan on pressing into hash. Making bubblehash with a machine is similar, the longer you mix a batch, the more conatminant gets in which increases volume but decreases quality.

What size pollinator/Bubblenow are you planning on using? The larger ones can process more in the same amount of time.

The tumbling and the washing are automated, but you still have to collect the dry sift (and press it into hash if you want to), or pull the bags to collect the bubblehash. Dont kid yourself, those machines make it way easier, but unless you have a slave tied up in the back yard, both methods involve doing some work to get the hash.

I'm not sure about returns on a rotating drum system(check the manufacturer's info), returns for bubblehash run 3-10%

For how much can be processed by either method in a given batch, again check the manufacturer's info, they tell you how much you can put in the machine. Figure out how long it takes YOU (others may have different methods that take more or less time than you) to run a batch with that method, then do the math for your 12 hour window.

Personally, I would like to have both machines, and run the dry method (short mix)and then the wet method (short mix) on the same material, then use the material for cooking with to really maximize extraction from a given batch.

The bags for the top loading washing machine say you can put a kilo in each one but how long does a washing cycle take (on average) and how many of those kilo bags can I put in each run? Thats what I'm tring to find out. If someone who has first hand experience tell me:

1) how much input did they process using the washing machine method
2) how long did it take you from start to finish

Same for the dry method if you have experience. I'm just trying to figure out what the best route is for my situation and to do that I need some AVERAGE times to base my forecasts on.

Thanks for your input YukonBikerGuy

Evergreen
02-15-2009, 05:47 PM
whats the hurry? why dont you do it, then tell us. Why is time so important?? are you breaking into a growhouse and giving yourself 12 hrs to finish running all of their trim before they come home? odd questions bro there are so many factors going into this.

Evergreen
02-15-2009, 05:49 PM
is this your first time doing coldwater and keif??

Razz
02-15-2009, 06:12 PM
yeah gonzo, what he said!

gonzo
02-15-2009, 10:11 PM
whats the hurry? why dont you do it, then tell us. Why is time so important?? are you breaking into a growhouse and giving yourself 12 hrs to finish running all of their trim before they come home? odd questions bro there are so many factors going into this.

Why is time so important? I will have unlimited input but a limited amount of time to process it... My goal is quantity, so I need to process as much as possible as quickly as possible and get the most out of it within a given time. I'm just trying to find what method would best suit my circumstances.... Time is important because I have other obligations such as a day job, a family who cannot know... Its basically a hassle so I want to take 4-5 days and do as much as possible non stop and do that a couple times a year... Before I go and make any investments I want to do some research... Fair enough?

is this your first time doing coldwater and keif??

I've done bubble bags before, but that was on very small amounts...