PDA

View Full Version : Half Pint Cake Formula

schrooomy420
12-18-2007, 09:34 PM
It has been over half a decade since I have grown mushrooms and just as long since I have eaten them, however I was talking with samis0sa in chat and told them that I would post up this formula. I decided to post it here in the forums instead of just chat to possibly help out some other folks. This is s formula given by the man, Paul Stamets himself, and if you don't know who that is then you shouldn't even be reading this thread let alone growing fungi. He personally gave his unpublished personal formula for fruiting out Psilocybe cubensis on the pf-tek style cakes and a mushroom conference prolly a decade back. Anyways here it is.

PS. Always make sure your source is completely organic and not treated with pesticides or fungicides for obviously reasons. Also get all ingredients whole and grind into powder yourself, I use a coffee grinder.

5 Cups Vermiculite

1 & 1/2 cups brown rice flour

1/2 cup ground Rye grain

1/3 cup Finch seed

2 & 1/4 cup distilled water

This will make the same thing as the pf-tek style cakes only with better nutrient base which equals into not only more, but stronger mushrooms. I hope this helps a few of you. Peace

legion
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for getting this started. More then anything this just seems very interesting to try. I haven't dropped or ate shooms in years.. I'd have a killer trip! :D

Bubbleman
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
last time i grew shrooms was back in the early nineties. Will never forget it. Ordered the spores from terrence mckenna's company ( his wife kat's actualy) SYZYGYNY.
did the jar method in my closet and was amazed at how often they would fruit. ahhh the good ole days,
thanks for the reminder schroomy>
now adays i just pick em wild every year. Usualy just a few ounces enough to have a few trips myself as well as giving a few away.

Peace
Bubble man