PDA

View Full Version : Made my first batch how do i clean these bags?

burn-n-bubble
12-24-2007, 09:23 PM
I recently produced my first batch using buds and have some questions. When using buds instead of trim what precautions should be taken? How should the bud be busted, How long and how violate can it be agitated for, basically how can i make sure i get everything out of these buds. My bags have dried now for acouple days and feel caked a bit. How can i clean these for optimal performance next use?

Bubbleman
12-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey there burn n bubble, i think i should be able to answer those questions. First off, welcome to the community love the nickname lol

As for how we process bud, i personaly throw buds straight into the bags, and mix very gently. I am using a bubblenow mixer, but if you dont have one, just use a hand mixer of hand stir'd with a wooden spoon for optimal quality> IF you feel you didnt mix it enough once you are done with the first batch, you can go back and mix the hell out of it with a drill or a cake mixer. THis will remove the left overs that you missed in the first round.
As for treatment of the bags, you have to rinse the bags with cold water THE SECOND, the bubble is removed, YOu need to flip each bag inside out the second you are done with it, and rinse it very well with cold water. That way the resin never dries to the screen. HOwever if you have done this, you can stretch the bags over a plastic dish to get it streched good, and using a toothbrush with some 99% alcohol, you can gently rub over the screen till clean.

HOpe this helps

peace
Bubbleman

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/3///105.jpgLarge.JPG

burn-n-bubble
12-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Bubbleman thanks for the reply oh and i love the name too. I believe i have seen you mingling at the lounge downtown before you had a sexy Roor and of course a nice bag a bubble. There are some slight traces of res in the screens still so i can use my 99% iso and scrub and just make sure to rinse out all the iso with cold water? And in the future ill make sure to immediately clean them. Also what is main yield ratios for bud? I used an roughly 40 grams of low end bud and had a yield of 3.3grams does this seem acceptable?

Evergreen
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I have found that if you really want to get your bags clean, take a bucket and fill it with water and ice put the bags in ther and let em get cold as you would if you were making a batch of bubble, then agitate a lot with your hands, rubbing the basg against one another. Them flip the bags inside out and repeat the process. But the best way to keep your bags clean is to rinse em and scrub em a bit after each use.

Green Supreme
02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
High there B-N-B welcome to the site. Just a note, iso will decrease the life of your bag. The alcohol will make the fibres brittle in time. Use cold water where possible. Peace GS

Bubbleman
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Hey there, just to add the iso will actualy degrade the thread that holds the screen to the gortex, but it wont damage the actualy polyethelen screen at all> I would use cold water rinse like evac mentions the majority of the time, but when you've lent out your bags, and had them come back in terrible shape once or twice, you will see the alcohol has its place for cleaning things really well. this is a last resort for sure.

Peace
BUbble man