PDA

View Full Version : yellow petal's on bottom!!!

intiminator3
03-17-2009, 12:31 AM
ya my ph was at 6.0 and i noticed that my ppm level was sky rocketed like 1800 and i was wondering if over feeding them could cause the botton little petal's that first sprout are starting to turn yellow everything else is green and they all have it:pray:

YukonBikerGuy
03-17-2009, 12:51 AM
I assume you mean the small cotyledons (seed leaves) that are the first to pop out of the seed, then become the bottom of the plant? Or do you mean the bottom leaves on all branches? On what size plant? Got any pictures?

Cannabis plants will naturally shed inner and bottom leaves as it grows, they yellow and drop off. The cotyledons are the first to go, as they are not true leaves.

Not sure about hydro systems, but I think 1800ppm is a bit high, full strength GH nutrients run at 1500ppm. You could be feeding them a bit much, but I think its more likely that you are losing water from the system through evaporation, concentrating the remaining nutrient solution. You may need to monitor the readings daily and top up the reservoirs with more water to keep the numbers down. Will probably get the ph a bit better too.

Good luck, and anyone with more hydro experience, please speak up.

Razz
03-17-2009, 01:09 AM
plants that young should never be feed full strength.

johnnyballbag
03-17-2009, 04:03 AM
A pH of 6.0 isn't bad, it's getting towards the upper limits but certainly not out of range. The ppm being that high can be the problem. Without being sure what size your plants are it's hard to say, but i'd venture to say it's too high. I've only had one strain take that kind of food, and only when she was grown as a tree. Unless you have some monster plants, high levels of co2 and a dialed in atmosphere, i really doubt your plants are needing that much food.

oldmanmozz
03-17-2009, 04:10 AM
i aim for about 1200, bit higher towards end an bit less at start, lol if understand that.
cheers mozz

eastghost
03-17-2009, 04:21 AM
A pH of 6.0 isn't bad, it's getting towards the upper limits but certainly not out of range. The ppm being that high can be the problem. Without being sure what size your plants are it's hard to say, but i'd venture to say it's too high. I've only had one strain take that kind of food, and only when she was grown as a tree. Unless you have some monster plants, high levels of co2 and a dialed in atmosphere, i really doubt your plants are needing that much food.
i concur with this guy. Ph is ok, but that ppm is probably too high unless you're significantly far along in the grow cycle and have giant trees that guzzle nutes. Somehow i got the idea that your plants werent that old, in which case full strength nutes definitely = bad.
We really need more info/pics to make an accurate diagnosis possible, its difficult to answer your questions without knowing more about your plants and your setup.

intiminator3
03-18-2009, 03:04 AM
they are only 2 1/2 week's and yes the seed leave's !!! aeroponic i did a complete water change and dropped it down 400 ppm some leave's are becoming yellow !! it look's like they could of been getting burnt from all that food!!! thank's guy's keep you posted!!!