PDA

View Full Version : Bubblehash FAQ

fullmeltbubble
12-28-2007, 06:52 AM
:pipe: ok, so here's the thread to ask all the general questions you think everyone of us should know about Bubblehash :brainiac:

fullmeltbubble
12-28-2007, 07:26 PM
I use an industrial strength paint mixer is this a good idea?
NO, one of the biggest newbie mistakes is overmixing the herb....manually mixing or using a washing machine will give you the meltiest heads

I've done everything right and I still don't get Clear Domes!
NOT every strain will produe full melt hash....and, no there's not really a way to tell if a strain is melty untill you run it

fullmeltbubble
12-28-2007, 09:12 PM
How Much ice should I use
The simple answer is as much as you can fit....if hand mixing you want to make sure there's plenty of ice throughout the entire process(which we know takes roughly 45-1hr)

How long should I mix for
the time of mixing can vary...the average time for hand mixing i'd say is 13 min...again you don't want to overmix, so no longer than 20min is recommended(using the 5 gal kit)

Bubbleman
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder how much ice is really necessary and what is the ice actually doing?

Ice is incredibly important for this process. Not only does the ice freeze the wax membrane that covers and holds our cannabinoid profile in place, but it also is used in the extraction process. The ice freezes this wax membrane and makes it extremely brittle. This allows the ice to do its second job. Which is while bashing back and forth in the mixing process, it breaks the heads free of their plant body prisons. because they are dense ie the heads, they are still affected by gravity even inside water. So they sink

How do i go about cleaning my bags

Also a very important part of the process, i clean each one of my bags THE SECOND i pull the hash or plant matter out of the bags.I flip them inside out and rinse them immediately with cold water. This will keep resins from drying and turning to a crusty sticky mesh on your bag screen. Many are so excited they pull the hash out of the bag, and throw the bag down to clean later. This is a big mistake. Those tiny little heads will slowly plug your screen and the collecting of bubble will be greatly compromised.

If my screens is already dirty how do i clean it, will cold water still work?

I would attempt to first freeze the screens, and then crack the residual resin off. As well have a bowl of ice water, that you can rinse the flipped inside out screen in. This often can clean the not so dirty bags, but if your bags are really a mess, you will need to stretch your screen tight, i use a large plastic bowl. Then i take a tooth brush ( an old one) and some 99% alcohol and lightly brush it over the screen, taking care not to let the alcohol come into contact with the edge of the screen, where its sewn to the gortex. The alcohol can and may degrade the thread that keeps the gortex and screen together.

What kind of returns will i get, is it worth it?

Well this is a question that i have been asked more times than any other question. First off i will answer the second part, IS IT WORTH IT. Well lets see what that question really pertains. IS it worth it to extract the active resins from their plant body prison in order to concentrate it and offer up a unadulterated cannabinoid high that is uncomparable in every way to the original diluted resin. YES ITS WORTH IT>

If you can wrap your head around the fact, that its the trichome gland heads that are active and giving you all those wonderful feelings you get when smoking or vaporizing, you realize of course its worth it.
Now for returns. I have gotten anywhere from 3% to 10%. Now these numbers are acquired by weighing dry trim or bud, ( if wet you have to adjust your numbers, ie 100grams of wet trim will be more likely around 25 to 30grams of dry.) Also you have to dry your bubble> i have known to many who weigh the bubble wet, and then write to tell me they got a 18% return> This is a very high number and very unlikely. I'm not saying its impossible, but check your ratio's before you start printing it, As it throws off the newbies who may not be growing the best herb, and are only getting a 3% to 5% return.

Bubbleman

fullmeltbubble
01-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Is It hard getting Melty Hash on your first run?

No, as long as your starting material is melty(strain is a known melter), and you follow all the online advice and instructions, anyone can achieve full melt.

lets see some others post....questions people have asked you or questions you've asked yourself, are all to be posted here

Clear_Dome
02-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I was asking me if the freshness of the matérial you use can make a diference ( I know there is a diference between bubble hash from fresh trim and dry trim) but is there a diference beteween bubble hash made from 1 week old dry trim and 6 month old dry trim ? will the 6 month old will make fmcd if (the strain and all the condition to make fmcd are respested )or it will make some dry powder ??

Green Supreme
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Fresh trim usually has a better chance of making FMCD, once material is dry there is less chance. So curing dry material longer or shorter will likely not change your chances, if it was gonna melt when its dry it probably doesn't matter. Peace GS

Bubbleman
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah i have seen trim that has been sitting around for near years, still produce melty bubble, so thats a hard one. I tell people ya may as well run it fresh for multiple reasons, A: its less heaty than drying trim, that shit stinks.
B: you can throw it from the plant right into your buckets, or you can throw it in the freezer and not have to think about it again till you want to make your hash.
C: the less volatile oils that evaporate out, the more likely your hash will taste and melt nicer.

My two cents

Bubble man

Clear_Dome
02-19-2008, 09:41 PM
that's what I wanna heard !! thanks !!

crAZjoeherbizzle86
02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Is it a good idea to let the greens and ice sit for a while in the bag so that the ice freezes the wax membranes and makes the trichomes brittle?

Thanks

Lovin2Melt
05-19-2008, 02:37 AM
I am loving this site man I ran my first run the other night with a 5 gallon bucket full of various grades of trim.
I unfortunately only had the 1 gallon 8 bag kit and improvised by using 40 lbs of ice and my max cold igloo cooler haha I am not sure if this is wise and unfortunately hadn't discovered these forums and the other weed forums were useless in answering my plea for if that would work. I am still waiting to be completely dry how do you know does it just crumble? It's in small lil chunks that i cut and layed out on the cardboard. Bubbleman kick ass bro I can't wait to get the bubble now and upgrade to the 5 gal bags. I want my weed to hurry up and dry and use some quality dry nuggets to run thru there haha couldn't help myself had to sample the hash and am blown away!

I mean I thought I knew everything about yah know weed and of course there was hash but after finding these forums I am just blown away at the possibilities...

Sorry for the ramble....you've opened my eyes brother and can't wait to dedicate future plants to all hash muhahaha!

Oh yeah, I'm letting the cooler just sit there because there was still a fair amount of ice and don't know if glands may be all in that shit so I am going to run it thru whenever that melts prolly like a fucking week with this damn max cold cooler!

Bubbleman
05-19-2008, 04:18 AM
welcome to the Site Loving2melt, always happy to have another brethren join up. To answer your questions, as long as you have plenty of ice in your mixture you are good to go. that ensures a temp of around 4 or 5 degrees C. Perfect for water extraction.
Drying bubble is a little difficult if you dont do the proper steps in the beginning. This is to NOT press the wet hash. Use the screen to help dab out some of the water. By closing it and using a shammy or towel on either side of the screen. gently dab out the water, and then you can pull the wet paddy out of the screen and place it on cardboard> if you left enough water in the paddy, it will crumble up and chop up nicely> the harder you press the wet paddy the more of a nightmare it will be to break up the chunks properly.
Getting the bubble to dry is one of the most important steps and i would say many many people miss this step completely.
Feel free to start a thread in the first bubblehash run forum.

Peace
Bubble man

Lovin2Melt
05-19-2008, 04:26 AM
How long does it take to dry properly man? hell yeah i put it on the screen didn't know about the towel dabbing will do that next time and i broke it into small chunks should i get a knife and do it into powder? I mean it's a small amount.... heh I'll start one when i do the first run with the bubble run and 5 gal i plan on buying and running some of this power plant i'm drying hopefully will be kick ass:) just would love to have hash dry quickly as is possible because dry as fuck around here and wana get blasted off some full melt :cool1: so wanna make sure i don't need chop in powder or something extrreme ... thanks bubbleman

Bubbleman
05-19-2008, 04:40 AM
HOw long does it take to dry:

Bubble can take weeks to dry properly if you prepare it WRONG. it must be in tiny piece's, almost powder. As well as spread thin over the cardbard. this will dry properly in two to four days.
But chunks, well thats a different story.....

Bubble man

YukonBikerGuy
05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
I think climate affects drying style and time greatly. In the lower mainland and other moist coastal areas, you may need to get the hash almost powdered to effect proper drying. Where I live however is a semi-desert climate, its dry as hell here man. So just getting the hash broken up into relatively smallish chunks of no great thickness seems to be adequate for drying it on the cardboard.

My Dry Northern 2-cents

Bubbleman
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
well, i have made bubble all over the world, from tropical regions to near freezing ones, and i can say that, humidity will affect your drying, but that is why the whole purpose of the cardboard is there. THe hash is NOT air drying. Its having its moisture pulled out from below by the cardboard and gravity. This is why you use cardboard, and if you dry bubble into smallish chunks, you will see by opening the chunk that its more moist and often a different colour inside. The hash itself can self seal itself, and really hold moisture in, in any climate. so always break your bubble up into powder, if you know whats good for you....

Bubble man

ech
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Some friends of mine have been working feverishly with a bubble now XL and a 4 bag set for weeks trying to achieve a melty bubble. Needless to say they have produced alot of fair hash but no fult melt and very little that will melt at all. They understand that it has alot to do with what strains they have to use.

My question is: if it doesn't melt is it still good? If it is still good how good? Does the melt really matter or is it more of an asthetic thing?

Oh yeah and I love this site Irie Eyez told me about the other day so I had to check it out.
Peaz e