PDA

View Full Version : outdoors 08 COLORADO style

old school
03-24-2009, 02:52 AM
:) Heres a few shots of my garden last year.In this garden is 21 plants. I have 23 new strains going now to be in ground in mid may. we had a snow storm in june last year but they all made it fine. will post pics of the new crop soon. They are 4 foot now !!! The sour diesel kush is unreal! I sex all plants young inside so all i have is females outside. I keep my males inside .I flower the males and collect the pollen for breeding purposes.With the pollen i can do whatever i want ( as far as breeding goes) I flower the first crop in July in a greenhouse that i cover every night .A real pain but well worth it with a ten pound plus harvest early. hope you enjoy the pics. Peace.....:) :)

Hennessy1414
03-24-2009, 03:05 AM
I live in colorado...hell ya that chron looks dank :)

~peace

old school
03-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey thanx man! are you a grower?

Hennessy1414
03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
might get some outdoor going this year...not sure yet...used to grow. this was a good winter for the indoor tho...never got too freezing cold..dint get too hot either...pretty good balance if you ask me....a lil short on snow tho.

~peace

old school
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Yea we really need some snow in the southwest part of the state for sure !!!

Party on!

YukonBikerGuy
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
A very nice looking outdoor effort. Thanks for sharing.

old school
03-25-2009, 12:08 AM
A very nice looking outdoor effort. Thanks for sharing.
My pleasure ,YukonBikerGuy! I enjoy your posts . I will post pics on your 09 outdoor post.I can do a summer long photo record of my whole gig start to finish.should be fun!

Party on!

YukonBikerGuy
03-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to see this year's efforts. It will be great to follow along from start to finish with a nice outdoor crop.

flanch
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
holy shit old school!!!!!!! nice thumb!

old school
03-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Right on FLANCH! Thanx for looking.....and yea my thumbs are green! Could'nt do it with out a little help from my friend. You know who you are!!!!! Getting ready to order a bubble now....I have about 20 pounds of trim to process..cant wait to get going on this adventure!!!

Party on!

ganjherbsmoke
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
hell yea OS those look like some monsters in your garden keep postin!

flanch
03-26-2009, 01:35 AM
I love bubble adventures!!!! I hope your friend loves them too...Im sure he will work harder!!!!! party on Garth

COOPAROO
03-26-2009, 02:20 AM
lookin' great bro. congrats on a big harvest last year!

old school
03-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Thank you COOPAROO ! Mother Nature blessed me last year for sure!!!For me growing is my PASSION ..indoors....outdoors.... i just love the plant .I am posting some new photos ..The boxes are 3 x 3 x 3 and 4 feet into the mother earth. The young plants were put in June first. I use the shade tent to protect the plants from our sun ( at 7800 feet it is very intense)I move them out of it in a week or so . The altitude is a big advantage at flowering time ,they LOVE it!!!! I would love to share ideas with other growers if possible. I am looking fo someone who has done light deprovation and might have thoughts on how to cover a greenhouse easily, DAILY. Also ideas on fertalizer injectors, brands that work,ones to stay away from.. and nutrients that stay mixed well.Keep watching as I am going to post next week with photo's of this years effort ..Amazing so far! Peace..

Party on...

Razz
03-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Hey thanx man! are you a grower?

haha, yeah dude, are you a grower! hahaha, that killed me! you ever read any of his posts! hahaha. just kidding hennessey! o.k. maybe not! haha, maybe i'm having too much fun with this!

looks like a great harvest! where's the pics of the hash!

old school
03-27-2009, 04:15 AM
I need to order a bubblenow next week and get started ...I read all the post on how to do it but it still looks like theres room for error for sure. Im sure i can get help with any problems i might have. How long does it take to do a batch in the small bubblenow start to finish ? anyway i have never read any of his post yet i will though. I am soooo anxious to make the hash !!! I hope its FULLMELT for sure!

Mastafari
03-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Awesome thread old school. I am getting everything ready to start my first outdoor grow down in the southern mountains of CO. Done the indoor thing a bunch just never outdoor. As I think of them I'm gonna have to ask you some questions.

Razz
03-27-2009, 04:40 PM
start to finish with the bubblenow is about a half hour! super easy! check out the technique forum for visual aid, or just ask us!

YukonBikerGuy
03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey Old school,

I dont know if these will fit your greenhouse, but they do close easily daily, and allow you to control the length of light while growing outdoors. I have never used these myself, just found them on the inter-web and thought you might be interested.

http://www.autoflowertentgrowsystem.com/

Its a Canadian company too :)

Hennessy1414
03-27-2009, 07:30 PM
haha, yeah dude, are you a grower! hahaha, that killed me! you ever read any of his posts! hahaha. just kidding hennessey! o.k. maybe not! haha, maybe i'm having too much fun with this!

looks like a great harvest! where's the pics of the hash!
man im sick of the trash you bring me. such filth buddy.

Don't act like you know what I have done...you dont know shit about my life

holy hell old school some of those pics you just showed us made my mouth water like hell.Colorado sunshine can make such a beautiful plant

~peace

old school
03-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Hi YBG,Thanx for the info man ! Researching to see if i can make it work for my application or not ?? These are really cool though! Most of my new seed stock is from CANADA. Hemp Depot all the way.I have these strains going now .Alaskan Ice ,Trainwreck ,Sour diesel Kush,Government Mule ,Blueberry x T1 ,BC Roadkill,Blueberry x AK 47 ,White Russian ,Querkle ,Jacks Cleaner 2, LG THAI X DEEP cHUNK ,CHUNKY CHEESE , Cali-O x Deep Chunk , Big Bang ,C 4 ,Mental Floss,Legends Ultimate Indica,Supreme Hash Plant ,Magnun ,Purps ,Calizahr ,C 4 Plus,BB x Grapefruit , Tuti Fruti G1 , . Does anyone have a favorite from this strain list and why ?? I'm in cutting paradise man !!! Most all have sexed already . With a nice FEMALE ratio ! Peace....

Party On!

Hennessy, thanx for the compliments! Your cool dude..

Ganjaman
05-21-2009, 08:10 AM
wow man those plant are sure nice!

BigManNew
05-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Hey there, i was looking into growing a lot of plants in an undisclosed location. I was wondering how you keep wild animals out like in colorado, and what u use if anything to hide the actual plants? like a different type of bush or if u grow in a condensed plant area or open space. Also is it better to grow near a river if its available to you or should u stick near higher ground. thanks alot.

old school
05-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Howdy BMN, Mine is a MEDICAL GROW . So I have a fence and no cover at all.So this a different situation...I was a grower in Indiana for 15 years and I did it guerrilla STYLE then.Rivers flood allot in the Midwest so I tried to stay away from them! Creeks though work great .Find an area that is real thick the harder to get to the better.(I used to crawl through Briar patches on Rabbit trails!!)Look for thick vegetation along the edges of farmers fields..Use the thick areas to hide the GIRLS... Tie them down if you have to.Put LOTS of plants out(then if you lose some its okay). Presexed if possible.I had years that i couldn't harvest ALL I planted. Even with friends helping !! Show NO ONE. Greed takes over FRIENDSHIP I have found. DONT TRUST ANYONE AT ALL! A tip I used was to take a piece of Black plastic 24 inches square and cut an X in the center and put it on ground after planting cover it with about 1 inch of dirt.This will give the herb plants a chance to grow before the surrounding vegetation takes over. I was VERY successful growing in the mid-west.... I can give more tips if you want. One more tip ... What works for someone else doesn't ALWAYS work for you....Don't be afraid to experiment after all it is still a weed that will thrive if given the right conditions (even with no help from you!!) Peace...

PARTY -ON!!