PDA

View Full Version : using others photos without their permission to create a website right or wrong?

Bubbleman
03-25-2009, 07:37 PM
WELL I came across this site over at icmag.com in the tokers den> said the guy was using members photos to create a site, and then asking in a poll what you think of the site.

figured id' link it here, and see what you guys think....

i mean i would have let him use my photos if he wrote me and asked, but he just straight took dozens of shots, and posted them in his galleries...

http://trichomes.org/

let me know your thoughts

Bubble man

Green Supreme
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Coulda, woulda , shoulda. He should have had it ok'd first or he stole them. Peace GS

Green Supreme
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Seems over 1/2 of the folks who voted think the stealing pics site is a bad idea. Weird they leave no place to contact them. Shady man. Peace GS

Green Supreme
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
They never stole this pic. Peace GS

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7351&postid=82#post82

YukonBikerGuy
03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
They are stolen photos, period. My $0.02

Razz
03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
i'm gonna kick this guys ass!

widow253
03-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Its totally stealing. Now like you said bubbleman if he wou;d have asked first then thats a different story. I've posted a couple of pictures of yours on a different forum, but I had your permission first. I'm just blown away by the macros you take and I had to show others your skills

sm0ke
03-25-2009, 10:44 PM
no other way you can look at it other then stealing. not very cool :/

stretchpuppy
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Nah, you should get credit for those Bman, or at least he should link your site and/or put your watermark on the photos...

colitas
03-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Did you see the banner "Are your photos being used without permission?" contact..for credit or removal...
SO NICE of them to let you know they care, are they fucking serious? Didn't you know you were stealing them when you posted SOMEONE:mad: ELSE's photos
TO me this is what's wrong with Digital someone, anyone(usually with no skill) can steal someone else's work and then ask later. THis is why I got out of the Photography biz...too many people stealing or claiming to be a photographer...the equipment doesn't make the shot...it's the eye(mind)...In good ol' analog days you literally had to steal it to take it... now, just sit back on the computer and beep,swipe,beep,beep....peace

baw3187
03-26-2009, 07:08 PM
i dont see that much wrong with it honestly. if he was trying to take credit then yes. if you really care about it dont post pictures on the internet where millions can see them and copy them just as ez. you guys all know this. im sure all of you have shown someone a pic from someone else and not said where it was from.

Green Supreme
03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Not me that would be lame and I have plenty good pics to show. I would totally show the pic from the source. No copying necessary. Peace GS

YukonBikerGuy
03-26-2009, 08:55 PM
I also only show my own pictures, or give proper credit for them when showing other's photos. Just don't feel right otherwise. Frankly, I have enough photos of my own that I have no need to refer to others' work.

trichomefarmer
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
IT is stealing. and most certainly wrong.

philly4life
05-21-2009, 05:05 PM
i didnt really think it would be wrong because of what BAW said above. However, some of his pics freakin say Full Melt!!! I would not call it stealing really but he deff should have just linked where he took the pics from. Woulda made the site better anyway

EDIT: HE PUT TRICHOME.ORG ON ALL THE PICS. IT IS DEFF STEALING BECAUSE OF THAT, IMO.
However, that one pic with 28 types of BHO is truly nuts. Whoevers pic that is, that is freakin impressive!

lbg07
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
100% stealing

It would of been one thing if he just posted the pictures and gave props (at the bottom of the pics page he mentions bubbleman and others) but he posted trichome.org on all the pics. In turn making it now property of tricohome.org who obviously didn't contact bubbleman or the admini on the site. IMO

But bubbleman you have the best pictures so this was bound to happen unfortunately, just don't let it stop you from postin more pictures of the amazing things your create.

Dread_head_420
05-22-2009, 03:43 AM
i looke d n it has links to FMB n bubble bags, also says photos thanks to Bubble man..
did u do something about this , to get shit credited?

Bubbleman
05-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Well i did originally contact this guy and say yo whats up.
He said he was sorry he used the photos without permission and offered right away to let people konw which ones were my shots, as well as putting links up to here.

However then i went back onto his site the other day and noticed the WATERMARKS>

I found this completely unacceptable... he's now labelling my pictures with his sites name.
I wrote him an email yesterday and asked for my shots to be taken down.

Lets see if he listens.

Bubble man

Dread_head_420
05-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Ya i dont like that fact either, ill keep cheackin to see if he does take them down, Its kinda outrageus.

johnnyballbag
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
IMO he'd be pretty stupid to try and fuck with someone as known and respected as Bman. I would think if he didn't follow through with Bman's requests to remove them, he'd seriously hurt his cred and rep. Let us know what unfolds Bubbleman.

KaptainKhronik
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
That site has potential, but started off in the wrong way! when i first saw it just now, i was stoked to see so many GREAT pictures of gooey goodness, but they were not submitted! He should not just make a site with your photos. IF you could submit pictures, and have him screen them for quality or whatever, that would be a fun site to be a part of!

Theres nothing wrong with downloading a picture so you can drool over it at your home, but never post the picture anywhere, especially without credit and WITH watermarks blurred out!

Most of the people who have pictures on there will never even see the site so that they can e-mail him, and will have to look through the site to find any of their own.

Good luck to all the victims.

glitch
11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
i agree, using other's photos without permission is definitely stealing. one should always get the "okay" before they post up the photos that aren't theirs.