PDA

View Full Version : Dirty glass

EEbrew
03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't see it as a big hassle personally to at least clean glass before I take pics to put it up for sale... There have been a few items I'll be interested in but the only pics the owner put up looks like they just put a half zip through it. A clean bong is a tobacco pipe, a dirty resonated bong is paraphernalia. you guys aren't shipping pieces covered in resin are you?

is it that hard to splash some iso/salt into your glass....

Five To One
03-26-2009, 10:06 PM
totally agree...

This should be a sticky and required.

+1

biglen
03-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Amen to that. Not only that but a clean piece will fetch more $$$.

lkjh421
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
This shouldn't even need to be said imo.

jBUCKS420
03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
absolutely!! it really shouldnt have to be said. When you own nice glass, you also own the responsibility of keeping it clean.

EEbrew
03-26-2009, 10:21 PM
dude it's like every other thread.

that sg perc with the inline had such a dirty perc chamber.

that fro diffuser set is fucking black with resin..... Your gonna try and sell a $150 bowl and diffuser set with shit as spics and have it be dirty as fuck.....

Five To One
03-26-2009, 10:32 PM
dude it's like every other thread.

that sg perc with the inline had such a dirty perc chamber.

that fro diffuser set is fucking black with resin..... Your gonna try and sell a $150 bowl and diffuser set with shit as spics and have it be dirty as fuck.....

I think they meant in general, like, it's a joke that we actually need to make this thread because it should be a given.... :pipe:

EEbrew
03-26-2009, 10:36 PM
well half the people selling shit don't get it....

DCALLSTARR
03-26-2009, 10:49 PM
this really should go without saying. i agree any pictures put on this site or any of this nature, for sale or for show should be clean glass no exceptions.

isimon
03-26-2009, 11:59 PM
This is why I just picked up two bottles of GO before posting my piece up. Look for a sparkling new SYN in the next few days.

MastaKush
03-27-2009, 12:15 AM
This really should be a given when your selling glass.

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 12:23 AM
you really think i would ship out a dirty piece EE? you shouldn't even have to ask that

and it might look really black, because it IS BLACK!

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 12:24 AM
ps... why don't you come to the people your talkin about. instead of having me come across shit in a different thread

greenmonster420
03-27-2009, 01:11 AM
I agree this should kind of go without saying. Nobody needs to call anybody out, but it should be a general rule of thumb. I'm wondering, however, what yall use to get the really stubborn gunk/stains off. My percs and splash guard are slightly discolored no matter how many times I hit it with salt and iso. It's very frustrating, lol.

EEbrew
03-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Oh really the joints are black? I'm not talking about the worked section and I'm pretty sure you knew that.

Because I was sick of mention it in every thread That had something I was interested in....

EEbrew
03-27-2009, 01:12 AM
I agree this should kind of go without saying. Nobody needs to call anybody out, but it should be a general rule of thumb. I'm wondering, however, what yall use to get the really stubborn gunk/stains off. My percs and splash guard are slightly discolored no matter how many times I hit it with salt and iso. It's very frustrating, lol.

grunge off, oxiclean, don't let the perc get that dirty....

greenmonster420
03-27-2009, 01:25 AM
I've had the tube for 4 years, it's built up over time, I clean my piece almost daily. If anything, it's from my stupid ass roommate leaving water in overnight.

Another question though. I have a white, chalky build up that only appears on the inside of the tube above the splash guard. It appears as soon as it dries, even after cleaning. I thought it was perhaps because I used to blow into the tube to adjust/remove the water in the percs ( I have dome percs and they are a pain). I quit doing this and started to adjust the level via sucking air through the joint of the tube, but the substance still is appearing. It is very annoying as well, as i have no idea where its coming from. It almost looks like salt, but I always rinse extremely thoroughly after the salt and iso bath, so I don't believe this is the case. Any ideas?

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 01:39 AM
i think the white chalky build up is hot water build up. or atleast that's what i've heard.

it appears in my tube's every once in a while, but usually goes away when i soak some iso and salt in there, or shake it around in the areas where its dirty.
but i have also seen pieces that are totally clean, but still have the white marks in the neck.

hope someone else has a better method

Dread_head_420
03-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Should go with out saying,

I dont get why people think we even wanna see pics of there dirty grimmy bongs.
wink wink nudge nudge all you sellers !

Dread_head_420
03-27-2009, 01:55 AM
i think the white chalky build up is hot water build up. or atleast that's what i've heard.

it appears in my tube's every once in a while, but usually goes away when i soak some iso and salt in there, or shake it around in the areas where its dirty.
but i have also seen pieces that are totally clean, but still have the white marks in the neck.

the white chaly shit in from hard water residue's. and it is uite annoying i no, Roor does make a cleaner for just hard water build up purpose's and ive also heard that oxi-clean should work for that, just dont rince with hard water lol. i no its a waste but use a bottle of water, or through some salt in da water softner .. hoop this helps
Dread_head

originaldutchmaster
03-27-2009, 01:56 AM
its calcium deposits, use vinegar or clr

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 02:08 AM
thanks...

haha oxi clean always makes me think of this now...

YouTube - Billy Mays kaboom! dub

honestly laughed for atleast 10 minutes when i first saw this

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 02:10 AM

i've heard clr is good. but that shit is really toxic haha. i don't really like putting that in my smoking devices

Dread_head_420
03-27-2009, 02:21 AM
hahahaha
"Oh no someone shit in the tub, again.. dont wory kaboom"
hahahaha
oh no someone at spaghetti in the shower again, dont wory use kaboom to clean that shit right up " haha
that was good

MastaKush
03-27-2009, 02:42 AM
I tried the roor sol and didnt find it to work very good, but I know grunge off works great. If your using ice in your tube thats prob where its coming from.

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 02:53 AM
haha im glad someone else thought it was funny dread

subliminal
03-27-2009, 02:55 AM
hahah that video was hysterical coop

greenmonster420
03-27-2009, 04:39 AM

If I use vinegar, can I rinse with tap water? I'm not sure how hard my water is, but I live in the city so I wouldn't think it would be different than the norm. Like I said, I have had the tube for ages, and have used ice in it many times (although not all the time). I used to use ice cubes from the fridge with my old refrigerator, maybe that caused it? I use lots and lots of water to rinse after cleaning and after every session and to fill it up, so bottled water isn't a viable option. Maybe a Britta filter for my spigot if it doesn't go away?

Thanks a lot, FMB. Yall are so speedy with replies, it's wonderful.

Dread_head_420
03-27-2009, 04:56 AM
cascade complete ive been using to keep any calium buildup off of my bong as well as iso and salt.. really helps keep your bingers hine if the water where you live sucks. https://tokecity.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Dread_head_420
03-27-2009, 05:02 AM
I also hear CLR ( calcium lime n rust remover) works wonders but i unno how i feel upon inhaling that, at least cascade u no is good considering "we" wash our dish's in da shit .

COOPAROO
03-27-2009, 06:22 AM
hahah that video was hysterical coop

hah im glad you enjoyed it. probably the funniest video i've seen on youtube

greenmonster420
03-29-2009, 04:27 PM
If I use vinegar, can I rinse with tap water? I'm not sure how hard my water is, but I live in the city so I wouldn't think it would be different than the norm. Like I said, I have had the tube for ages, and have used ice in it many times (although not all the time). I used to use ice cubes from the fridge with my old refrigerator, maybe that caused it? I use lots and lots of water to rinse after cleaning and after every session and to fill it up, so bottled water isn't a viable option. Maybe a Britta filter for my spigot if it doesn't go away?

Thanks a lot, FMB. Yall are so speedy with replies, it's wonderful.

Bump for an answer to this question. I'm going to try and take care of this shit tonight or tomorrow. Also, how long should i let the vinegar soak?

PS: That Billy Mays video was awesome. He's hilarious; he has like a monopoly over the infomercial market.

EDIT: hahaha i think this video was by the same people (or person)
YouTube - Billy May's Blue Balls Dub

minotaur
03-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I use white vinegar + salt after every wash with iso/salt. This makes a huge difference in the feel of the tube(feels much more clean and softer) and plays a part in the quality of rips. I never use bottled water for it unless I want it spotless to take a picture or somethin. Salt is a good abrasive to pair with the vinegar, no soaking necessary just give it a decent shake. I never understand why people use Kaboom and all these fancy products, I cant see it outperforming white vinegar. Rinse a couple times and voila odorless sparkling clean tube! Also salt isn't completely necessary.

:smoke1: