PDA

View Full Version : How much trim?

hashcat
03-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Hey everyone.
I will be finishing up my first real sized grow in a month and a half
to two months, just had a question in mind I wanted to ask.

I am expecting somewhere around a pound to pound and a half of dried trimmed bud. How much trim in dry weight do you get on avg. from a pound of bud? just sugar trim not fans and sticks.

im wondering if my 1gal can handle it or if i should look into getting a 5 gal. guess i could always do small runs

YukonBikerGuy
03-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Sounds to me like you should move up to the 5 gallon set which can process 200g dry material at a time as opposed to the 1 oz or so in the 1 gallon set.

hashcat
03-28-2009, 04:34 PM
ok thats what i am thinking but if im only gonna get say 4-5oz of trim of a lb of bud, i dont really need to invest in the 5gal. but if im gonna get a lb of trim off of it i definately want one. any thoughts? is amount of trim related mostly to genetics, growing styles and trimming style? or is there an avg amount

jrace
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
too many factors to predict.
Will this be your last grow?
If not invest in the 5g bags and you will be doing this agaain and again!
Then once your growing buddies find out what you can do with the trim they will be dumping it at your doorstep!

I started with a 5g set and now have a 20g set with a bubble xl - had I known just how much trim I was going to get in the past 2 years I would have jumped straight to the big bags.

YukonBikerGuy
03-31-2009, 08:34 PM
IMO the 5 gallon set is the basic set. If you grow yer own, this will do yer trim. If you grow for several people, or commercially, or people 'dump trim at your door', or you grow big crops just for hash making, then the 20 gallon is the way to go. If you are only a casual smoker saving stems and leaves, or a micro/cfl grower, a 1 gallon set will probably do ya.

5 oz X 28g = 140g = 5 batches in a 1 gallon set = 1 batch in the 5 gallon set

Trim variables as to amount = strain, growth conditions, trimming style, green trim or yellow, fan leaves included or not.... too many to nail down to 'you will get X amount of trim from X amount of bud'.

For an example, My bro and I both grow my Sister M, his is leafy as hell, mine is more to the fat nug side, my other friend had it show somewhere inbetween. We all trim differently, and trim amounts vary the same way.