PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen a "defective" RooR ?

Dread_head_420
03-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Hey fmb;
the title explains it all . About a month ago i was at my local shop . i happen to grab a new Roor zumo. 18.8.
Everything was good till i got home n noticed they label was quite angeld ( not straight with the tube )

I immediatly called up my shop, who contacted roor, they blew me a new zumo and i jsut got it today ! yah

Ill show you pics of the defective roor and the new one, Roor is diffntly as good as they come, as i dont no ne other companys that will own up to there mistakes (even if very little) and totaly replace them. It was easy dealing with roor.de they are dif. the shit heres some pics guys !

First two pics are of the old "defficted" Zumo notice the crooked label. The rest are of the nice new straight one. Much nicer flowing Sig IMHO as well.

follow1yourpath
03-30-2009, 12:30 PM
A strange occurrence dread. Sweet glass bro.. I was actually thinking of picking up a custom roor jaunt too. The Fairman master mini maybe it might have been called? or something like that..

willcookyou
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Thats awsome that RooR did that for you. You still have the other zumo if so you trying 2 get rid of it?

Dread_head_420
03-30-2009, 04:14 PM
ya man just my luck, one in a million chance there .
and Willcookyou , no Roor only gave me a new one on the condition they got the old one back , it makes sence the dont want a defective bong out on the streets, ruinin there "flawless" name ...

I thought it was intresting, and a very awsome gesture from RooR.de i just thought id share with FMB...

Respect Marley
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Great piece, i am still in shock that is the first time i have heard or seen of a Roor.de with imperfections.

No harm done though at least you got a clean one in the end, This is the difference between RooR.US and RooR.de IMHO. One company will replace it and put it down to a freak accident and learn from it maintaining their name.

The other just sticks on crooked labels regardless and i bet they have not replaced/compensated one unsatisfied Crooked label owner. and don't even get me started on their joints . . .

sorry to hate in your thread bro but this really does sum up why i love RooR.de and i do not like their name being used elsewhere.

Great piece and i can't wait for the milkvid these things could knock an Elephant on it's ass. Happy smokes.

gbk.xscape
05-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Why do you need two xbox 360s? Just curious...

Dread_head_420
05-11-2009, 06:01 AM
why do i need 100 different tubes ?

lol naw very valid question ... and its a long ass stupid asnwer
basically its my girlfriends and she brought it over cause my DLC would only work on the original xbox i download the shit to ...
So i wanted to play my shit so she brought her xbox .. n it kinda just got left there ...

Everyone always asks immediatly after enterin my room lol

WhiteWall
09-06-2009, 09:46 AM
my man dread unlike you not to scope before buying. No? anyway sick taht they hooked you up after

d0rk2dafullest
09-06-2009, 07:40 PM
would roor.us do this for me too???????

dosman
09-06-2009, 07:51 PM
lol the funny thing is that if u posted this here or on tokecity for a "legit check" everyone would tell u its fake

t0astiez
09-06-2009, 09:16 PM
i saw one one time in a shop with FUCKED UP (bubbly/misshapen) bistabil dots/sig and crooked pinches. if it was a fake it was the only one in the whole shop... that sucks though, glad to hear you got it sorted out.

Tobybologna
09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I have bought a defective roor myself, a nice tube at that, from Roor USA at a shop in Memphis. Good looking beaker tube, 2 footer, single perc, 7mm all around, except for a single exception.
Didn't notice when I took it out of the shop, had it for about 2 weeks before a friend dinged the edge of the beaker base lightly against the sink and it just shattered. Along that curve it was about 1mm thick, about as thin as a really nice wine glass.
I don't recommend buying Roors in the USA, but maybe this isn't characteristic. I have a HVY 9mm now i would recommend over ROOR any day.

Golfin
09-24-2009, 09:49 PM
So you bumped your glass bong and it shattered and that makes it defective?
Thats called being careless. No way is that RooRs fault.

The beakers and bubbles are blown out, they are always gonna be thinner than the rest of the tube.

Don't knock your glass against things and you wont have any problems.

Its glass, it will break. I thought this was common sense ?

Tobybologna
09-25-2009, 12:35 AM
So you bumped your glass bong and it shattered and that makes it defective?
Thats called being careless. No way is that RooRs fault.
The beakers and bubbles are blown out, they are always gonna be thinner than the rest of the tube.
Don't knock your glass against things and you wont have any problems.
Its glass, it will break. I thought this was common sense ?

You need to get your panties untangled, man; does ROOR pay your salary or suck your dick or something?
Tubes should be even all around, maybe a slight bit thinner here, but I am serious when I say the glass was about 1mm thin here. Certainly I don't say bongs are meant to endure collisions, but this one was particularly gentle.
There's no reason to be so defensive of your favorite brand, man, I'm not attacking it, just speaking from experience. Nor do I say they're all like this; the thread is entitled defective roors, right?
Every tube from every other brand I've ever had has been much thicker than this around the base, and endured much more abuse. Had an ADS about 2 years ago, a PHX about 4 years ago, and the ROOR lasted about a week before I had to seek out a replacement.
I actually paid more for the ROOR than any tube I've ever had, I guess because of the lettering down the side.

Freebird17
09-25-2009, 12:46 AM
You need to get your panties untangled, man; does ROOR pay your salary or suck your dick or something?
Tubes should be even all around, maybe a slight bit thinner here, but I am serious when I say the glass was about 1mm thin here. Certainly I don't say bongs are meant to endure collisions, but this one was particularly gentle.
There's no reason to be so defensive of your favorite brand, man, I'm not attacking it, just speaking from experience. Nor do I say they're all like this; the thread is entitled defective roors, right?
Every tube from every other brand I've ever had has been much thicker than this around the base, and endured much more abuse. Had an ADS about 2 years ago, a PHX about 4 years ago, and the ROOR lasted about a week before I had to seek out a replacement.
I actually paid more for the ROOR than any tube I've ever had, I guess because of the lettering down the side.

How come Roor needs to pay him or suck his dick for his support?
Most bubbles and beakers thin out, I dont think I'd call it defective, and tubes arent normally made to endure abuse(maybe an acrylic would be better suited for you?). I try to only buy 7mm or greater to be safe. but I dunno... A 1mm thick roor?

http://www.lessthanmotivational.com/images//2009/05/pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpeg
EDIT: I have nothing against Jeebus, I couldnt find a better poidh thing.

Tobybologna
09-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Ha, wow, yeah, people just love the brand so much they can't believe one wouldn't be perfect... I loved the tube, don't get me wrong, it smoked remarkably well. But the curve at the bottom of the base was thinner than any piece I've ever seen; like I said, I've owned PHX's, ADS's, and a HVY, all of them have had very sturdy and thick bases, even on the round edge.

I have never in my life bought an acrylic or any kind of factory/slave glass. Yes, though, I do think it is wise to buy 7 and 9mm tubes. Apparently I'm the only pothead with clumsy friends.

I don't take picture of broken tubes. Call me weird?

Freebird17
09-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Ha, wow, yeah, people just love the brand so much they can't believe one wouldn't be perfect... I loved the tube, don't get me wrong, it smoked remarkably well. But the curve at the bottom of the base was thinner than any piece I've ever seen; like I said, I've owned PHX's, ADS's, and a HVY, all of them have had very sturdy and thick bases, even on the round edge.

I have never in my life bought an acrylic or any kind of factory/slave glass. Yes, though, I do think it is wise to buy 7 and 9mm tubes. Apparently I'm the only pothead with clumsy friends.

I don't take picture of broken tubes. Call me weird?

I'm not saying I dig roor or anything, I'm just saying I dont know if I'd call if a defect. If a tube is like 3.2mm(even 5mm sometimes) glass and a beaker of bubble bottom its gonna be trouble. but if I was dishing out cash on a Roor I'd probably go for the .de(7mm sis?). Right now my favorite daily driver is a 7mm ads bubble bottom, and it does thin out at some places, just not too badly.
and I just kind of assumed everyone took pictures of their broken glass. Ive never broken anything bigger than a glass screen, so I don't know what i'd do :cool1:. I'll make sure to update this when something inevitably breaks now though.

Tobybologna
09-25-2009, 01:12 AM
You could be right, maybe I'm accustomed to 7mm+ tubes, but this one was 5mm, pretty damned solid everywhere else except to this one spot. You can say it's not a defect but to me it should have been able to take more. If I get another ROOR I'll get a German piece, that's for sure.
About the break, I'm weird that way. I'm the kind of guy that when something breaks I like to fucking shatter it in the street or a plastic bag, I don't hold onto it or keep it around to look at. I like to clean the slate.

Golfin
09-25-2009, 01:35 AM
ALL bubbles and beakers are blown out and thinner than the rest of the tube.
Unless they use an ungodly amount of glass.

Its glass, you break it, no one to blame but yourself.

Unless the product says "HEAVY DUTY" or "INDESTRUCTIBLE" or is made to handle lots of abuse, you cant blame the manufacturer for mishandling the product causing it to break.

kenula420
09-25-2009, 01:52 AM
the only roor i would get is another german they are perfect every time if there is anything wrong with it send a email back to your retailer and they will replace it

jBUCKS420
09-25-2009, 01:41 PM
ALL bubbles and beakers are blown out and thinner than the rest of the tube.

I don't believe this to be true. When held up to the light, My DC 9mm beaker appears to be 9mm even down in the beaker section. You can look through the glass wall and follow it down the beaker and it clearly stays the same thickness and becomes maybe <1mm less thick in the bend of the beaker. I believe that with some worksmanship, a "true" consistent thickness isn't difficult to obtain. Ive seen it.

Tobybologna
09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't believe this to be true. When held up to the light, My DC 9mm beaker appears to be 9mm even down in the beaker section. You can look through the glass wall and follow it down the beaker and it clearly stays the same thickness and becomes maybe <1mm less thick in the bend of the beaker. I believe that with some worksmanship, a "true" consistent thickness isn't difficult to obtain. Ive seen it.
it's nice not to be picked at for once, all of my other tubes have very thick base edges, bases that I could lightly bump, even hit against many surfaces and have no problems at all. 1mm/wine glass thickness isn't acceptable for any area on a tube, IMO.

sibannac
09-25-2009, 04:16 PM

I don't think just looking at a curved piece of glass is a good way to tell how thick it is, throw some calipers on it but I'm sure it would be next to impossible right. It would have to be thinner because as you expand the tube out it has to get thinner to expand to make the beaker or bubble bottom. Its physics, for every action there is a reaction.

Just my 2 cents.

Golfin
09-25-2009, 05:01 PM
^Yes, its impossible for the beaker or bubble to not be thinner than the rest, UNLESS you build up an ungodly amount of glass.
Just part of how a bong is built.

And again, its glass, its bought with the knowledge that its fragile. Maybe glass isnt for you if youre contstantly knocking your bongs against something like a wild animal.
Ive broken a few very expensive pieces, with little effort sometimes, I dont blame anybody but myself. I would never blame the manufacturer or blower for a glass piece breaking after I knocked it against something; unless its sitting on the shelf and cracks into two pieces as your looking at it, its YOUR fault for breaking it.

Its got nothing to do with RooR. If you were trash talking Weedstar for the same reason, I would say the same thing.

asdf12
09-25-2009, 05:07 PM
2 xboxs would be the fucking shit, put each with its own tv and system link that bitch, get some friends, best CoD/halo gaming ever.

jBUCKS420
09-27-2009, 11:36 AM
I understand that if you took a tube all the same thickness and blew a bubble at the end that the bubble would be thinner than the rest of the tubing. But Why would they have to add an "ungodly" amount of glass for someone to make a beaker 9mm all the way around? Im no glassblower, but couldn't they add a little more glass to the bottom that is going to be blown out into the beaker shape, so that when its finished there is more glass at the bottom? if you look at the corner of the beaker part of this DC beaker I have, and knock on it, or tap it with something metal, it makes a nice thick tink noise, sounds solid and makes the same note as when I tap on the top part, and it looks visually to be the same thickness when I look at it from the side as when I look at the straight part from the side. I don't understand how you guys are saying people don't do this when they make beakers and that every single beaker is thinner at the base. NOONE adds glass to the bottom before blowing a beaker out? Why has NOONE accomplished this?

jBUCKS420
09-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't think just looking at a curved piece of glass is a good way to tell how thick it is

So If you follow a piece of glass with your eyes all the way down a tube, and the line of the inside of the bong and the line of the outside of the bong stay the same distance from eachother all the way down the tube, and it can clearly be observed and shown to other people who observe the same thing, why WOULDN'T you assume that the thickness is consistent? Just asking. I would have taken pictures but I don't think a camera would capture what I'm trying to explain.

Golfin
09-27-2009, 02:48 PM
US Tubes is the only company to go the extra mile to get their beakers and bubbles almost as thick as the rest of the tube.

themasochist
09-28-2009, 04:19 AM
basically its my girlfriends and she brought it over cause my DLC would only work on the original xbox i download the shit to ...
So i wanted to play my shit so she brought her xbox .. n it kinda just got left there ...

You do realize you can do a liscense transfer right?

sibannac
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
So If you follow a piece of glass with your eyes all the way down a tube, and the line of the inside of the bong and the line of the outside of the bong stay the same distance from eachother all the way down the tube, and it can clearly be observed and shown to other people who observe the same thing, why WOULDN'T you assume that the thickness is consistent? Just asking. I would have taken pictures but I don't think a camera would capture what I'm trying to explain.

Because the curve of the glass chages from the tube to the beaker base it gets less curved because the circumfrence has increased so it can change how it looks from the outside. Remember that magnifying glasses use curved glass to make things appear bigger.

Golfin
10-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Ive been happy with plenty of post 2007 ROoR pieces.
Including their percs.

I will say though, the older RooR percs looked better/cleaner. The new ones got 30 slits on em and just look too busy. I love how simple and clean the old RooR percs were. New ones still got the same quality, just not as clean looking.

And post up a pic of that RooR before you repair it, Id love to see it.
Might be a fake.

nickz0r
10-04-2009, 06:25 PM
NL #5 is that supposed to be a US or .DE roor? To me if its supposed to be a US, I think it may very well be a fake. One thing I distinktly notice on US v DE RooRs is how the bases are done. Nearly every straight tube US RooR ive seen has a flared base, the base on that tube is not really flared up at all. I have a 2ft 7mm RooR US, and looking at that I would say its considerably different compare to me. Also the signature on my tube is very vibrant, definantly placed and smooth, the one on yours is cool no doubt but it doesnt look very vibrant and as if it was slaped on there quickly at the end, this could just be a quality control thing. Also the ice pinches, can you get a better pic of them. US RooR and DE roors have very distinct ice pinches, I'm not sure how to explain it I just visually know when I see them. You have a perfect example Nl#5, on the orange label 3 arm roor beaker you got off me it had PERFECT US RooR ice pinches. Any tube that is less than 5mm should look exactly or deviant very slightly from the way the pinches look on the orange label. the only time ive notice a major deviation in us roor ice pinches is with the 7mm ones, they are more elongated and deeper into the tube. these are all things i've noticed when checking out roors at dementia where there are TONS to look at, you can notice any little flaw if you are looking at a huge batch for specific things.
i
looking back at your tube again, im pretty sure its legit, but the sig placement seems very janky to me. i think its legit because the ice pinches are placed on nearly the exact same spot they are on my tube. your label is considerably larger than mine though.

CerealKiller
10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Very odd find dread head. A find you NEVER wanna see! haha. But glad roor had your back.

Golfin
10-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Yea good luck getting a new label.
Thats unheard of.

420repair.com is RooR .us

phx36
10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Im glad your likin the 24'' roor perc still man. I miss that thing.

Golfin
10-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Thats why you should buy your glass in person, so you can inspect it and make sure its up to your standards.

There isnt a single company in the world who doenst put out a defective product once in a while. The bigger the company, the more its gonna happen.

usg543
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Thats why you should buy your glass in person, so you can inspect it and make sure its up to your standards.

There isnt a single company in the world who doenst put out a defective product once in a while. The bigger the company, the more its gonna happen.

not everyone has that luxury. some of us live in areas where headshops are non-existent. can't afford to jump on a plane or drive hours to the next state and back just for glass.

WhiteWall
10-09-2009, 03:28 PM
phx is the man anyone can trust that cat