PDA

View Full Version : weedcity custom roor

govegan
04-10-2009, 01:06 PM
hey, i was wondering if anyone ordered a custom build roor from weedcity.com? I ordered one right after christmas and haven't received it yet. I was told from a few other people that they sometimes take quite a while to get them, but its been well over three months at this point. Anyone know what the deal is with weedcity? I'm stoked as shit about my new Roor, if it ever gets here.

chronicuser1
04-10-2009, 09:26 PM
i was also thinking about getting one of those before i got stuck on toro. the custom ideas are so fucking awesome i wish every glass artist offered something like that. when it gets in make sure to post pictures. also what kind of custom decals did you get.

govegan
04-10-2009, 11:42 PM
this was what me and my girlfriend did for christmas for eachother, so its a christmas bong, with that being said... its the dealers cup with a green and red crown on it, ruby label with the ruby in it, gold ice pinches, plus the gold option bowl. I can't fucking wait for it to come in. So stoked.

EEbrew
04-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm considering ordering from weedcity but are they for sure legit?

govegan
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
i've heard from people over at grasscity that they're legit, just take their sweet time with custom orders... I don't know this first hand though.

slippeh
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I really wouldn't order from WC. I've heard from about 8-10 different people who got their $ taken from WC. I've also heard from about the same number of people who got their order but with huge delays and lots of stress. Sometimes it wasn't even the right order.

Be careful, but if you get your order nice.

BoricOxide
04-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Wasn't something going on with WC at one point? I remember reading a pinned thread on some forum ( I want to say GC) about how they aren't taking orders at that moment. That was a while ago though...hopefully things have changed because I want to order a custom as well.

stretchpuppy
04-14-2009, 01:53 PM
There is a sticky at TC about WC, which I didn't even read, and the changes they are/or/were going through. I believe a change of management (short version) but I haven't read about it in a couple weeks. The main dude is trying to start his own site or somethin.

That being said, about 2 years ago I ordered a custom tri-label from WC, it was my first roor, and came promptly and successfully. I admit I was sketched just off the name of the site and the newb factor the site seems to be made for, haha. Selling $600 and up glass and $2 acyilics + grape blunt wraps on the same site always make me raise an eyebrow.... but I guess it's covering all your bases.

I don't know what their current dealings are like though.

dutchmastakilla
04-14-2009, 02:42 PM
WC is legit. i placed an order through them at the end of february. it was quoted for 4 weeks, and he received it from roor alil before 4 weeks. he then shipped it promptly with tracking info. however, it was seized in customs in NJ and they are destroying it!!!! such bullshit...anyways, im not at a complete loss cuz the owners a legit and trustworthy guy. hes covering me for a replacement so im good. it'll probably just take a while =(

i think your biggest fears should be, 1: time, and 2: customs. dont worry bout WC, they are legit.

govegan
04-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for everybody's input. On the website they said they took care of all the shipping issues, I believe some of the issues had to deal with his wifey, I'm not positive on that though