PDA

View Full Version : would this work?

jah240
04-13-2009, 11:55 PM
i was just thinking could you make a set of 8 screens from 220 micron to 25 like bubble bags but for dry sift and achive different grades of dry sift?

YukonBikerGuy
04-14-2009, 01:36 AM
check here: http://www.bubblebag.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24&osCsid=52393372d72a35ec79bb4afe2d473f03

jah240
04-14-2009, 04:07 PM
ya i know about the bubble box my idea is to add more screens

hashcat
04-28-2009, 03:17 AM
i think you would lose too much in all those screens. or you just wouldnt have enough sift total to get a reasonable amount of each. dry sift is a whole different story when it comes to quality/yield ratios.

anyone else?

Kif it Kunta
05-01-2009, 12:22 AM
i think you would lose too much in all those screens. .anyone else?

ok, I'll bite....for starters, nothing is lost going through the screens, it is merely separated into different sizes - the resin either remains on the plant material or it passes through the mesh(es), the amount of resin head that is trapped in the mesh is extremely miniscule (use a magnifying glass and you'll see what I mean)

or you just wouldnt have enough sift total to get a reasonable amount of each

not true....not having enough all depends on the starting material (quantity and how much resin is there in the first place).

dry sift is a whole different story when it comes to quality/yield ratios.

yes it is..the first gentle "run" will have a lower % of contaminant (non-active broken up plant matter) than the following runs

alot of people are under the impression that by simply running plant material through a vibrating stack of 5 or 6 coarse to fine meshes will result in the best quality dry sift...if making bubbling dry sift was that easy we would be seeing alot more of it..but there's more to it than that. The vibrating stack will separate the resin heads into different sizes, but so will be the non-active crap too.

one way whether you are working with a single screen or the new set of four dry sifting screens that this site is selling now is to do a gentle first run for quality, then a second more aggressively worked run to remove all the resin heads.

Happy Dry Sifting

Kif it Kunta
05-01-2009, 12:26 AM
ya i know about the bubble box my idea is to add more screens

diy is great, but for those who want purpose built dry sifting screens click on the banner at the top of this page, search for dry sifting screens (four meshes, the top mesh is stainless steel..and they work very well!)

jah240
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
thanks for awnsering my question