PDA

View Full Version : Organic Pesticide

govegan
04-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Anyone have any good ideas/recipes for organic pesticides that you can make yourself? Thanks in advance.

YukonBikerGuy
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
There are several recipies online. Two I have used:

Cyanne pepper and garlic simmered and then strained out of water, spray the water on as insect repellant. gets washed off easy tho.

Neem oil and a couple drops of dishsoap in water as a spray. This is a repellant, kills some insects and b/c of the oil sticks on a bit better. I use this 1 indoors all the time and its good to treat and prevent Powdery Mildew as well.

govegan
04-20-2009, 04:30 AM
It's going to be outside, but I'd presume it would work the same... just wear off quicker due to weather, but the neem oil seems like a good beat. Thanks man.

Razz
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
neem oil is nasty!

Mr. Freeman
06-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Anymore organic pesticides?

What kind of pests will the cynne pepper and garlic work for?

Peace

Mr. Freeman
06-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Are these commercial?

I need something commercial and organic and in moderate quantities...

Thanks midwestganja.

Peace

Aequitas_7
07-02-2009, 03:24 AM
Azatrol or Azamax. It's Azadirachtin, the active ingredient in neem, that has been extracted. It disrupts the life cycle of many pests, forcing premature hatching, killing adults, making it difficult for them to breed. Available in several sizes. Highly concentrated, effective, and pricey.

toob
07-02-2009, 03:54 AM
ill vouch for azatrol, stops mites in their tracks.

Al-K-Mist
01-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Yes. It does. Do not use Neem or Azatrol/Azamax past week 2(in my opinion) of flowering. Many people say week 4.
One other that warrants inspection is D-limonene, or more simply, orange oil. Google its uses as insecticide, termite repellant, etc.
Dont panic, its organic.
Also used are rosemary oil, peppermint oil...I am sure the list goes on. fragrant essential oils are probably plant defenses against insects.

arkady
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Lots of different pesticides are 'organic' ddt is 'organic' so is spinosad, Bti, and a few others. Spinosad gets lots of use out in the emerald triangle, as it kills caterpillers and moths and butterflys and well just about any insect in your grow. bti is a little more selective and dont use ddt.

I like to include a little neemcake in my potting mix. I also dont use spinosad, but I do use bti against fungus gnats. I just wanted to include these for your information if you google your way around integrated pest management you will find a poopton of great .edu links that will help you out with your specific pest issues.

also without knowing the pest we are fighting its hard to tell you what to use. :)

Daveytree
01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Seeing as you are looking for a pesticide, I'm guessing it's a bit of an emergency otherwise there are other (slower) ways of getting rid of pests -- it also depends on *what* you are trying to kill. In the past I've always used the cayenne and garlic recipe YBG mentioned.... that is, when my ladybugs and wasps didn't get to them first ;-)

What particular pest are you trying to get rid of, and where on the plant are they located?