PDA

View Full Version : Medicali Glass

follow1yourpath
05-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey FMB. I just bought a Medicali four tree perc last night. This morning, I awake, session it up right quickly with some bubble. Then I go to change the water, remove the down stem.. BOOM. A solid little chip right on the left side of the joint. A little later on, I go to remove the down stem.. BOOM. Another solid chip on the left side of the joint. I mean other than this joint chip drama I'm enjoying the hell out of my new tube but I was curious to see what you guys all think, have heard, and experianced with Medicali.

Dread_head_420
05-03-2009, 05:28 PM
never owned one my self. But after hearing this i probably never will.
i heard they were stepping up, but apparntly not lol

EEbrew
05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
I'd compare them to illa.

follow1yourpath
05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
How did I know you would say that EEbrew.. But I own both and their way differint functioning tubes brother man.

DCALLSTARR
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I owned a Medicali, they're cheap (unless you buy them in philly) and affordable glass. mine worked great. although the perc was a little off balance but it didnt affect the function of it, all 4 arms worked but it was just noticable visually.

Other than that slight imperfection mine was great. i got a EHLE diffy for it and a KC inline and it was the shit for a while then i sold it and just got my SG setup!

YukonBikerGuy
05-04-2009, 02:06 PM
My wife and I have had a few Gear bongs and ashcatchers that have had the joints chip off in the same way when removing the downstem. I stopped buying Gear glass. Never had a Medicali.

follow1yourpath
05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
What is this gear glass?

Bongwater420
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
gear is a canadian made bong company i think they mass produce glass if in incorrect then correct me

Blunts R US
05-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Yea gear does a lot of mass production not many special features in there pieces. If i had to compare gear to one company i would say that Pure glass tubes look eactly the same all different styles. And as far as medicali goes i don't have one but hit my buddy's the other night and he said he had a problem where the diffuser got stuck in the joint on the tube and he had to use oils to get it unstuck. So i'm thinking they might have problems with the joints they make. Hope this helps.

mr.roorstein_rw
05-04-2009, 04:57 PM
ya the joints are chinese thats the problem

YukonBikerGuy
05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
I think the entire lineup of Gear is made in China, not just the joints.

DCALLSTARR
05-04-2009, 10:24 PM
wow, i cant believe the amount of complaints people make just because its made in china. because it is produced there, they save so much money and can pass that on to the consumer. you can buy a two tree perc PURE that is plenty sturdy enough with two 4arm tree percs, reinforced for like 300 or less. honestly its a deal and a half.

for those out there without ENDLESS amounts of money, or even those who just don't have 400+ to drop on a crazy high end piece, medicali is the way to do for sure.

When i bought my medicali, it cost 249 for a 20 inch medicali, 4 arm perc, splash guard and diffuser. I upgraded and bought an EHLE diffuser and it made that beaker clear so fast and was such a good buy compared to your regular slitted diffuser. So i say a Medicali for 250 plus a 50 dollar diffy and you have yourself one HELL of a nice, practical, economical tube with great diffusion and etc.

Syn
05-04-2009, 11:14 PM
I almost never say anything bad about any company, but......as someone who has done many repairs on many tubes both for the user as well as the store, I have seen many, many medicalis that broke before they were ever used. They seldom clean the scuzz off the cut at the bottom of the tree, if you look you will see the line where the tree was attatched, kind of a milky scummy line, this weakens the tree and causes the breaks. I know several store that have dropped the line from their stores entirely.

the price you paid DC sounds like roughly the price of a Lux or even one of ours.

Buying a less exspensive tube is cool, but if it breaks, 2 less exspensive tubes cost more than a good one, and with collectors better tubes hold or increase in value.

Just my opinion of course.

DCALLSTARR
05-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Oh for sure, i agree FatMike with the quality thing, 2 low quality tubes equal 1 high end which will likely last longer.

All im saying is Medicali is like any low end but somewhat quality glass company such as Pure, Phire, etc.
If you dont have the money to buy a SG, Toro, Roor or any other highend glass company. its a decent choice

EEbrew
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
. you can buy a two tree perc PURE that is plenty sturdy enough with two 4arm tree percs, reinforced for like 300 or less. honestly its a deal and a half.

not if you have good taste.

Hennessy1414
05-05-2009, 12:43 AM
^^^whatever fool getting high is getting high.

I think a lot of our stoney asses forget that FACT

EEbrew
05-05-2009, 12:50 AM
some people can appreciate the aesthetic value of something, most can not.

DCALLSTARR
05-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Would I buy it no. is it the perfect thing for someone else? hell yeah

I just got a brand new SG set up, all the bells and whistles. new reinforced perc arms, inverted tree. 4 arm A/C and i couldnt be happier!

i guess all im saying is "to each their own"

YukonBikerGuy
05-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Gear was my introduction to owning Gong, so thos cheap chinese pieces do have thier place too, but not for people who have progressed beyond a basic GonG rig. Just my ramblings...

Blunts R US
05-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Not just ramblings yukon i feel you on that. when you get your first piece its cheaper because your young and then you eventually learn what you like in a piece as you get more pieces and more often then not they get much higher quality and price as time goes on.