View Full Version : 5 gal, 4 bags question about methods

tonkatsu
05-12-2009, 05:14 PM
what does everyone think about these differing methods/ techniques:

1-wooden spoon or metal spoon by hand
2-electric mixer
3-drill
4-how long to mix by hand
5-how long to mix with a tool (mixer/drill)
6-1 or 2 runs
7-how to use pressing screen
8-cure or no cure

thanks all. i've been makin bubble from my trimmings for a year or so now. (thanks YBG, your assistance helped me emensly) just wondering how everyone feels about their technique. maybe it'll help me and others refine our processes to make even better bubble.

Green Supreme
05-12-2009, 05:23 PM
If I had to mix without the Bubblenow I would mix with a wooden spoon for 10 minutes. Mixing must be vigorous, with lots of white bubbles. Then next run mix as long as you want ,by any other method for your second run if you choose to do one. I give the once mixed material to a friend that makes canna butter with it after. I place the drying screen on a dish towel before I start, as I remove hash from the bags it goes on the screen. I never press, by the time I am done pulling bags and cleaning up the hash is dry enough to chop. Never press it traps water inside. Once chopped to powder on cardboard I let it dry for 4 days. Good luck. Peace GS

Bubbleman
05-12-2009, 07:14 PM
A couple good tips for making killer bubble...
Never sacrifice your first run.. mix as gently as you can... a bubblenow mixs perfectly
a hand stired mix also will do a great job, if you mix for about ten minutes or so...
A cake mixer on absolutely low and mixed for 3 minutes will produce also a nice first quality..
As for running the same material a second time, you can now do as you please.Many want to get as much as they can. so they think Beat it. Well here is your chance. beat your material for a second chance, and see what comes out> are you interested in smoking that or giving it away..
sometimes both end up a simliiar quality, but often they don't.
Putting your material into the bucket of ice and water and bags and letting it sit for ten to fifteen minutes is also a good tip> the material will get extremly cold in that time, and your mixing will be that more efficient because of it.>

let us know how it works out..

Bubble man

tonkatsu
05-13-2009, 09:33 PM
thanks for the responses--green supreme & bubbleman. i did a run of some lsd(strain) yesterday. 145 grams of popcorn & frosty trim, let chill in ice water for 20 min., mixed w/wooden spoon for 10 min, placed wet patties on pressing screen on towel, removed to chop on cardboard. the 25 looks a little green, but the 74 looks a nice tan color. thanks for the assistance. don't know yield yet, but it looks like more than i thought it was gonna be.

another q: i want to order 2 more screens. i was thinking a 45 and not sure which other, what do you all reccomend?? heres some pics of yesterdays 'hash bash'. maybe not, i can't attach pics. maybe next time...

thanks again.

YukonBikerGuy
05-13-2009, 09:54 PM
The 90µ bag is often producing my favorite hashes. The 45µ is often quite terpenous and flamable, but tasty in its own way. In a nice short mix with primo material, the 120µ is also granular and melty.

Blunts R US
05-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I am new to all this bubble hash making (didn't even know how it worked till a week ago) but i was just wondering, would putting your trim or buds in a freezer before mixing them make the trichromes more brittle and likely to fall off easier? or is this just a waste of time because just using it in the icewater will do the same?

Green Supreme
05-14-2009, 12:37 AM
If the trim is frozen it means it will warm the water in the bucket less keeping the material in the bucket colder. Yes I would say freezing the material is good whether it be dry or fresh material. Good luck. Peace GS

ps. tonk get them all if you want the best quality

tonkatsu
05-14-2009, 02:03 AM
after reading from you, GS, and YBG, i was thinking, and will be buying the other 4 ( all ) bags on pay day....
thanks again, i wish i could put pics up, but i don't know whats up. you all have helped me alot... just wish i could show you...:sick1: