PDA

View Full Version : Clipping during flowering

fizoster
05-16-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm about 4 weeks into flowering, and I want to make sure that my buds end up with as little leaf as possible. Should I be clipping now or should I only clip them once I cut the plant down? Thanks all!

YukonBikerGuy
05-16-2009, 05:23 AM
The leaves on the cannabis plant are the solar panels that power the bud making machine. Unless the leaves are already yellow or dying, leave them on. Some folks dont clip at all till right as they come down.

Bongwater420
05-16-2009, 06:29 AM
ye biker guy is right i trimmed some leaves on my first grow wrong idea lol

fizoster
05-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Alright good thing I didn't do it haha. I knew that fan leaves gave energy to the plant but not all the leaves..I'll have some updated pics soon. Thanks a lot guys. Especially you YBG, you've given me a lot of advice and I really appreciate it.

johnnyballbag
05-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Hey fizoster...for future reference, the general rule of thumb for pruning is you can prune up through week 2 of flowering, anything past that and you risk sacrificing yield.

DCALLSTARR
05-16-2009, 01:46 PM
hmm i tend to also prune about a week or less before i plan on harvesting. just to get sunlight into the inside of the plant where it hadn't been due to it being so bushy.

i sweat it turns the stem into one HUGE cola on the top. wowzers..

Evergreen
05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
yeah, I don't know shit about growing, but i would say, try to keep from pulling of a leaf unless it is dying.

johnnyballbag
05-16-2009, 05:43 PM
^^ Haha. Everything alright Evac? Just kiddin bro... I just saw a thread on another forum about "pruning leaves to increase yield," and people would literally argue about how great it works. Removing leaves to increase yield is like cutting off your legs to help you swim faster. I don't know shit about swimming, but i would say, keep those legs. Haha

YukonBikerGuy
05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
hmm i tend to also prune about a week or less before i plan on harvesting. just to get sunlight into the inside of the plant where it hadn't been due to it being so bushy.

i sweat it turns the stem into one HUGE cola on the top. wowzers..

Done it on occasion, take off a couple big leaves that were shading some of the mid level buds so they can ripen for the last week or so.

Hey fizoster...for future reference, the general rule of thumb for pruning is you can prune up through week 2 of flowering, anything past that and you risk sacrificing yield.

Ya, that sounds about right man, tho I generally do the last pune (severe prune) just as I flip to 12/12 (pic1). It looks like I was intent on killing these, but they still finish big bushy plants in the end with nice uniform buds (pic2, is not at the end but you can see they fill out along the way). They grew in size about another %30 after the light change and prune.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/day3aMedium.JPG
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/Day34Medium.JPG

johnnyballbag
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm gonna have to agree further with YBG, as i personally RARELY prune my plants. Just wanted to point out the somewhat standard accepted 2 week window of pruning in the flowering cycle.

winspence3
05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Nice looking ladies YBG :)