PDA

View Full Version : Roor.de in America

gbk.xscape
05-18-2009, 10:02 AM
So I was in my local headshop today. (Da Glassworks in San Diego for those of you local) I picked up a 3 chamber, 2 perc American Roor. I started asking him about his straight tubes and he said they were American straight tube roors. He said that it is illegal to import glass like this so no store could EVER have it in America. He said that people cannot even order them online but people order from EDIT all the time right? I'm just wondering if this guy is full of shit or can shops really not get german glass here in america? And does anyone know a way to tell a difference between an American and a German roor by like sig or logo placement?

Dread_head_420
05-18-2009, 10:06 AM
as far as i know roor.de wont ship deal with any american shops

many ways to tell the diff.

sig,Mouth peice, shape if beaker,colour is also a good way to tell the germans like to keep sizes (thickness) colour coded ;)

hope that helps
dread_head

hearmeroor
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
hehehe I have a place that stocks roor.de...so if you're really interested hit me up...and yes it's real german roors...ask many of the members on here who have purchased them...954zobkid, onsilverwings, gimpymoses, mastakush, bubbak, toob...many people have purchased german roors from me

GoTKuSH?
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
^^^ i know the same place...bought one a while back...100% legit .de roors

EEbrew
05-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I never take anything a shop owner tells me seriously , most of them don't know shit and are just out there trying to make a $. Yes you can order them yourself from sites like www.everyonedoesit.com and www.weedcity.com. a couple stores in north america stock german roors. ONe would be a shop in toronto I believe, my friend is ordering his dream custom from there. there is also "laughing budda" in FL, though they stock super sick glass a couple people have had problems with them in the past.

your best bet for a german and not have to fuck with customs is to pm hearmeroor.

YukonBikerGuy
05-18-2009, 04:41 PM
There is much confusion around the subject of de RooRs in the USA. Richard got the rights to produce bongs under the RooR brand name in the US, which I believe (dont quote me on this) included some kind of clause about selling german made RooR in the US. EDIT 'sells' in the UK and online, and there are a very few states that they will ship glass to, though some may have friendly reshippers in another country when they really wanted 1 (look up the Tommy Chong debacle, and you will see how they made importing bongs illegal some places in the US). RooR US started making prodo bongs with percs in them, which the germans really have a disagreement with, due to quality issues. That seems to be the crux of the difference between the 2 as well. German RooR are very concerned with quality, each bong that goes out is quality control inspected by a great guy I met at the cup last year. They feel that the percs cannot be done correctly and efficiently, and so wont put them into prodo pieces. (there is a RooR.de in the Amsterdam shop with a perc in it, the HT CC entry from 2007, just for show though) US RooR is about mass production, using the quality of the RooR brand name, but putting out glass of lesser quality. The people want percs, so put them in, even if they are not 'perfect'.... well RooR.de wasn't too thrilled on that, enter the rebranded LUX scientific as an outlet for RooR style bongs with non-roor type features, and I believe that RooR US has stopped producing percd bongs now as well (again don't quote me). All in all it seems like a bit of a mess at the moment, an ongoing developmental sorta situation. There are a few scources for RooR.de glass in the US, and I get the feeling that soon there will be some other 'officially authorized' RooR.de avalable from a place or 2 in the US, as well as from places like our awesome forum here. :)

Dread_head_420
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
thc in toronto
or Liquid chrome in Barrie.

and yes Hearmeroor does get authentic german roors

Bongwater420
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
thc in toronto
or Liquid chrome in Barrie.

and yes Hearmeroor does get authentic german roors

you just named two of the best head shops thnks
i havent been to both been busy with work but im going to do some traveling around on Thursday see what kind of head shop reviews i can come up with thnks for the reminder dread

hearmeroor
05-18-2009, 07:42 PM
thanks for all the good feedback guys...yea whatever you'd like I can get...Customs, icemasters, fairmasters, beakers, 5.0, 7.0. Anything you want. Customs usually take 2-3 months to be completed depending on the detail you'd like, but you can have any worked sections put in it, reductions, crowns on top and bottom or around the sections...all depends on what you want to spend...but if any of you all are really interested just hit me up...

Blunts R US
05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
The people want percs, so put them in, even if they are not 'perfect'.... well RooR.de wasn't too thrilled on that, enter the rebranded LUX scientific as an outlet for RooR style bongs with non-roor type features

So does this mean that LUX is made by RooR de.? If so i have a new greater respect for LUX.

Glassaholic
05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
So does this mean that LUX is made by RooR de.? If so i have a new greater respect for LUX.
No Lux is made by RooR US, .de RooR didn't like RooR US making percs (or even bent necks I believe) so US RooR created a sister company and called it Lux so they could continue to do what they like), something must have happened though because I think US RooR has started making perced RooRs again as well though I could be wrong.

gbk.xscape
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Well they started again and now have stopped. I picked up the last perc'd RooR.us in my store in San Diego. He says they aren't making anymore...

Glassaholic
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't take the word of a store owner, they know bugger all. If it doesn't come as a news release from RooR US I wouldn't believe any rumour lol.

Blunts R US
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the knowledge glassaholic.

EEbrew
05-20-2009, 12:32 AM
those store owners don't know shit.

roor us is back to making percs again.

how do i know, because a local shop have roor percs with new style splash guards and 5 arm trees.

hearmeroor
05-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Well all I know is that EEbrew just picked up a real german and will be really happy with it...thats a fact

EEbrew
05-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Why do you think eebrew bought that tube and not that over priced old school roor. us perc.

phx36
05-20-2009, 04:57 AM
EEbrew, your a tool.

EEbrew
05-20-2009, 05:41 AM
what ever fool. maybe hadn't you been so unreasonable thinking your older roor was worth a whole lot more than it is, it might have sold...

ToRo Head
05-31-2009, 07:18 AM
German roors will deal with american headshops they just want alot of money to do so. my local shop was gonna carry roors but roor wanted the first order to b 10 thousand dollors and everyone comes to their store for toros so if they spend 10gs on one company they cant sell toros anymore then. so they said no and it is not illegal to have glass shipped overseas as long as its brand new!

BiG H3rB Tr3E
06-03-2009, 03:49 AM
So I was in my local headshop today. (Da Glassworks in San Diego for those of you local) I picked up a 3 chamber, 2 perc American Roor. I started asking him about his straight tubes and he said they were American straight tube roors. He said that it is illegal to import glass like this so no store could EVER have it in America. He said that people cannot even order them online but people order from EDIT all the time right? I'm just wondering if this guy is full of shit or can shops really not get german glass here in america? And does anyone know a way to tell a difference between an American and a German roor by like sig or logo placement?

a friend of mine had a bunch of blank roor style beakers with the RooR label slapped on it and selling it at their price. pretty much identical to the GnOB's. people come in and see the RooR, and think they scoring some sweet glass. ahh.. dont you love "buyer beware"

Aud
06-03-2009, 04:06 AM

no lux was made by the roor US camp, just without the roor name.

Anyways YBG, I thought it was opposite, and that LUX was made by roor.us before they got the go ahead to put the roor logo on it, and that LUX's are no longer being produced while roor US perc'd tubes are being put out.

amtbps
06-03-2009, 04:27 AM
no lux was made by the roor US camp, just without the roor name.

Anyways YBG, I thought it was opposite, and that LUX was made by roor.us before they got the go ahead to put the roor logo on it, and that LUX's are no longer being produced while roor US perc'd tubes are being put out.

Even though just recently it has been decided that RooR.us won't be doing perc's for a bit...according to a local shop owner.

Ripvanwinkle420
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
German roors will deal with american headshops they just want alot of money to do so. my local shop was gonna carry roors but roor wanted the first order to b 10 thousand dollors and everyone comes to their store for toros so if they spend 10gs on one company they cant sell toros anymore then. so they said no and it is not illegal to have glass shipped overseas as long as its brand new!

First of all to be even considered to sell roor.us they have to have scouts coem to your store and make sure that you have enough "traffic" to the store...they dont wanna be seelling to some liil shit store downtown or sum shit....once you get accepted to sell RooR 10 Gs is only like 30 tubes or so plus ashctchers diffusers stands slides ashtrays mugs.....(LUX if they want)
10 GS sounds like alot but if you go into GOTHAM they have like 2 or 3 tubes that add to 10Gs
Back to the toro part aswell.....10Gs in Toro is like 15-20 Sick Tubes
So please tell me how would if be harder to sell Roor when theres more of it than the toro
Im not ranking on roor at all i love there quality and glass but even GOTHAM dont even carry roor casue they said they do not get enogh "traffic".......for being the best glass gallery in the US....they dont get wnohg trafffic.....LOL w.e roors loss i guess cause they would fly in that place
Also i think itsw cause boodah dont want any of that shit in his gallery

EDIT: GOTHAM is now MOVING becasue of the recent law in suffol county to ban all sales of waterpipes or any glass made to hold water with
I would supect they move to oyster bay...mad land and plus is right on the water...heard them sayin some shit about that 2 who knows

And sry fo the huge rant =D just wanted to throw out my 2 cents

a friend of mine had a bunch of blank roor style beakers with the RooR label slapped on it and selling it at their price. pretty much identical to the GnOB's. people come in and see the RooR, and think they scoring some sweet glass. ahh.. dont you love "buyer beware"

Wow can someone say doushbag?....selling off fake roors and saying that there real is really shitty dude....i wouldent trust this guy

hyhyz
06-21-2009, 02:09 PM
I've heard it's not illegal (correct me if wrong), but im basing this judgment on the fact a head shop about 4 hours away from me, Laughing Buddha in Miami, sells Roor.de and yes they are legit. So, i don't think they are illegal just cause laughin buddha is running a HUGE risk if they are by selling them, and i've been there a few times and the people there know their glass so, i don't think they would risk confiscation by police.

gbk.xscape
06-22-2009, 07:18 PM
After reading this forum for a while I would rather just buy on here than ever try to scout out a shop that sells "legit" roor's....

DCALLSTARR
06-23-2009, 02:25 AM
hehehe I have a place that stocks roor.de...so if you're really interested hit me up...and yes it's real german roors...ask many of the members on here who have purchased them...954zobkid, onsilverwings, gimpymoses, mastakush, bubbak, toob...many people have purchased german roors from me

i can also attest to this mans .de roor's! they are FOR REAL .de roor's no fakes, no reproductions, no replica's.. all authentic .de's!

OnSilverWings
06-23-2009, 03:24 AM
^^i can as well. in fact, hopefully tomorrow ill have some pics of the custom icemaster ive been patiently waiting for. :):) cant wait!!