PDA

View Full Version : Bruising trichrome heads

bonapartist
01-14-2008, 05:50 AM
I've heard it's possible to damage your hash by pressing it while it's still wet, since the broken trich heads get bruised and degrade easier. Which made me think, given that your hash is completely dry, is it possible to damage the potency or longevity of your smoke by working it too much? Some people press and repress and roll their hash into balls and snakes and miniatures bust of Julius Caesar - can this degrade it?

Bubbleman
01-16-2008, 11:58 PM
well bonapartist, let me start by saying that when people mention degregation i think 99% of them are refering to information they read in rob clarkes book HASHISH. In his book he talks about some tests that were run for degregation using third world imported hash. They found the thc percentages to drop quite a bit each year, having had pressed the hash, this ruptures the wax membranes , which makes it easier for oxygen and light to work its magic. HOwever these hash's were of fairly low thc already. I dont think you can apply the same logic to the hash we make now adays that is 30 to 60% thc depending on your tools and starting materials. I know i have personaly smoked 14 year old dry sift that was full melt, and it got me wicked high> No doubt about it.
I dont think nepaly or indian could compare on the same level> If you smoked 14 year old indian charas, you would see much like i have ( i've smoked 12 year old stuff), it had little to no affect.

Now to address something else you mentioned in your question> The pressing of wet hash> doesnt ruin the hash because it ruptures the wax membranes, but because it allows the moisture that is still present to contaiminate the precious oils and cannabinoid profile that resides inside. The worst thing you can do is press wet bubble. Such a pity to come so close to having perfect hash, and then ruin it at the end.
Hope that helps.

peace
Bubble man

the disclosure
01-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Does gently squeezing the whole mass of wet bubble in a piece of sieve to remove a part of the excess water ruin it this much??
thx.

Bubbleman
01-17-2008, 12:58 AM
No, it certainly doesnt td, you can gently press the heads with no problem, it realy takes quite a bit of pressure to pop those waxmembranes.

Peace
Bubbleman

Evergreen
02-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I have broken the mambranes before I knew what I was doing, let me tell you. It really sucks and can ruin your product completely. I always dry it for about 2 days now that I know what im doin

Green Supreme
04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Dude, your reaching. What does that stuff have to do with you and why do you feel it necessary to discuss other folks finances when neither of the people you are talking about is you. You seem to be of high moral fibre here. {Sorry I use the term rather loosely}. Keep talkin your showing folks who you really are . Good luck with the shti slinging thing. Its very becoming.Peace GS

Dianamite
04-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks to Adam of THSeeds people learned not to "bruise the fruit".
He is a distirbutor still, because you still owe him money from 2006. When you going to get this years model HoodLamb for sale???

As the person who handles the bookkeeping, I'm not aware of us owing any money to Adam. He can contact me [email protected] if he feels that we owe him money.

In terms of the Hoodlambs, we are currently selling the winter 2007/08 line and anticipate the arrival of the Spring/Summer 2008 line in a couple of weeks. Winter 2008 comes out in September.

Diana

Green Supreme
04-10-2008, 12:10 AM
All this theoretical talk about bruised heads. Seems a picture of said bruises is in order. Seems like if its a common thing we'd have seen pics of it. Not saying pics aren't out there, just that those who are trying to teach need more than words to get it across. Good luck with that. Peace GS

Green Supreme
04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Nuff said. Peace GS

fullmeltbubble
04-11-2008, 02:15 AM
aren't you the guy who used to put his hash through a meat grinder? mr I don't bruise my fruit....

hef
04-11-2008, 03:06 AM
holy shit man! that is a hefty chunk of bubble in that 73 bag...my god man...im jjealous

Green Supreme
04-11-2008, 04:36 PM
So bruise the fruit refers to trapping of water in hash powder and not with damaging the heads in general. Well now you really have me lost. Seems the choice of term was incorrect too. Seems bruising the fruit would refer more to abuse of the resin head due to pressure or some blunt trauma, not the incurrence of mold or fungus etc. from wet bubble. Can you please clarify. You had me thinkin about the pressure it takes for damage not trapped water. Sounds kinda screwy. Peace GS

ps. I know you are but what am I. There beat you to the punch hahahaha

Green Supreme
04-11-2008, 05:29 PM
So I was right ,the term bruising the fruit has a nothing to do with trichome bruising and everything to do with drying process. Seems whoever chose the term bruising the fruit didn't really know what they meant. You see a bruise is a contusion caused by blunt trauma. The fruit I figure should refer to the heads seeing as they are the fruit to be harvested. Bruises are not what is created by this process mold is. So if you are trying to clear things up here I would have to say you have not done a good job. Please expain yourself or drop it. Peace GS

Green Supreme
04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
So the bruised fruit is not the problem. Its the water trapped by pressing wet hash. Well this means I am right and bruised fruit is an incorrect term. You see what you are describing with the term is different than what you are talking about. You are talking about damage caused by excess water being trapped in the hash powder. Your bruise the fruit topic should actually be called a method for preventing molds in hash powder. As someone who listens to Bubbleman in chat a lot I can say I have never heard him tell people to squeeze the shit out of the hash in this screen. Every incident I have heard he tells them to press very lightly. Its easy to harp on the past, but then there you are living in the past. The past is the best part of some peoples lives, so they try to drag others into the past to enjoy what little they had. Get over the past and move on in things. You have made your drying point on this site several times already. Throwing the same shit at people over and over will only drive them further from your point. I mean I kinda see what you are saying, but the malice involved is clouding you arguement. Never seen a guy wanna be right so bad, or more to the point, never seen anyone put so much energy into proving someone wrong. Time must be no commodity to you. Good luck man. I'm sure you have some good experience in amongst all that anger. Peace GS

ps. it seems I am the only one interested in you here and I have lost my interst. There you did it again

fizoster
04-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Seriously, I've only been a member on this site for less than two months. However, in this short span, I have never received bad information from Bubbleman. If you don't like it resina, why don't you stop posting here. You obviously like it here if you keep coming back so often.