PDA

View Full Version : Quick Bubblebag Questions

mayan2012
01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi all...I'm a big proponent of the bubblebag method. Love it and have been doing it for a few years!! Alas, I live south of the border, in Mordor, and am limited to using bud at this present juncture in time. There could definitely be worst fates (than having to use bud...not to living in a neo-police state)!! However, I wanted to ask the panel of experts as to:

1. How efficient is the bubblebag method for bud? In other words, I can definitely understand how effective it is for trim -which wouldn't be smoked otherwise - but is there any reason to believe that the cold water extraction method doesn't efficiently remove all or most of the precious trichromes that beckon on the bud and that another method -eating or vaporizing- or just plain smoking - gives better bang for the (de-valued) buck? I intend to break the bud up as much as possible and will probably use the bag method at any rate. I also realize that there's probably no scientific test . Still, I'm interested as to whether the canniboscenti think that trichome harvest is anywhere close to efficient using the bag method.

2. Which leads me to...Is the second go-round worth it? Everytime I've done the stir method and then put the material for a second -more vigorous- go round, I've been much less impressed with the quality of what gets extracted. To the point where I'm not sure it's worth it. It doesn't make sense that the trichromes being harvested the second time around would be of lesser quality...it seems more likely that there's more plant by-product...but still. I'm not sure it's really been worth it...except for filler. (Although I guess an additional 15 minutes is not really that high of a price to pay for something ingestible) Please feel free to render your opinions and disabuse me of this notion...

Thanks so much...
I will be interested in the community's take on these questions.

fullmeltbubble
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
as for effeicency your gonna get more yield using sugar trim than whole buds...personally I'd run a 9 minute first mix....than a 15 min mix....the reason sugar trim works better is there's more surface area per trich....but as for quality both bud and trim bubble are pretty darn close to being equal...

its also a personal matter. Would you rather have a lot of bud or a good sized chunk of the FMCD goodness?

mayan2012
01-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Whew! That was fast!!!! Thanks for the fast reply, Full Melt Bubble. And timely - as I'm just about to begin the Great Art in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately, I would much prefer to be using sugar trim or have enough self-produced bud to not worry about trifles. Alas...that's not currently possible. Of course, my vast preference is for the bubble...I'm just trying to figure out whether much of what's on the bud is going to be wasted, particularly at the prices at which a good bag of bud is going for. Thanks for the timing suggestion, however!

Bubbleman
01-28-2008, 05:00 PM
hey mayan, never worry about how much will be lost. As if you efficient and using the right tools, you can make it very minimal> Bottom line is like fmb said, would you rather have some diluted resin on bud, or a nice chunk of unadulterated cannabinoid profile, ie full melt bubble hash.

Peace
Bubble man

mayan2012
02-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Excellent. Definitely my choice of delivery...I will proceed in good conscience...my path is clear! Thanks, Bubbleman.

What is your thought regarding the second run...Worthwhile? I haven't been impressed by the second run's gleanings. I get a fair amount and the color isn't bad (not dark green or anything.) But the potency invariably seems much reduced. Is it because the ratio of plant contaminant is much higher? I wouldn't think that the trichrome quality would be different. OTOH, maybe others have had different results.

mayan2012
05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Just bumping this for further understanding regarding the second run. In my experience, the second run is vastly inferior. To the point of not seeming to be worthwhile. I can get good amounts, but the quality is just dismal, even in the upper grades. Can someone explain to me why this would be?

It's not as if the color is that much difference...Theoretically, it would seem to me that it's primarily the trichromes that would be filtering down. Are these "inferior" trichromes, somehow? Or is it just that there's so much crap that comes through that the quality is inferior - no matter what it looks like. I've come up with delicious first runs where the second run is just "meh" at best.

BTW, I'm still doing this by hand with a wooden spoon. However, I'm contemplating foregoing the second run at this point because it just doesn't seem worth it but I was wondering whether folks have had different experiences that would warrant my continuing to labor to squeeze stuff out.

Thanks!!

Green Supreme
05-11-2008, 05:50 PM
If you are like me its all about accessing the best hash. This for the most part is in the first run. If you feel let down by the second run and find it a waste of time you can do as I do and give the used material to someone who makes butter{or do it yourself} .It still makes very good butter for cooking after only one run. I have a thread here http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177&page=2 starts at post 16. A friend and I made hash. He did 5 runs so you can get an idea of whats in there.
Anywho good luck in what you do. Bubble on. Peace GS

mayan2012
05-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Excellent idea!! Thanks. Yep. Only the best for mayan2012!!