PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area Butane!!

smokiyee
05-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Hey all, I didn't know where to post this, but I figured this was the best section. I'm normally in the water hash section, so bare with me. Anyway, I hooked up with a buddy of mine from the bay area(CA) just chilling blazing and what not, and he breaks out the GDP(Grand Daddy Purps, not the mendo purps) butane hash he made, I was a bit skeptical since I've never had butane hash, but what a treat I must say. And best of all, it was FREE(probably a grammy, not sure, and doesn't matter :)), it pay's to be a stand up guy around your buddy's medical operations. CHEERS!! :pipe:

smokiyee
05-28-2009, 02:30 AM
Is there something wrong with the manage attachments, or am I missing something? I wonder if there is a limit on space,I have a ton of stuff uploaded.

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/smokiyee/

Green Supreme
05-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Only solvent used in making hash is water. What you are describing is oil. SSssscccaaarrryyy. Peace GS

ps. ya attachments thingy has been down for quite some time.

smokiyee
05-28-2009, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I don't know much about making hash(or oil) with butane, but it's FIRE for sure. I have another buddy who makes earwax(tahoe,ca) using butane, but have no clue how it's made.

P.S I was using a knife to cut a sliver of it, it's SOO STICKY!

DrBudGreengenes
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Kind Sir..
Speak not of Solvent Based Concentrates
Upon this site....
Thank You
:pipe:

YukonBikerGuy
05-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Any solvent extracted concentrates are a no-no on this site, no pics, tools, methods, nothing. This is Bubbleman's house, so we respect his rules here, and pretty much the only 1 (beyond basic anti-troll rules) is no oil talk (or any solvent extracted concentrates) at all. Word to the wise.

YBG

Evergreen
05-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Great, the first time someone from the bay posts stuff and its oil. wa wa waaaaaaa.

Hieronymus Bosch
05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
This thread= FAIL

[place lame picture of a sinking boat here]

YukonBikerGuy
05-28-2009, 08:00 PM
This thread= FAIL

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/5/1/6/sinkingboat.JPG

There ya go :)

smokiyee
05-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Great, the first time someone from the bay posts stuff and its oil. wa wa waaaaaaa.Not the first time I've posted, and it doesn't look like oil, this stuff is thick and chunky,but I guess it is. I didn't realize there were so many haters on this site, so just because it's not bubble hash you guys HATE. The only FAILURE is me wasting my time on a bunch of snobby bubbleheads, who are closed minded about other variations or ways of doing things. My image of you guys is BLOWN!!

Hieronymus Bosch
05-29-2009, 12:50 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but perhaps I was a little harsh in my reply. However, it should be apparent, in a variety of ways, that this is purely a bubble hash site. The name of the site itself is an indication of that, as well as the fact that there is no section in the forum for solvent based extracts. I'm not a moderator but as a mod has said:

"This is Bubbleman's house, so we respect his rules here, and pretty much the only 1 (beyond basic anti-troll rules) is no oil talk (or any solvent extracted concentrates) at all. Word to the wise."

It's really a matter of respecting the requests of the person who pays and allows us to use this site. Rather than being offended by the exclusion of certain extracts, I'm grateful that their is place for me to learn and share with others something I'm passionate about.

smokiyee
05-29-2009, 01:49 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but perhaps I was a little harsh in my reply. However, it should be apparent, in a variety of ways, that this is purely a bubble hash site. The name of the site itself is an indication of that, as well as the fact that there is no section in the forum for solvent based extracts. I'm not a moderator but as a mod has said:

"This is Bubbleman's house, so we respect his rules here, and pretty much the only 1 (beyond basic anti-troll rules) is no oil talk (or any solvent extracted concentrates) at all. Word to the wise."

It's really a matter of respecting the requests of the person who pays and allows us to use this site. Rather than being offended by the exclusion of certain extracts, I'm grateful that their is place for me to learn and share with others something I'm passionate about.I wasn't really offended or anything, SURPRISED, yes, but it's my fault, I just saw it said hash from around the world, and wasn't thinking, it wasn't my intention to offend or break the rules. If it's that big of a deal, delete the thread, makes no difference to me. I appreciate your post, and it's all good, I don't take this stuff personal. :)

Evergreen
05-29-2009, 02:46 AM
i was just joking around smokiyee, i was not serious at all, if you knew me at all, you would know i joke around alot. sorry if you took that the wrong way.

Evergreen
05-29-2009, 02:49 AM
at least put a pic of it.

smokiyee
05-29-2009, 04:02 AM
at least put a pic of it.There's a few pictures on my 2nd post via photobucket, I guess the attachment issue has been going on for awhile now. Anyway, I really didn't see the problem, but I do now, so I apologize for my ignorance. I will be the first one to admit when I'm WRONG. I'm not into this stuff hardcore, so I honestly didn't know, again, if you want to delete the thread, all good, I shouldn't of posted it anyway.

BiG H3rB Tr3E
06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
what you smoked is probably butane budder or "earwax". sort of an orangish-gold color. feels like a very soft wax, almost like a toothpaste consistency. i love the stuff, and it is always in my bucket of hash variants. right next to the sift, the oil, the bubble and glass.....

smokiyee
06-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah I believe it was butane budder for sure, pretty bomb, but I still love the bubble hash. I was trying to get some grand daddy purp shake from him, but he's attached to his trimmings. :)

bubblecrack
06-20-2009, 07:24 PM
OMG UR BREAKING THE RULES DUDE

BUTANE EXTRACT IS WORSE THAN CRACK OMG

oil gits u fucked up~!!!!!!!

smokiyee
06-23-2009, 01:41 AM
OMG UR BREAKING THE RULES DUDE

BUTANE EXTRACT IS WORSE THAN CRACK OMG

oil gits u fucked up~!!!!!!!I don't know about the "crack" comment because I don't smoke crack(once on accident, long story), but I thought the bubble was more potent than the bho,budder, earwax,... IMO

Stigma420247
06-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Not the first time I've posted, and it doesn't look like oil, this stuff is thick and chunky,but I guess it is. I didn't realize there were so many haters on this site, so just because it's not bubble hash you guys HATE. The only FAILURE is me wasting my time on a bunch of snobby bubbleheads, who are closed minded about other variations or ways of doing things. My image of you guys is BLOWN!!

Took the words out of my mouth.

This forum is filled with stuck up personalities. when did pot heads become such snobby bitches?

this site = FAIL

bubblecrack
06-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I don't know about the "crack" comment because I don't smoke crack(once on accident, long story), but I thought the bubble was more potent than the bho,budder, earwax,... IMO

lol i was just joking around

i am pretty sure good oil can easily outmatch any grade of bubble

i agree that this place is kind of stuckup when it comes to oil but it is a bubble site...

Hieronymus Bosch
06-24-2009, 12:16 AM
What the fuck is so difficult to understand? This is a website created for a specific purpose. To stray from that purpose is to negate the point of the site. It's like going to a Chevrolet forum and wondering why no one wants to talk about Ford. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

And quite frankly, If I am "stuck up" when it comes to bubble...good, I'll take that as a compliment.

etncrew
06-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I really don't think anyone on this site is stuck up. If anything it's full of a bunch of ultra-learned folks on the subject of glandular trichs....all bubbleman and the rest of the crew are trying to do is enlighten you on the poison your putting in your lungs when your smoking solvent based extracts....I guess if your afraid of being ENLIGHTENED then maybe this isn't the place for you anyway.

Just my two cents :)

Green Supreme
06-24-2009, 12:53 AM
People fear what they don't understand. Unfortunately we understand. Its knowledge take it or leave it. Peace GS

Hieronymus Bosch
06-24-2009, 05:22 AM
People fear what they don't understand. Unfortunately we understand. Its knowledge take it or leave it. Peace GS

It's definitely a fortunate thing.

Razz
06-24-2009, 10:01 PM
OH MY BUDDAH!!! see if i was still mod, BAMM!, this thread would have been deleted after the first post. i cannot believe what the hell i am reading. you know what? you're right, we're all a bunch of bubblesnobs. i'm glad to be one! i wish everyone would know what it's like to puff on bubble everyday, with some of the coolest people in the movement... i wish.... i wish for a lot. the only ones hating are the ones calling people haters! i'm sure there's a site somewhere dedicated to oil and butane!

bubblecrack
06-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I think you guys need to chillout. Bubbleman doesn't want people talkin about butane why cant you leave it as a rule instead of trying to interpret the reasoning behind someone else's rule as if you could have some type of justification for downing this guy. If this was a full melt only forum there wouldn't be a section for hash around the world (implying NOT bubblehash), a glass market, etc. this guy didn't know the rules and people started giving him negative comments for it. not too surprising he called yall stuckup

Green Supreme
06-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Points have been made. Everyone needs to take a deep breath of some fine quality bubs and cool out. Lets enjoy the site for what it is, not hate for what it isn't. Bubble hits all around. Peace GS

ps. I believe this thread no longer serves any purpose beyond a bitch fest.

smokiyee
06-27-2009, 05:40 AM
Points have been made. Everyone needs to take a deep breath of some fine quality bubs and cool out. Lets enjoy the site for what it is, not hate for what it isn't. Bubble hits all around. Peace GS

ps. I believe this thread no longer serves any purpose beyond a bitch fest.Amen Sir, this thread has went on longer than it should have, can't believe it's not locked already. On the upside, lets blaze some bubble that's worth the trouble. :)

bubblecrack
06-27-2009, 11:25 PM
i smoked some oil the other day. it was nice. nothing to fuss about just use some sort of water filtration because butane is water soluble.

Hieronymus Bosch
06-27-2009, 11:39 PM

This thread will only manifest hate.

I'll say a prayer.

Chickenhead7
07-04-2009, 07:48 PM
This thread will only manifest hate.

I'll say a prayer.

LMAO, now this is funny.

Chickenhead7
07-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Took the words out of my mouth.

This forum is filled with stuck up personalities. when did pot heads become such snobby bitches?

this site = FAIL

Then go find another fucking website.....are people seriously bitching because a website specifically for bubble hash (which uses water only) is saying that they don't want anything to do with butane or alcohol....

Its like walking into a religion specific church and being like "WTF WHY DONT YOU GUYS PRACTICE ALL RELIGIONS! YOU GUYS ARE SO STUCK UP, YOU SHOULD BE MORE OPEN MINDED."

Makes no fucking sense....this website was made for people to come here to learn specifically about the water based hash making process, not the other kinds. If you want to learn about that shit then go somewhere else instead of bitching about how we dont have it....just like if a catholic person walked into a Jewish temple and was looking for a catholic priest and then got mad because they didnt have one...I would tell them to get the fuck out.

Don't mean to offend anyones religion I was just using it as an example.

Chickenhead7
07-04-2009, 08:02 PM

Sorry should have read this first.....

WaTdAbLuNt420
08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
This thread= FAIL

ROFLCOPTER, that was funny

GanjaGuru
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
The people who don't like oil are just old people man.
And if not in age....in sense.

Bottom line is this.....You can salvage things with those methods that ice and water cannot. Or even remove later what they couldn't when trying.

Period.

If you have a chemist making oil and testing it for contaminates rock on.
Most people don't, and alot of peoples first experience with BHO is shitty, and smells like Btne.

So we opt for smoking less pure, contaminated with particulate to say the least bubble hash.
And it.....because of it's simplicity provides most people(lacking a lab, and chemist) with very good tasting, high quality, melty stuff.

Just in a more specifically seperated format.
As you couldnt mix all the bags results active componets only into a conglomerate with out using solvent.

mouth fulll

Don't be sad or angry...be discreet

HumboldtSmoka420
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Great, the first time someone from the bay posts stuff and its oil. wa wa waaaaaaa.

lol, the wa wa waaaaaaa was awesome!

Green Supreme
10-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok ,so if you're idea of discreet is coming to a solventless concentrate based site and pushing solvent based concentrates... well nuff said. Peace GS

GanjaGuru
10-11-2010, 02:29 AM
I am just talking realistic.

I prefer full melt bubble hash 100%.
Check out the batch I made the other day.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=175&pictureid=2027

Green Supreme
10-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Realistic , I guess the hash site part flew right over lol. Peace GS

GanjaGuru
10-11-2010, 06:23 AM
why don't we just delete this thread?

sibannac
10-20-2010, 04:17 AM
are people just stupid, or what? Those are trichome heads as the background right? And that is a nice dome of FMCD beside the word hashish at the top right??

How come no one get's that this site is for the promotion of, and educating people about producing cannabis extracts naturally using water or dry sift. not using chemicals and solvents. There are lot's of sites on the web that arn't hosted by bubbleman. Get a clue.

v00d004sc0re
10-20-2010, 03:52 PM
v00d00 loves hash
no prejudice from how it was made
i'll smoke scissor hash
yum

Juicepuddle
12-20-2010, 07:31 PM

dontstepongrass
12-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Oil = poison

Juicepuddle
12-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Oil = poison

How? I am not disagreeing, I just want to know why you think its poison.

dontstepongrass
12-22-2010, 07:02 PM
get informed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butane_hash_oil#Solvent_Removal

Juicepuddle
12-24-2010, 04:32 AM
get informed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butane_hash_oil#Solvent_Removal

Thanks appreciate it, will read and get informd

EDIT: Read it, didnt say anything about it being poison, it said if purged right and smoked right you are fine.

"These methods are not dangerous when executed properly with the right equipment such as a chemist would have. It is not recommended for those who are not accredited chemists."

I dont understand how it is poison is all, if your using a lighter arent you inhaling some butane ? I meen its possible, if the flame goes out. If you vaporize some butane extract that has been purged how can it poison you?

dontstepongrass
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Butane fucking sucks!!!!

Juicepuddle
01-11-2011, 10:37 PM

Vermicide
12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
As of lately whats been advertised on the oil/wax scene is Co2 extract or O2 extract. These aren't solvents are they? Does anyone know anything ?

Green Supreme
12-11-2011, 05:50 PM
These things have many purposes, the one you name for CO2 is as a solvent. Have yet to see O2. Peace GS

ps. as solvents these 2 are much more safe ,as they do not attach nastiness to the finished product

MC ONE
12-12-2011, 10:22 PM
boooooo. solvents... The only THC that is toilet flush worthy.

Big ups to dry sift and Bubble

Daveytree
12-14-2011, 01:44 AM
As of lately whats been advertised on the oil/wax scene is Co2 extract or O2 extract. These aren't solvents are they? Does anyone know anything ?

I've been trying to learn as much about this as I can and - while I'm not an expert by any means - yes, C02 oil is a solvent based extraction method (though one not as dangerous as butane because the residues are supposedly non-toxic)... and one should be careful that much of what is out there called "C02" Extract is really BHO. The actually C02 extraction method is so complex, and requires real chemistry equipment, that there is very little of the *authentic* stuff out there (and whoever is supposedly making it, doesn't post evidence of the process... so there are a lot of questions involved there).

HOWEVER, from what I understand oils (or any other solvent based extractions) are not technically "Hash."

Hash, by it's definition is a *mechanically* separated extract in which the trichomes stay intact - compared to oils or any other solvent based extraction, which destroys and recombines the trichomes into a new form.

"Hash" - especially that made with pure ice/water or simply through a screen - is what this site focuses on, and so you will see the site users are mostly aficionados of this method, and have strong feelings about the definitions used here.

I for one, have tried some different solvent based extracts, but with the dangers inherent in smoking something that *could* be contaminated by amateur handling (and possibly some evidence that residues still exist in the transformed substance), my feeling is why risk it when the chemical-free hash is so damn good..... it certainly doesn't leave me wanting anything more! And we can see everything we need to know about it with our very own eyes... no mysteries, no questions. :cool5:

Al-K-Mist
01-09-2012, 04:52 AM
The co2 wax at dispenseries is of 3 kinds
1) BHO mislabeled.
2) Cold kief...put trim in 5 gal bucket w some dry ice, shake it around a binch for 1 min, let sit for 1 min, attatch bubble bag to top, turn upside down and shake over table. See
Dry Ice Kief hash making bubble bag - The Weed Scene - YouTube
Best is the first dozen shakes, as one commenter says
3)Supercritical extraction. Thats what BHO is. At cetrain temperatures and pressure, some gasses become solvents. In this case, there is a closed system that extracts the THC.
Rumor has it that one of these 50,ooo$ machines is operated by one person, but SOOOOOO many people use him, and he gets half, and he works all year long...and he is responsible for a lot of the real supercritical CO2 hash in dispenseries. Just a rumor

hmmmtastey
01-09-2012, 05:34 AM
Damn Al-K, I wish I knew where that guy was... Although at the same time, what's the point when you can at most get 80-85% with CO2 as opposed to the 50-70% of good cold-water extract?

Edit: http://www.organalabs.com/honeyoil.htm states their SC-CO2 contains 120mg cannabinoids per .3g, that is roughly 40%, which at first didn't seem right to me, but sure enough that's what the test itself states.
Given that, why would anyone want any of it when you can have good ole 50%+ cold-water or dry-sifted concentrates for a much lower pricetag (their "honey oil" is $24 per 1/3gm, talk about outrage!)