PDA

View Full Version : Real problems again

mastergrow
05-28-2009, 08:49 PM
OK I followed instructions to the tee. Pressed it lightly and i mean lightly. it is a sticky mess i can't chop it I can't do any ting to it. any suggestions it is sticky as F**K. Usually I chop without pressing and I can get it quite fine-ish, but no where like a powder???????
Thanks Mastergrow

johnnyballbag
05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Did you try letting it dry a bit in smaller "chunks" until it's choppable?

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 06:25 PM
im a beginner, but i think drying it out more would fix that problem...most of my hash dries into a crumbly powder until i play with it, i read that hash takes 2 months to cure and dry correctly, but i dont think any of this hash will last for 2 months...

set it out on cardboard , let it dry sme and then try using the pressing mats to get the rest out.

Also...now I might be wrong but wouldnt freezing possibly fix this?

if i sound like a newbie or I dont know what im talking about, my apologies....im new here and made my first batch of bubble less than a week ago so im still learning too...

bubblecrack
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
if its bubblehash wrap a paper towel around it and squeeze until the paper towel full absorbs the moisture. then smoke its ready ;)

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 06:46 PM
^ when i do that i still gets cracklin sounds indicating water is still present....i press by hand (or by foot), do you mean to press that way, but with a rolling pin?

i made a batch yesterday that dry to the touch and i pressed it by hand...but i want to try and wait at least 4 days before sampling, unless your telling me there is not need and there wouldn't be a difference.

YukonBikerGuy
06-08-2009, 10:35 PM
if its bubblehash wrap a paper towel around it and squeeze until the paper towel full absorbs the moisture. then smoke its ready ;)

You are mistaken. Wet bubblehash will stick to paper towel. If you actually press wet hash it will never dry properly. Wet bubblehash needs to dry before you can truely enjoy smoking it. Read through the many many posts on this site and you will find the correct ways to produce and treat bubblehash, and then spread those methods around, instead of giving random advice that 'you think is best'. Even leaving myself out of it, there are many, many hash gurus here; and not one of them has ever advocated any of the 'methods' that you have been posting in the forums.

There is an old saying: 'It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it.'

The 'pressing screen' in the bubblebag kits in my opinion has been misnamed, as you don't actually want to 'press' the wet hash at all. It should be called a wicking or dabbing, or finishing screen. A lot of people set the finishing screen on somthing absorbent (dish towel, sham-wow, stack of paper towels) and just place the wet hash on top of the finishing screen and let the moisture wick out the bottom naturally. By the time the last blob goes on the finishing screen, the first blob is ready for chopping on cardboard. Some people put the finishing screen on the absorbent stack, put the blobs of wet hash on and fold the whole stack, screen and all over the blob with next to no pressure and speed the wick by applying it to both sides of the blob for a few moments, then chop the same as the first method.

When you press wet hash, you actually rupture some (hopefully as few as possible) of the trichome heads, and the oils and turpenes mix with water inside the gooey wet hash, and the water is then is near impossible to remove. Try to press 1/2 a blob, and wick the other 1/2, the pressed hash will stick to the knife way more when chopping it up, because of the ruptured heads. The wicked hash should chop up nicely like wet sand.

Hope this has enlightened some folks, and encouraged all to go through our excellent forums, and get the good info. This is THE hash site, we know how-to, and you too can learn.

YBG

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 11:25 PM
thank you for the info YBG, ive been misusing my pressing screens, i was pressing my hash with a lot of pressure on the screen, thinking i was compacting the hash together and at the same time removing the water...do just lightly dabbing and waiting would work better. the guy at the said the same thing about the pressing screens and you just made it make sense...

this site definitely has been informative and I thank ole bubbleman and the rest of you gurus that speak the truth and bless us with the knowledge...I wish Dr. Jay was still around to enjoy this site and contribute...RIP.

mcbitsko
06-13-2009, 12:08 AM
You are mistaken. Wet bubblehash will stick to paper towel. If you actually press wet hash it will never dry properly. Wet bubblehash needs to dry before you can truely enjoy smoking it. Read through the many many posts on this site and you will find the correct ways to produce and treat bubblehash, and then spread those methods around, instead of giving random advice that 'you think is best'. Even leaving myself out of it, there are many, many hash gurus here; and not one of them has ever advocated any of the 'methods' that you have been posting in the forums.

There is an old saying: 'It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it.'

The 'pressing screen' in the bubblebag kits in my opinion has been misnamed, as you don't actually want to 'press' the wet hash at all. It should be called a wicking or dabbing, or finishing screen. A lot of people set the finishing screen on somthing absorbent (dish towel, sham-wow, stack of paper towels) and just place the wet hash on top of the finishing screen and let the moisture wick out the bottom naturally. By the time the last blob goes on the finishing screen, the first blob is ready for chopping on cardboard. Some people put the finishing screen on the absorbent stack, put the blobs of wet hash on and fold the whole stack, screen and all over the blob with next to no pressure and speed the wick by applying it to both sides of the blob for a few moments, then chop the same as the first method.

When you press wet hash, you actually rupture some (hopefully as few as possible) of the trichome heads, and the oils and turpenes mix with water inside the gooey wet hash, and the water is then is near impossible to remove. Try to press 1/2 a blob, and wick the other 1/2, the pressed hash will stick to the knife way more when chopping it up, because of the ruptured heads. The wicked hash should chop up nicely like wet sand.

Hope this has enlightened some folks, and encouraged all to go through our excellent forums, and get the good info. This is THE hash site, we know how-to, and you too can learn.

YBG

way to go yukon. jeez these dudes really needed help!

say you guys invert a bowl and lay one of those shamm wows( a shammy made out of man made materials) or the equivelent on the domed bowl.
oh yea, wet it then ring it out first. take your kief filled bubblebag and lay over shammy covered bowl. pull down on bubblebag firmly. don't be a neanderthal here( don't mean to offend neanderthals).
right before your eyes you'll see the water being sucked right out of it. sort of like when your walking on the beach and the waves are pulled back out you can see the sand dryout and bubble dry.
the capillary action of some of these man made shammys are ingredible good.

try using the right kind of comb or hairbrush to particulize the kief on your drying cardboard.
clean combs with spray waterbottle into next bubble batch. not onto drying cardboard.
when bubbleman explains you need no exterior heat added to dry the kief he means it. i live in a high humidity place by the ocean. house temperature in 55- 65 degree and have been amazed at how fast and even this stuff drys out. may have to do to the fact that the kief is oil based and sheds the h20
good luck compos.