PDA

View Full Version : Have a little question...

d0rk2dafullest
05-30-2009, 02:26 AM
I have the bubble box, i have a lot of shake, and i see a GRIP of bigger heads that will not go thru the 120lpi screen, i rubb and i have put 5 quarters, a wicca card, and a bubble man card to knock things around, anyone got any techniques? i also put my box in the freezer for a couple hrs before i start shaken things up, and my... i get a crap load. i have access to unlimited trim pretty much, so yeah but i'd just like to get the bigger heads =) thx!

Evergreen
05-30-2009, 04:50 AM
if they wont go through the 120 screen, don't force em'. it can break the trichome heads.

d0rk2dafullest
05-30-2009, 05:32 PM
thx, i guess i have to miss out on them, i have a lot of shake on top, i'll have to use my bags for the trash i cant get thru then. thx much!

Kif it Kunta
06-01-2009, 07:41 AM
With lots of trim to play with, I'd suggest you run the frozen material through a pre-screen (eg 60, 80 or 100lpi mesh, or even a large size window insect screen or buy Bubbleman's new 4 screen frame dry sifting kit which is larger and has a stainless steel top mesh for more agressive sifting) to get a rough 'farmers' hash then re-freeze this rough hash and work smaller amounts at a time through the Bubble Box.

If those big resin heads won't pass through, then no technique will make them with the existing meshes you are working with.

The Bubble box was designed for producing personal amounts of quality dry sift, the mesh sizes were selected to be suitable for most strains, but some immature harvested sativa strains have some resin heads that pass through finest mesh and as you've noticed the largest resin heads on some indica strains are greater in size than 120 lines per inch screen (I've never worked with resin heads that large in size...larger than 150 micron seems very large!)..95% of strains work great with the Bubble Box.

don't put coins on the screen, as this just breaks up the plant material and adds contaminants to the next screen frame. Use the scraping card, vibration or gentle finger tips to work the material over the top screen, then card &/or vibration over the finer meshes....and of course re-sift each layer to improve purity and use a magnifying glass to monitor your progress.

btw don't put your Bubble box in the fridge or you potentially risk veneer separation and other problems ....either freeze a plastic bag of the trim then process it over the screens or remove the screen frames from the Bubble box and place these in the freezer, I prefer the former, but have found that the frames can be frozen without problems (though I wouldn't really recommend freezing any wooden item as the humidity is way too low and the lid might twist or warp)

grind up the pop corn buds and leave the trim leaves intact for best results (if quality and quantity are your aim)

Happy Dry Sifting

d0rk2dafullest
06-05-2009, 09:04 PM
thx so much for ur insight kif it kunta i am happy to receive your help. thx so much!
yeah... reason for big heads, is that cuz it comes from OG n MK strains. i'd post pics, but... i still need a cam, kinda funny i dont have cam but have a bubble box n a this n that. i really need a cam. hehe. but i'll post pics once i finally get a cam. i have a lil bit of this n that to share =P