PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy a hashpipe?

bubblecrack
05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey I never used a hashpipe before i dont think can someone help me pic some out? I always feel like I'm wasting my hash and am not smoking it the best way.

Hieronymus Bosch
05-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Hey Bubblecrack,

You'll probably hear a variety of mthods to enjoy your bubble, but a common one around here is to simply take your favorite pipe, bubbler, or tube and place a stainless steel screen in the bowl and slap some bubble on the screen then enjoy!

Razz
05-31-2009, 04:59 PM
bubblecrack, are you kidding me? you need help picking out a pipe? is this your first time smoking or something?

bubblecrack
05-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey Bubblecrack,

You'll probably hear a variety of mthods to enjoy your bubble, but a common one around here is to simply take your favorite pipe, bubbler, or tube and place a stainless steel screen in the bowl and slap some bubble on the screen then enjoy!

ya i been doing this but I was kind of looking for something specifically for hash since i'm more of a joint guy and personally don't own any glass. I am interested in this because I was taking hits of bubble and holding it in and getting these warm tingly feeling in my head and its very desirable.

i guess i should just ask my local smoke shop, figured you guys would know a good shop

http://www.hash-pipes.co.uk/metal_wooden_hash_pipe.jpg

Aud
05-31-2009, 09:28 PM
bubblecrack, are you kidding me? you need help picking out a pipe? is this your first time smoking or something?

hahah thats what I was thinking too, I doubt this person even has hash if they don't even know what to smoke it out of.

heres a hint, go google videos of people smoking full melt and look at what they are ripping.

i dont wanna sound too mean so here it is: get a glass on glass bong.

BoricOxide
05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Get on the HMK wait list, that should solve your problem.

bubblecrack
06-01-2009, 06:34 AM
hahah thats what I was thinking too, I doubt this person even has hash if they don't even know what to smoke it out of.

heres a hint, go google videos of people smoking full melt and look at what they are ripping.

i dont wanna sound too mean so here it is: get a glass on glass bong.

lol i am not gonna smoke straight hash out of a bong...i dont even really like smoking hash on top of buds out of a bong

was looking for a good online shop to buy HASH pipes. I even provided a pic of what a HASH pipe looks like.

btw why the fuck would i be looking for a hashpipe if i didnt have any hash? I am obviously looking for a better way to smoke it not asking "dur how do i smoke hash?"

phx36
06-01-2009, 06:53 AM
99% of people here do that. Throw a screen over a bowl and just drop the melt on there.

JamesDean
06-05-2009, 02:16 AM
I always use a small piece with a small bowl, throw in a huge glass screen so I have something to stick the hash to.

Just ask a blower to make you a tiny hash pipe, with the hole on teh side of the push to no hash falls through.

KaptainKhronik
06-05-2009, 02:40 AM
lol i am not gonna smoke straight hash out of a bong...i dont even really like smoking hash on top of buds out of a bong

was looking for a good online shop to buy HASH pipes. I even provided a pic of what a HASH pipe looks like.

btw why the fuck would i be looking for a hashpipe if i didnt have any hash? I am obviously looking for a better way to smoke it not asking "dur how do i smoke hash?"

wellllll some people do just happen to make concentrate specific slides that conveniently fit into many a glass-on-glass joint.

and its hard to smoke hash in anything but a bong... i actually want to get hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
:p

Aud
06-05-2009, 03:02 AM

once again man i didnt wanna sound too dickish but most people here just use a smaller bore tube and put an oil dome on it, or just use a completely clean bowl with a titanium screen and watch it bubble through.

If you are looking for a better way to smoke hash then you would obviously be wanting to use a water pipe, as I find (for me atleast) it is the best way to enjoy concentrates... zero waste of the precious melty goodness, while only having to use a very small amount to get really high. I find that hash pipes are very wasteful

bubblecrack
06-05-2009, 08:07 AM
"Disappointingly, waterpipes performed uniformly worse than the unfiltered joint. The least bad waterpipe, the bong, produced 30% more tar per cannabinoids than the unfiltered joint. Ironically, the pipe with the electric mixer scored by far the worst of any device. This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than noxious tars. "

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html#6

i thought everyone knew this..

i tried the screen on a bong wasnt my thing no offense

JamesDean
06-05-2009, 12:53 PM
"Disappointingly, waterpipes performed uniformly worse than the unfiltered joint. The least bad waterpipe, the bong, produced 30% more tar per cannabinoids than the unfiltered joint. Ironically, the pipe with the electric mixer scored by far the worst of any device. This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than noxious tars. "

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html#6

i thought everyone knew this..

As I am sure everyone after me will say, that is just straight up wrong. THC is alcohol and fat soluble, not water soluble, therefore water filtration doesn't affect the levels of THC.

Just wrong. (By the by, you are pretty much on a site devoted to taking hash rips out of bongs, so if that ain't the advice you are looking for, I would ask somewhere else)

slippeh
06-05-2009, 12:59 PM
The MAPS/NORML study is fairly reliable..if you have any studies to prove your claim against the study, by all means..post it. But I've come across this discussion almost a hundred times on various boards and at every time people agree that bongs give you a negligible amount of THC less than joints/pipes..but they get you higher.

Ripvanwinkle420
06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Dude read that study
It says they used SHIT weed and plus there prob measuring water capacity of tar and thc
Of course the more you smoke the more tar is going to be left in the water
They said the bud was around 2.3% THC
I know for a fact anything that i smoke or have seen is around 15-20% THC
Which is high quality for BUD
you will usually find HASH to be around 40-55%
and OILs to be the highest concentration at around 80-90% THC
you will never extract pure THC its just impoissble unless you have some crazy ass drip extractor lol
I know i got a lil of topic but to answer your queston where to find a "hash pipe"
There is really no such thing as a "hashpipe" more of a slang word
FInd any type of vaporizer or heat element and try to heat it to jsut over combustion point (THC is like 338-365)
Glo rodding and using a hakko have become a part of my daily routine
sry to spam...

philly4life
06-05-2009, 04:24 PM
" This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than noxious tars...Researchers speculate this is because cannabinoids are exceptionally sticky and adhere to other solids. Hence, any filtration system that picks up particulates is likely also to screen out cannabinoids."
"
The reason is that waterpipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect. The study does not rule out the possibility that waterpipes could have other benefits, such as filtering out gases, but it suggests that other methods, such as the use of high potency marijuana, vaporizers, or oral ingestion are needed to avoid harmful toxins in marijuana smoke.

ive said it once, ill say it again. that study is so unbelievably flawed it is silly. most of the deductions they based are off of the scientists asumptions about weed. They also did not touch on the part that smoking a whole joint will lead to more tar then 2 bong rips, regradless of the slightly different ratios. And I am sorry but WATER DEOS NOT ABSORB THC (at least not enough to make it noticeable in ANYWAY!!!) When did this become question?

Sorry to get off topic but that study is nuts and probably funded buy a VAPE comp for NORML.

PS: about the hashpipe. ihttp://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-glassware/glass-accessories/vapor-globe-handheld.html

Aud
06-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok well regardless of weather or not it filters out thc, its a negligible amount... I think you would loose more THC smoking hash out of a pipe because hash will throw off alot of smoke if you just leave it smoldering, so that THC loss would be MUCH greater than the loss through a water pipe.

But if your set on using a pipe I would suggest one of the metal ones you can close on the top so that way smoke doesn't get out

OR, my 2nd favorite way to smoke hash (not full melt)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Razz
06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
i like to cool off the smoke before i inhale it. i went to MONTREAL on vacation with a bunch of blueberry bubble, and had to buy a pipe there to puff, oh shit the smoke was hot and oily like a saudi desert the day after the war! so, since then, i prefer to hit the ROOR with the multi port diffuser!

bubblecrack
06-05-2009, 06:25 PM
" This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than noxious tars...Researchers speculate this is because cannabinoids are exceptionally sticky and adhere to other solids. Hence, any filtration system that picks up particulates is likely also to screen out cannabinoids."
"
The reason is that waterpipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect. The study does not rule out the possibility that waterpipes could have other benefits, such as filtering out gases, but it suggests that other methods, such as the use of high potency marijuana, vaporizers, or oral ingestion are needed to avoid harmful toxins in marijuana smoke.

ive said it once, ill say it again. that study is so unbelievably flawed it is silly. most of the deductions they based are off of the scientists asumptions about weed. They also did not touch on the part that smoking a whole joint will lead to more tar then 2 bong rips, regradless of the slightly different ratios. And I am sorry but WATER DEOS NOT ABSORB THC (at least not enough to make it noticeable in ANYWAY!!!) When did this become question?

Sorry to get off topic but that study is nuts and probably funded buy a VAPE comp for NORML.

PS: about the hashpipe. ihttp://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/medical-glassware/glass-accessories/vapor-globe-handheld.html

ya my buddy said he ordered one of these and they work great!!

they aren't exactly fully supportive of vaporizers either.

"However, the situation was complicated by the fact that the cannabinoids produced by the electric hotplate vaporizer were unusually high in CBN, leaving 30% less THC as a percentage of the total cannabinoids than with the other smoking devices. Since CBN is not psychoactive like THC, recreational users might be expected to consume more smoke to make up for the deficit. (The situation may be different for medical users, who could experience other, medicinal benefits from CBN)."

I've always smoked joints because deep down I knew they worked the best. I just saw this study and wasn't really surprised to see joints come out on top. notice how i'm asking for a hashpipe and steering clear of studiotermini. though it is just 2.3% it is still the most informative study i've seen on the subject so far.

It isn't completely anti-water pipe it just says they filter out more THC than other tars making you have to smoke more so you actually end up inhaling more tar than you would in an unfiltered joint.

"Nonetheless, it is still premature to judge that waterpipes are actually unhealthful, since they may filter out other, non-solid smoke toxins occurring in the gas phase of the smoke, which was not analyzed in the study. Noxious gases known to occur in marijuana smoke include hydrogen cyanide, which incapacitates the lung's defensive cilia; volatile phenols, which contribute to the harshness of the taste; aldehydes, which promote cancer; and carbon monoxide, a known risk factor in heart disease. Previous studies indicate that water filtration may be quite effective in absorbing some of these [Nicholas Cozzi, Effects of Water Filtration on Marijuana Smoke: A Literature Review, MAPS Newsletter, Vol. IV #2, 1993]. If so, waterpipes might still turn out to have net health benefits."

sweet video Aud love the mario song

philly4life
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
bubble, you could just buy a mouthpiece and use a extract bowl also...
what do u mean about supportive of a vaporizer

bubblecrack
06-05-2009, 08:14 PM
bubble, you could just buy a mouthpiece and use a extract bowl also...
what do u mean about supportive of a vaporizer

i thought they would have given the best review for the vaporizers but they actually suggested it was inefficient for consuming thc.

"The vaporizer results appeared more promising, but confusing. The two vaporizers were the only devices to outscore unfiltered joints in terms of raw cannabinoid/tar ratio. The electric hotplate vaporizer did best, with a performance ratio about 25% higher than the unfiltered joint. The hot air gun was just marginally superior, but might have done better had it not been for its water filtration component."

"However, the situation was complicated by the fact that the cannabinoids produced by the electric hotplate vaporizer were unusually high in CBN, leaving 30% less THC as a percentage of the total cannabinoids than with the other smoking devices. Since CBN is not psychoactive like THC, recreational users might be expected to consume more smoke to make up for the deficit. (The situation may be different for medical users, who could experience other, medicinal benefits from CBN). For this reason, it seemed advisable to recompute the performance efficiencies of the vaporizers in terms of THC, rather than all cannabinoids. When this was done, the electric hotplate vaporizer turned out to have a lower THC/tar ratio than the unfiltered joint, while the hot air gun was still marginally higher."

maybe they weren't letting it get hot enough?

philly4life
06-05-2009, 08:19 PM
o, gotcha. did u decide on a hashpipe idea yet?
http://www.bitfreakglass.com/wickedsands.html the first 4 are perfect for you

Aud
06-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Dude I hate to say it but I am calling bs on the study

How do you inhale MORE tar from a water pipe than from a joint? In a joint, as you smoke it, the weed becomes more and more resin coated, and then you proceed to smoke the weed which is coated in resin... When you smoke a joint nothing is filtered out, you got EVERYTHING that is combusting.

With a water pipe it is obvious there is filtration because as you smoke more and more fresh green snaps, the water becomes yellowish to brown, and takes on a god aweful smell.

and in my eyes once the study publishes something that ludicrous and that flawed, it looses all credibility.

You should do a little test... Take 1.5 grams of nugget and split it up. Portion .5 for a joint, .5 to be smoked out of a dry, and .5 to be ripped out of the bong.

which one gets you more stoned?

and also If you are STILL against water pipes, use one without any water in it, because as Razz said, you are going to want some extra size, just so the smoke can cool off on its own due to the large volume

bubblecrack
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Dude I hate to say it but I am calling bs on the study

How do you inhale MORE tar from a water pipe than from a joint? In a joint, as you smoke it, the weed becomes more and more resin coated, and then you proceed to smoke the weed which is coated in resin... When you smoke a joint nothing is filtered out, you got EVERYTHING that is combusting.

With a water pipe it is obvious there is filtration because as you smoke more and more fresh green snaps, the water becomes yellowish to brown, and takes on a god aweful smell.

and in my eyes once the study publishes something that ludicrous and that flawed, it looses all credibility.

You should do a little test... Take 1.5 grams of nugget and split it up. Portion .5 for a joint, .5 to be smoked out of a dry, and .5 to be ripped out of the bong.

which one gets you more stoned?

and also If you are STILL against water pipes, use one without any water in it, because as Razz said, you are going to want some extra size, just so the smoke can cool off on its own due to the large volume

might wanna make sure you fully understand the study before calling bullshit on it. it wasn't saying that if you smoked the same amount from a bong and a joint that the bong would give you more tar. it was suggesting that they are counter productive because they produce 30% more tar per cannabinoids not 30% more tar period. they are basically saying that the user would need to inhale more tar to get the desired amount of THC with a bong.

It is important to note that this study was dedicated to figuring out the tar to cannabinoid ratio in order to figure out which is the "safest" smoking device. Because this was the goal of the study I would say that the high tar to cannabinoid ratio of the cannabis itself is more acceptable. Had this been a study deidicated to THC transfer rate it would be have been a lot more questionable for me.
btw I am not anti bong. I'm a stoner living in America I can't goto any of my friends house without hitting a bong. i dont need to do the test i have many years of personal experience hitting bongs and bubs just like I'm sure you also do.

Philly: thanks bro was already checking out the bitfreakglass stuff. those wicked sand tubes look great. I am awed by Salt's work it's absolutely amazing. Might have to make an order from there thanks :)

Hieronymus Bosch
06-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Negligible