PDA

View Full Version : How much pressure???

Evergreen
01-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Yo Bubbleman,

I was wondering, when you remove the bubble from the bags and put it in the pressing screen, how much pressure do you use when pressing it out before crumbling it up on the cardboard?? I press it lightly so I don't bruise the trichome heads, is that correct??

Bubbleman
01-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Hey evac, you press them very gently. I personaly dont press them lightly so as to not bruise the trichome heads ( have never seen a bruised trichome head. although i remember several years ago hearing my buddy adam from thseeds say it, and now since then a few other members are using it as a lingo> But what do you mean by bruised?
have you seen a bruised trichome head?
I am going to do a little experimenting with the bruised trichome head theory> I will take some macro shots of some pressed to hard, and some pressed very gently>
for me all i want to do when pressing in the pressing screen is to remove excess water, but not at the expense of damaging the heads. For me i dont know what a bruised trichome head is, but i do know if i breach the wax membrane and the oils mix with the moisture, it makes it next to impossible to remove that moisture.

Just my two cents.

Bubble man

Evergreen
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
very interesting info about the wax membrane Bubbleman, just what I needed to know