PDA

View Full Version : Ice pinch slide

419gotaminute
06-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Okay I am not trying to sound stupid but I just purchased a SSFG ice pinch slide and my weed keeps pulling through? From my understanding I thought these things kept stuff from coming through? Is there a secret I dont know about? Thanks for any help,I love the slide but hate wasting my smoke. :smoke1:

Ripvanwinkle420
06-04-2009, 03:03 AM
Break it up bigger
Its prob cause the pinchs arent close together
or you pulilng to hard

plus your in the wrong forum

Five To One
06-04-2009, 03:18 AM
pack it tight, and all ice pinches are designed differently. a 3 pinch toro ice pinch will keep everything in, but a 4 pinch works like a super airflowed push.... royal makes the best pinches imo.

420_Skier
06-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Ah, I get the idea of them now (Airflow). For the past week I've been debating posting a thread asking where the ice goes in them and how the weed doesn't get wet. lol

ToRo Head
06-04-2009, 08:11 AM
im not a fan of ice pinch slides at all i hate my toro one that came with my toro!

acidraindrips
06-04-2009, 08:20 AM
i have a toro ice pinch on the way, an older royal that i picked up from BF with tight pinches, and a brand new Royal that i picked up yesterday with perfectly spaced pinches.

I have found that a slight bit falls through with the wider spaced pinches, but as long as you don't pull too hard, then it should stay relatively well. The Toro ice pinches work as well as the Royal and keep the ash put in the slide better imo. Everyone has their own preference for how to pack it, but you will find what you like soon enough.

Ripvanwinkle420
06-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Ah, I get the idea of them now (Airflow). For the past week I've been debating posting a thread asking where the ice goes in them and how the weed doesn't get wet. lol

LOl i hope you were kidding =P

TheDCE
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
i have a toro ice pinch on the way, an older royal that i picked up from BF with tight pinches, and a brand new Royal that i picked up yesterday with perfectly spaced pinches.

I have found that a slight bit falls through with the wider spaced pinches, but as long as you don't pull too hard, then it should stay relatively well. The Toro ice pinches work as well as the Royal and keep the ash put in the slide better imo. Everyone has their own preference for how to pack it, but you will find what you like soon enough.

I have always noticed the difference in gap on the pinches, even when comparing royal to royal slides.

Well put re: finding a sweet spot with each slide. Personally i like all my ash to stay in the slide so a 4 pinch seems like a winner.

originaldutchmaster
06-04-2009, 01:59 PM
4 pinch for 18s and 3 for 14's is perfect

TheDCE
06-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Since this is an ice pinch slide thread does anyone know the history behind it?

biglen
06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
i have a ssfg, toro 3 pinch and royal. royal>toro>ssfg

419gotaminute
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Cool maybe my product is just too fine it is a 14mm 4 pinch and the gaps are pretty big so I will try bigger chunks.Thanks for everyones help and maybe I can get it to work right? Who knows maybe there just not going to be my thing it is my first one but it matches my mini's sooo good. :(

Five To One
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Cool maybe my product is just too fine it is a 14mm 4 pinch and the gaps are pretty big so I will try bigger chunks.Thanks for everyones help and maybe I can get it to work right? Who knows maybe there just not going to be my thing it is my first one but it matches my mini's sooo good. :(

pack it in super tight i push it down w/ my pinky as much as i can.

colitas
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
smoke it in (burn it in) and then poke out the resin in the holes with a metal stir stick and you should be able to reduce the lose...:pipe:

Calp
06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
After each hit press the ash/green down.. That way it doesn't leak through

420_Skier
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
LOl i hope you were kidding =P

Sadly, I wasn't. I'm pretty new to glass and have a no name GonG bong that hits well but I definately over paid for. I mainly lurk around here lusting for other people's glass and hoping that someone puts a nice bong up in my price range.

treken
06-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Neat, I just got my first ice pinch slide off bitfreak yesterday...I loooove how smooth it rips with screens on the pinch and bho/budder on the screen :)

Very happy I bought it