PDA

View Full Version : Bubblin Jack Herer

DNRDustin
06-04-2009, 07:04 AM
This is my first Bubble run, how ever i didnt think to make a vid until my very last batch. Now i did a bubble test after about 45 min, it definitely bubbles, then crisps out and burns off, but does not dome. Did i screw up, or do i need to let it dry for the bubble test?

Check it out and leave me pointers. Thnx a bunch to everyone who regularly post here. The info was ..... damn i forgot what i was tryin to say....... very informative lol!

YouTube - Bubble Hash How To

YukonBikerGuy
06-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Dont smoke wet bubblehash. The bubble sizzle pop crackle you hear is the water in the hash. I haven't seen any domage from wet hash. Chop it up really fine on cardboard for 3 days to a week and let it totaly dry before you test for domes.

I see 4 bags, you will have better chance of FMCD if you use an 8 bag system for maximum grading seperation of the resin heads.

It looked like there was too much material in that batch, and not enough water.

The hand stirring by spoon is awesome, the effort seems to have paid off with not much contaminant in the final product.

Bubble on dude.
YBG

winspence3
06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Very nice, Can't wait to see it when it dries :)

DNRDustin
06-05-2009, 05:19 PM
haha that spoon sucks. too thin, i thought i was gonna break it. my measurements were roughly 1/4 trim 1/4 ice 3/4 water in in 5 gallons. The 4 bag set was just a product test. works extremely well. before getting my bags i had never smoked hash that i liked. now i dont wanna smoke anything else!

Question: Does this process extract other essential canabanoids, or just THC

Green Supreme
06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
For future reference a 5 gallon kit is good for 200 grams of material. Peace GS

DNRDustin
06-09-2009, 03:53 AM
now its been a week since i spun this all and none of it domes up :mad: oh well, next time! i got 32.95g arjans ultra haze#1 out of four 5 gallon batches. 10g jack herer from 1 batch. and 29.29g arjansXhererXrhino from 4 batches(the mix was dry trim). all were spun twice. 8min the first and 5min the second. sorry i did not way, but in my opinion i didnt spin more than 200g at a time. for the sake of argument lets say they were 200g each. that would be a 4% return on the arjans. 5% on the herer. and 3% from the mix. not to happy with those stats, especially since none went full melt! advice would be greatly apreciated. and yes, i am aware i need an 8 bag set.

ArjansXhererXrhino 73u
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w296/DNRDustin/73umix1.jpg

Jack Herer 73u
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w296/DNRDustin/herer73u.jpg

Jack herer 25u
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w296/DNRDustin/herer25u.jpg

Ripvanwinkle420
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
better pics?

gonejah17
06-21-2009, 06:08 PM
good shit man i love seeing more and more ppl making bubble. cant believe I waited as long as I did to get a set myself. One thing id say even tho im fairly new to this is I noticed you said u ran the material for 8 min then 5. might want to try to run it for a shorter time at first to get a headier first run then run it for longer the second wash. think thats how most cats are doin it just .02

good shit makin a vid homie

trichomefarmer
07-11-2009, 08:34 PM
The jack should be a melter. i got a bunch of jh buds I while back and merely rolling joints over a screen produced some melt with domes.

OnlyHighGrade
07-11-2009, 08:52 PM
imo you should only be yielding 10%, and that's bone dry. your results don't seem bad for a first run, but i was slightly confused by your post so i may be reading it wrong.

DNRDustin
07-17-2009, 08:11 PM
imo you should only be yielding 10%, and that's bone dry. your results don't seem bad for a first run, but i was slightly confused by your post so i may be reading it wrong.

those numbers were from wet trim. so it actually wasnt a bad run.

Bubbleman
07-17-2009, 09:03 PM
10% yeild is very high... 5% is much more along the lines of normal.

However that being said... dont worry if your hash doesnt dome up.... i have had many strains of bubble over the years.. that didnt bubble up clear domes... that still sent me reeling from a hit.

Great job either way..

Peace
Bubble man

smokiyee
07-27-2009, 02:20 AM
I miss the Herer man, such great smokables or vapeables :), 10% sounds high to me too, I usually get 4-5 with good sugary material.

OnlyHighGrade
07-27-2009, 02:37 AM
i agree with 10% being a high yield. that would only come from prime resinous material, and it would have to be actual flower.

5% is a much more realistic yield, especially with trim. sorry for the confusion and thanks for checking me bubbleman.

DNRDustin
07-30-2009, 04:20 AM
10% yeild is very high... 5% is much more along the lines of normal.

However that being said... dont worry if your hash doesnt dome up.... i have had many strains of bubble over the years.. that didnt bubble up clear domes... that still sent me reeling from a hit.

Great job either way..

Peace
Bubble man

oh yah totally! dont get me wrong, this stuff is the best ive ever had the pleasure of smokin!

aqualungs
07-30-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm with everyone else 5% final yield is definitely the norm. Keep going at those bags DNR, use lots of ice, switch up the strains if you can. You are bound to get some melty goodness.

HeadyHashster303
10-27-2009, 06:41 AM
nice video and pics, but yeah I'd say about 5% yield