PDA

View Full Version : Imparting natural flavors into bubblehash

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
While I do enjoy the taste of just plain bubblehash, unfortunately my OG Kush hash doesnt have the flavor i would like..most likely due to me only having access to a 50/50 mix of fan leaves and final trim (i get these in frozen bags all mixed together, very hard to separate and my source is just letting me take out the trash)

since my hash doesnt have the taste in would like, perhaps if i were to try a few of the following i could add the flavor i would like

- essential oils added to the final product (lemon, mint, almond etc)
only problem i see with this is the possibility of leftover sugars or stuff that would turn my hash into black charcoal garbage when burned, im not sure if essential oils would burn properly ?

- instead of using cold water, perhaps using an extremely strong brewed tea, something along the lines of Anise or peppermint to run through the bags, perhaps the flavors would be added to the final product ?

any ideas guys...

btw Does anyone know Keefhead or Dante420143 from overgrow...i havent talked to these guys since OG shut down and im tryin to get back in touch with them

thanks and keep on bubbling!

Jax aka J-Dollar

if it was my choice i would use fresh buds and just trim, but im left with turning my trash into a stash and im just trying to improve the final taste....

Green Supreme
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
If you make dry sieve hash and water extract with the same material, then mix them while smoking you will get the benefits of both type. Good luck. Peace GS

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Can you dry sieve fan leaves though? my bags have all been frozen, wouldnt defrosting and trying to dry it cause mold to be an issue?

So basically dry sieve my fan leaf for the kief and then water extract the rest...right?

Green Supreme
06-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Take 1/2 the material and spread it thin on cardboard or screen. Takes like 5 days. Turn the material about once per day {If using a screen would be good to have something underneath to collect anything that might fall through}. Keep the rest of the material in the freezer. You can make the water extract whenever you want. For the dry, run it after the 5th day of drying. Don't make one out of fans and one out of the inside trim, split the inside trim in 1/2 ,as the fans will bring down the quality. If you don't want to throw the fans run them seperately. Good luck. Peace GS

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 06:49 PM
i get bags that are mixed and compressed, i basically have blocks of frozen fan leaf mixed with trim. picking out the trim by hand would take days...

Green Supreme
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Well then that sounds like a choice you have made. Nuff said. Peace GS

JaxPharmacy
06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
i get your point, the harder you work, the better the return....i was afraid of that...damn.
but picking trim out of 30 lbs of trash leaves? maybe i can hire some day laborers for cheap..lol

*edit

Thanks for the help, i will attempt to put your suggestions to use...i appreciate the advice.,