PDA

View Full Version : **thc Question**

Clear_Dome
01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi all !
As I said in my introduction post I made hash for sevral year but I'm new to bubble bag extractor so ...I have some questions !!!

-What is the melting temperature of thc ?
-I read somewhere that after you extract the thc with water it better to make a ball with the thc and put it in the freezer until the ice cover the thc ball ,after remove the ice on top of the ball and place the ball in a mason jar and open it few times a day like cannabis curing will help you to get soft hash ...Is it true or it's better to let dry the thc on piece of cardboard until it is bone dry and roll it up in ball ??
-What is the best rate of water , ice and trim (or buz) to use when you extract the thc with water (like with a bubble bag with a hand mixer,cause i'm new in world of bag extractor)
-Will it make a difference to use fresh wet trim or dry one for the yield and quality?
-is there a way better than an other to preserve thc hash once it's done
-After extrating the thc I alway roll it with the palm of my hands a long time until it become black out side and brun inside and soft ,I know it become black because of the oxidation but is it necessary and is it better to keep it brown/yellow for any reason ?
-finaly :D with a 5 bag extractor kit what is the general (aprox.) rate of thc/trim I will get (If I prefer big yield of absolut quality) I know you will tell me it depend of the trim quality ...but in general !!

so let the pro in you reply to my lil question ;) thanks a lot !!!!

fullmeltbubble
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
hey clear I'll take a stab at answering some of your questions:

I read somewhere that after you extract the thc with water it better to make a ball with the thc and put it in the freezer until the ice cover the thc ball ,after remove the ice on top of the ball and place the ball in a mason jar and open it few times a day like cannabis curing will help you to get soft hash ...Is it true or it's better to let dry the thc on piece of cardboard until it is bone dry and roll it up in ball ?

NO defintly the wrong way to do it...you need to let the hash dry properly...to do this you need to break up the wet hash and leave it on cardboard for at LEAST 24hours...rolling it wet is asking for mold to happen

What is the best rate of water , ice and trim (or buz) to use when you extract the thc with water (like with a bubble bag with a hand mixer,cause i'm new in world of bag extractor)

using the 5 gal bags the most trim you should run is 200 grams DRY....the more ice the better...and its always better to hand mix or use the bubblenow

-finaly with a 5 bag extractor kit what is the general (aprox.) rate of thc/trim I will get (If I prefer big yield of absolut quality) I know you will tell me it depend of the trim quality ...but in general !!

the average yield(there's a billion variables) is anywhere from 5-15% percent return...

Clear_Dome
01-31-2008, 07:22 PM
thanks a lot dude ;) any other coment will be apreciate !!!

Clear_Dome
01-31-2008, 07:59 PM
anyone know for the melting temp. ??

hash*_*bean
01-31-2008, 09:16 PM
its 183 celcius and for cellulose it is 230 so at 230 the plant material will burn but at 180 the thc will start to vaporize

to preserve the thc u need to know the enemy of thc and that is ligth and air and high temperatur so the best u can do is keep it dark and airtight and to really presereve for years u can even freeze it

as for trim fresh or dry well in most cases u get more yield with the dry trim but u get more plant material in ur hash since the dry plant is more britel and brake into small pices more easy ,when u use wet trim u get more pure hash but less since the filte can clog up a bit plus the crystal tend to brake more easy and get smeard all over the trim in this case i make butter with it afterwards

Clear_Dome
01-31-2008, 10:01 PM
yeahh thanks !!! I was asking me those question for a long time !!!

Clear_Dome
01-31-2008, 10:02 PM
and personaly do you play with your hash long time or just keep it brun/yellow ??

hash*_*bean
01-31-2008, 11:44 PM
hehe when u say brun do u mean brown brun is a danish word,are u danish?
it turns darker over time
offen u get more dark hash with a longer cure of the material
,i find when i make hash from outdoor its offen darker

and if u play with it it wil get darker to and yup i play with my hash most mostly becourse i love it hehe
and also the high seems to be abit dif ,
some say its becourse u activate the thc or get more cbn(Cannabinol)
i know the high is dif and something happens when i press it
but im not all sure what since cbn is what thc change into over time
i have a hard time seing that happen in just the time u put pressure on it ,

but in my experince i feel that when i press it it get more of
a cbd(cannabidiol) effect
so i kind of think something in the press maby the heat or simply the pressure activates some cbd but thats pure speculation on my side

here is some i just made the other day so u can see how much i take it apart to dry and how it go thru the stages

first here it is all wet i dont press it in the screen just put some paper under the filter i put the wet bubbel under and that removes most moist

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/9/2//bubblewett_thumb.jpg (http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2113)

then i brake it up to smaller pices this is hard since its very sticky so i do it over stages here is a pic of the first break up

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/9/2//wetbubblebrokenup_thumb.jpg (http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2114)

and i dint get one from the next stage where i make it into smaller pices after some hours
then next day i break it up more till it looks like this

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/9/2//bubbledrying.jpg

i leave it like this for some days and then i break it up one last time un til it is like a powder i will putt pictures up when its done in some days

the stuff in the last picture might look very dry but when i try to make it into a ball it falls apart to easy i can easy feal the moist so dont let the looks fool u it need quiet some time to dry out probberly

Clear_Dome
02-03-2008, 01:35 AM
thanks hash bean !! your picture look awesome ;) and ...no I'm not a danish !!but I talk french so some time I can make mistake ...

Clear_Dome
02-03-2008, 05:56 PM
these were my last bubble :D no huge clear dome but melt really well

http://www.imagehost.ro/thumbnail.php/0319534547a5ffa9e253b.jpg (http://www.imagehost.ro/viewer.php?img=0319534547a5ffa9e253b)

Clear_Dome
02-05-2008, 07:26 PM
does the Freshness of the trim you use for macking hash will affect the the softness ....cause some time when I make hash with old trim ,the hash (when completly dry) doesnt stick together ,and I was thinking that maybe the trim was to old ? is it possible or this is because of the strain ?

Clear_Dome
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
WOW don't answer all at the same time .....LOL

Evergreen
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
definetly dry your trichs before rilloing em'

Clear_Dome
02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
yeah thanks I try it in the weekend and it work well !!! I'll post some pix tonight ..