PDA

View Full Version : -Clean tubes? worked very well !-

theookiekabuki
06-14-2009, 06:05 PM
hello everyone just wondering what you guys think about using acetone to clean glass. my friends dad told him to do it i was sceptical cause of the harsh fumes and the fact that you use the shit to take pain of cars and shit, but other than that my friend tryed it and it worked insanly good he says so i think i may try it. like 4 bucks for a biottle and you wouldnt even use a ehole one i bet said the shit melts of like butter.:pray:

Green Supreme
06-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I guess it depends how well you rinse. I use iso and rock salt both are inexpensive. Hearing good things about Grunge Off too, but I doubt it's 4 bucks. Peace GS

theookiekabuki
06-14-2009, 06:18 PM
yeah thats what i usually use but im tired of shaking the shit out of shit for a fuckin hour haha, and yeah i cant afford to buy grung off all the time

sm0ke
06-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I wouldnt use acetone man. wouldnt trust that stuff around my labels etc. if you cant afford grunge off then iso salt all day

theookiekabuki
06-14-2009, 06:27 PM
well dont got a lable on any off my glass, ones blasted but i dont think that would be affected....but i am getting one of those fact. seconds fixd from SYN with a miss fired label, good thing you let me know ida been pissed if i tryed cleaning it for the first time with that shit and the lable came staight off hahaha

Calp
06-14-2009, 07:13 PM
grunge off is like $16 and reusable... Unless your pieces are all CAKED in resin ALL THE TIME you won't need more than a bottle for a long time

colitas
06-14-2009, 08:59 PM
try rubbing alc. and some kosher salt or good sea salt to agitate, that should do it. I use this on my double tree perc. fixed stem shower head , and clears it up everytime.

and guess what it's not paint thinner!(uh acetone, that's the main ing. in nail polish remover):sick1:

oh yeah I hear ya' not affording grunge off, rubbing alc. is like $3 and it's what ???

REUSABLE!:pipe:

chilidog332001
06-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm fairly certain I remember using acetone to dry out those pesky water droplets on the inside of glass beakers/flasks/graduated cylinders in my chem labs.

But, I would still stick to using just iso/salt to clean a tube though.

Blunts R US
06-14-2009, 09:39 PM
yea like calp said the guy at my local shop told me its reusable and to just poor the stuff right back into the bottle. I have been doing this with the same bottle for about 2 months or so and the solutions cleaning power has not weakened at all. Still melts the res right off my glass and even melted the gorrila glue right off a piece i had glued together.

The trick is to just use the grunge off often enough that when you do clean it big chunks of resin don't get poored into the bottle again. It is expensive for one bottle but it will last you about 3 to 5 years the guy said. Hope this helps

theookiekabuki
06-14-2009, 11:09 PM
also i dont want to have to soak my peice for 24 hours like most pep say they do with the grung off or 420 cleaner although that grung off is seeming better and better the more yall speak of it. ive used table salt and ebsons both work well and all as long as its a good percentage iso and its cheap dolla for salt anda dolla for iso :) i just hate shaking it around forever and having the risk of it slipping out my hands or bumping into something while shaking naw mean. dude just makes it seem as if as soon as he put that acetone in there shit imediatly started to strip the resin out, might just use in in my spoon to test it out and report back. depending on how i like it im probly just gana cave and get grung off haha.

Blunts R US
06-14-2009, 11:41 PM
yea you don't have to soak the piece although doing so will get it cleaner and cleaner the longer you let it soak. I just poor in grunge off, get it into my perced sections and a little in the beaker really not much. I shake it until the grunge off has touched the entire interior surface of the tube, let it sit for 5 or 10 mins (sometimes i rest it at an angle so when it sits it really gets the top of the percs then lay it on the other side for a few mins to get both sides) then i shake again and poor it all back in the bottle and rinse with hot water.

I don't even poor the whole bottle in when i cleaned my 2 1/2 foot phx trinity. So i am with you ookie it is expensive so i only got one bottle but thats all you need.

And have you ever smoked the ookiekabuki strain before i saw the video on those guys at the cannabis cup and it seemed as if there was conflict over if the bud was really created or just supersilver haze with a made up name?

theookiekabuki
06-14-2009, 11:53 PM
well damn i might just get some then. hahah the ookiekabuki man naw ive never smoked it and yes im pretty sure its just a made up name.i just watched the high times little skit thing on it, thought it was funny so that my name in all the fourms although i dont reall ever get on tc i like this place better.

ROOR24
06-15-2009, 04:23 AM
try this YouTube - TGT How To - Cleaning Your Bong YouTube - how to clean a glass pipe Just us epson or kosher salt instead of table salt Its cheaper and works better. I use the ziploc bags for my diffys and slides works great just dont us the cheap ones.

fizoster
06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I've used absolutely everything on the market: grunge off, purple power, 420, etc. I now use only iso and salt. Like green supreme said, it costs about 4 bucks, I can get it anywhere, and it only takes about 3 minutes of shaking and I have a spotless piece.

subliminal
06-15-2009, 07:39 PM
acetone is what many scientists use to clean their glassware, it will clean the glass very well. you're not supposed to ingest acetone but if you wash it out everything would be fine. i'd just use grunge off though

theookiekabuki
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
yeah yeah yeah i know how to use iso and salt guys, i was just seeing yalls opinoin on the acetone. i think ill try the grung off though seeing as its reusable...thanks for everyones advice:brainiac:

ROOR24
06-15-2009, 09:57 PM
thats cool this thread will still help those who dont just adding clip to improve thread heating up ur ISO is anther good trick and i heard oxyclean and hot water will work without shaking ur glass just pour in and let soak ill have to try that some time.

The Eternal Cowboy
06-16-2009, 02:12 AM
how many people are gonna say something iso and epsom salt.

seriously, learn to read.

theookiekabuki
06-16-2009, 05:49 AM
haha...
yeah ive herd the oxyclean thing too, wanted to try it but again am a broke ass. and heasting up iso is pretty dangerouse man

COOPAROO
06-16-2009, 06:40 AM
haha cowboy...

In my opinion, the easiest way to clean a piece is by making a conscious effort to keep it clean in the first place. It will really be easy to clean if it never gets too dirty.
Using the old iso/salt trick is great for small cleanings, but a pain in the ass for really dirty glass. For heavy cleanings i would go with grunge off. I use grunge off mainly because it works like a mofo, and i feel safe putting it into my glass. I really don't like the idea of putting a toxic cleaning solution into my baby :)

theookiekabuki
06-16-2009, 06:54 AM
hahah yeah when dudes dad suggested acetone all i could think was that can be good for me or the glass, but apparently the shit evaporates hella fast and pep use it for chem. glassware so it cant be tooo bad haha. still i doubt ima try it anymore, grung off seems to be the way to go

dontstepongrass
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
im just gonna come out and say this, if u clean ur glass after every day of use 91% iso and salt will MELT the resins right off ur glass...

if you don't properly care for ur glass, then perhaps it takes u "hours" or u gotta soak, but it takes me less than 4 minutes daily in my bathtub.

DaNK
06-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Can you say GRUNGE OFF FOR THE FREAKIN WIN!!! I just bought a case of the stuff. Its the best for your glass. I can go a week without cleaning and still only takes me a FEW MINUTES to get them back to new again w/ grunge off super soak!

YukonBikerGuy
06-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I also bought an entire case of GO, it is the Shiz and the Nit mang. I been doin the Billy Mays routine all over....

Got a dirty bong? BAM! Grunge off will clean it.
Been building up that resin layer for a year? BAM! Grunge off will remove it effortlessly.....
ect

I have found in my personal experience with GO that when it starts to get a bit dirty with particulate, that running it through a paper coffee filter cleaned it up right nice. BAM! Pour it right back in the bottle. Thats right folks! Grunge Off Super Soaker is a completely reuseable formula....... lol

tokinwhtguy
06-16-2009, 02:17 PM
im just gonna come out and say this, if u clean ur glass after every day of use 91% iso and salt will MELT the resins right off ur glass...

if you don't properly care for ur glass, then perhaps it takes u "hours" or u gotta soak, but it takes me less than 4 minutes daily in my bathtub.

lol sooo true man a little salt and iso goes a long way

theookiekabuki
06-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I also bought an entire case of GO, it is the Shiz and the Nit mang. I been doin the Billy Mays routine all over....

Got a dirty bong? BAM! Grunge off will clean it.
Been building up that resin layer for a year? BAM! Grunge off will remove it effortlessly.....
ect

I have found in my personal experience with GO that when it starts to get a bit dirty with particulate, that running it through a paper coffee filter cleaned it up right nice. BAM! Pour it right back in the bottle. Thats right folks! Grunge Off Super Soaker is a completely reuseable formula....... lol

lmfao YBG :pipe:

Aud
06-16-2009, 09:05 PM
wow i love grung off now. just get a couple diff sized mason jars filled up and a one second dip cleans everything perfectly after every smoke. just dip and rinse and your pristine

but I still use iso/salt for some of my tubes because you just have to use so little and give it a quick toss and your done.