PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use buds instead of trim?

bubblecrack
06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I heard using some very nice buds works very well with isolator bags after breaking it up into shake. Anyone tried this or normally do it? My friend had the idea of using a bunch of shitty canadian import but I would wonder the quality and taste of that hash. Was the quality far superior to the hash from trim? I usually have enough trim to last me but it seems like using straight buds would get way nicer hash.

permaculture
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Bud should have more trichomes per gram than trim, but the quality of the final hash derives mostly from the filtration process.

I think just possibly you might get a little higher quality but mostly you'd notice a greater harvest per gram of input material.

OnlyHighGrade
08-19-2009, 02:13 PM
imo its all bout the larfie little chunks and some bigger ones. like .1 g -.7 g chunks and i wouldnt even turn them into shake. just chuck them in. leave the trichs in tact.

jwatts
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
yeh bro i used shitty buds plenty of times, (as i don't grow and trims are hard to come by) like that one dude said chunks are the key, my 1st couple of runs i grinded the buds into shake. then i read somewhere that like little chunks work better and i def tasted the dif. i don't even smoke trashie bud anymore just make it into bubble it taste SO MUCH BETTER

YukonBikerGuy
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1247

have yerself a read and a gander, running wet and dry buds

Hope it helps,
YBG