PDA

View Full Version : Any Issues with Wicked Sands Mini Tubes?

capn
06-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm waiting to order one from BFG and was wondering if anyone had any issues with them like gong joints that don't sit flush or the such?

I've never really heard anything bad about them and all their glass looks pretty damn sick.

The price makes me skeptical, they look to good to be true.

hearmeroor
06-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Haven't personally hit one but have seen and held them in person. They're very small. Like VERY VERY small and look to be quite fragile. Looks very similar to Luke Wilson pieces though, and have even heard that he works with them.

bababooey
06-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Luke makes the tree percs for the minis.

Ripvanwinkle420
06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Yea i think there only like 10 inches tall
I LOVE the idea but i would need a bigger milk to fufill me

EDIT: How do you order from bitfreak now?
I hear you can only be a TC member to join?

slippeh
06-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Think of it like a big bubbler

bubblecrack
06-18-2009, 12:54 AM
ya i can no longer access bfg :(

philly4life
06-18-2009, 01:03 AM
the 10 arms are sick. biglen had one but one of the arms broke off while cleaning. WS took care of him thou and they also have reenforced the trees now. They are nice and a much bigger rip then you would think.

COOPAROO
06-18-2009, 01:30 AM
saw one today for the first time, and they def are a lot smaller than i thought. but i still think i'll be picking one up this weekend. at the shop we put water in the straight tube, and it has a really nice feel to it, and the tree perc looks so sick.

anyone have any suggestions as to which to get? the straight or the beaker?

capn
06-18-2009, 01:37 AM
I ordered the beaker with the shower head diffy. I like small bongs so this should please me. Still no info on the gong joint? I hate wobbly joints.

This is an upgrade for me, the tube i use now is only like 9 inches tall and about an 1.5inches thick lol. 3.2mm glass thickness aswell.

So like I said, I'm movin on up.

Thanks for all the replys, Thanks FMB

Ripvanwinkle420
06-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Where did you order from?
and WTF! haha ive been looking for the SHower head diffy forever now

Lemme know in a PM dude?
thx

COOPAROO
06-18-2009, 02:17 AM
capn what you wondering about the joints?

they are actually really beefy joints, that i believe are Honalee joints, which are dope. and they are 18-14

420_Skier
06-18-2009, 06:06 AM
To order from BFG, shoot them an email asking for a password.

capn
06-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Kewl info coop, thanks!!

NC HaZe
06-18-2009, 07:15 PM
These tubes are pretty much flawless imo, especially with a alex k showerhead diffy, rips so nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Z6GgVjQtw

DaNK
06-18-2009, 07:58 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s140/dankone_2007/th_Video9.jpg

I love mine. I wish it had a splash guard but if you have your water levels right , there is no splash. I also heard they are putting splash guards on them now as well as reinforcing the tree arms. I ordered the shower head diffy from BF. Hits a lot better than the stock worked diffy.

capn
06-18-2009, 11:11 PM
looks awesome, thanks for all the kick ass info guys!!!

SICK VID!! FMB IS THE SHIZZLE

COOPAROO
06-19-2009, 01:23 AM
think i'm pickin one up tomorro. let u know how it is!

capn
06-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Kewl beans sir, very kewl. I'll do the same when mine shows up. Anyone have any experience with a roor.us pill bottle a/c on one of these mini beakers?

Inquiring minds want to know!

love peace and afrogreace

COOPAROO
06-19-2009, 01:35 AM
nope don't have one. but i'll let you know how my doc inline works on it!

capn
06-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Ah I bet that'll rock... Next purchase on my list is an inline!

COOPAROO
06-21-2009, 05:11 PM
picked up a tiny beaker 2 days ago and i love it. thing is so small, but the perc is so intricate. Mine doesn't have a splash guard, but has the reinforced trees which is really nice.

Also got a .de diffy which always makes it a more pleasant smoke. And the tube clears a lot faster than i was expecting. I recommend them highly!

:::milk shots soon:::

aero
06-21-2009, 08:17 PM
yup.

ordered a gooseneck 10 arm, and many things immediantly pissed me off.

the bowl joint included was defective and wouldnt make a seal at all.. bfg guy made it up to me

the perc is slanted, theres a big kink in the bend above the joint, and the base's lip is very uneven

i didnt swap it with a new one even because i was convinced i couldnt get that little perc spotless and it still rips fine.. but fuck man never again

Ripvanwinkle420
06-21-2009, 11:07 PM
yup.

ordered a gooseneck 10 arm, and many things immediantly pissed me off.

the bowl joint included was defective and wouldnt make a seal at all.. bfg guy made it up to me

the perc is slanted, theres a big kink in the bend above the joint, and the base's lip is very uneven

i didnt swap it with a new one even because i was convinced i couldnt get that little perc spotless and it still rips fine.. but fuck man never again

Sorry to hear about that dude
Im sure it was one that got past him
Or BF snagged it as a factory second from WS
No offense to anyone thats on his side but hes just out here to rip people off and take there money...Never happened to me but the more and more of these "accidents" that happen over there the more it pisses me off
Ive ordered from him in the past i go back to place another order and i need a password?....Which he STILL wont give me considering i have to be a member of Tokecity.......SHITTEST most BASHED forum on the web
Why would i wanna be there? when i feel much more comfortable and welcomed with everyone whos been nice here as well as a threads for glass sale
BF is a phony and i hope he sees this

Hennessy1414
06-21-2009, 11:47 PM
your a wack fool. dont hate...at least he attempts to help us glass heads. unlike you hes not look like a cock monger spurting off in every direction.

get lost buddy :p

OrganicOdins420
06-22-2009, 12:08 AM
so much hate
take it down a notch guys

how much does a ws mini beaker with perc run?
i dont have access to bfg

capn
06-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Just got my Mini-Beaker, Rips fantastic. Everything seals well. Still waiting on my n3rd ice pinch glow in the dark slide!!

I'll try and get a milk vid up.

capn
06-22-2009, 03:56 AM
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/157/pict0008ing.jpg

Ripvanwinkle420
06-22-2009, 03:58 AM
your a wack fool. dont hate...at least he attempts to help us glass heads. unlike you hes not look like a cock monger spurting off in every direction.

get lost buddy :p
Thats my point.....he dosent
I really dont care all im saying is im spreading a negative experience
IS that not ok?
I dont believe in doing business with crocks
Bob on the other hand works with you and has his site public for over 10 years

capn
06-22-2009, 04:10 AM
BFG was cool with me, i asked him about this orange line thats on the inside of my alex k diffy, he said that its really hard to remove and that if it bothered me he would fix the issue.

It doesn't bother me at all. It looks like a mark from some pen. I'll find some way to get rid of it.

All in all, very pleased with this purchase and the service.

Rip: nothing wrong with spreading a negative experience at all

I even put the wrong state in my shipping address and it still made it to my house.

philly4life
06-22-2009, 04:39 AM
Ripvanwinkle SHUT UP...you really are a punk. you always have something to say (esp in for sale threads) and in this case you are COMPLETELY WRONG!!! You have been on the site for LESS THEN 4 weeks and are acting like you run the place.
BFG is legit. He always takes care of his custys and if someone has a problem he almost always will just send them a replacement or something similar. My boy got a free 10 arm mini because he broke his. Seems like Aero had a problem and Bit took care of it also. I would like to know what "accidents" you are talking about, and please give me an example where bit did not take care of it. I will be amazed if you can...

Now, I bet the reason he will not give you a PW is because people that he trusts probably told him about you. Your rep is ur rep and online that is all you have. People know the way you have acted here in the past and I doubt bit wants to deal with you. Also I am almost sure TC would not want you because they don't need negative people who don't follow the rules.
The fact that you say bit is a phony just sums you up in one sentence...anyone who has dealt with BFG will know how ridiculous that statement is.

I dont believe in doing business with crocks
Where do you get off saying that...he is far from a crook and that is a bold statement...the sorta shit that you should be able to defend or get booted from out community. IMO, shit like this makes you a TROLL

I hate to do this in a public forum but I am sick of you posting shit like this...and I am sure that I am not the only one...this is why I wish FMB was modded better.

EDIT: after reading through all the posts, it seems like you are just pissed because you can not get on BFG and order one. you went from asking to order one to all this??? maybe you pissed off( and ripped off) people that bit trusts and now he wont deal with you. thats my bet

biglen
06-22-2009, 04:59 AM
RipVanWinkle- Talk about a negative experience. First way to hijack a thread about WS Mini Tubes and turn it into a flame to a guy that does his best to churn out load and loads of heady glass to mostly loyal and patient customers. I dont blame Bit for not giving you access- you are exactly the kind of person he is trying to keep off his site.

Now back to Bit- This is a guy that donates glass for raffles to benefit a certain glass blower with cancer. He cosponsored The Degenerate Flame Off, a great community event that was held in OR. Saying that this guy is just out to rip people off is comepletely off base and uncalled for.

Personally, I have made 5+ transactions with BFG just in the last few months and his customer service has been top notch! Not easily done in a business that requires high resolution pictures for all inventory. I had a problem with my original WS 10 arm mini and he replaced it quickly and painlessly. I dont understand how this reflects poorly at all, there was a problem and it was addressed. The tube came out, people had issues with the welds on the arms, WS remodeled the tube and I was made whole. end of story.

Then bit had problems with paypal, and had to come up with a new payment system, completely understandable to anyone that realizes the risks associated with this business. The reasons for him password protecting the site seem quite logical from this perspective.
Ask yourself Rip what do you provide for this community? What position are you to be in to rip a person doing his best to provide a large amount of product to a market constantly demanding more. You are the immature & loyalless market that BFG is locking out. His reasons for password protecting his site are ultimately upto him and if it helps him run a better business fine! He doesn't have time to answer your emails about asking for more pictures, or other pointless questions when you aren't going to buy anything anyway. Shoulda thought about this one before postin, maybe a few more of your posts too. Actually all.

Sounds like this is a personal vendetta for not getting access to the site, not cool man.

philly4life
06-22-2009, 05:11 AM
well put biglen...i think it is time that the mods here take a better look at rips 150+ posts...in just over 3 weeks
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/search.php?searchid=76198&pp=25

capn
06-22-2009, 08:26 AM
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/pict0012.mp4/

Heres a milk vid.

BurningDownTheHouse
06-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Rip please have facts in line before jumping into threads, one bad experience doesn't make public bashing necessary and BFG is protecting his site, his business, and his customers by limiting who can access, he said that it got out of control and that there were a lot of people shooting him email and getting in contact with him that had no intentions of buying and it slowed down the whole process. and why not join TC if that is all he is asking for? My 2cents, I wann a personally thanks BFG for bringing glass sickness to the masses and big thanks to everyone else who does it Bob at SMG and others, (hopefully FMG soon).

winspence3
06-22-2009, 03:21 PM
yeah stop hating man, you really need to chill or I wouldn't be surprised if you wake up one day to not be able to log on here either....

slippeh
06-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that dude
Im sure it was one that got past him
Or BF snagged it as a factory second from WS
No offense to anyone thats on his side but hes just out here to rip people off and take there money...Never happened to me but the more and more of these "accidents" that happen over there the more it pisses me off
Ive ordered from him in the past i go back to place another order and i need a password?....Which he STILL wont give me considering i have to be a member of Tokecity.......SHITTEST most BASHED forum on the web
Why would i wanna be there? when i feel much more comfortable and welcomed with everyone whos been nice here as well as a threads for glass sale

Dude, SHUT THE FUCK UP bashing BF. Fucking disrespectful little cunts. BF is a fantastic dude who has hooked up MANY people. He supports his customers and the artists he buys from. BLUE was diagnosed with cancer and BF set up 2 fundraising contests on TC for him, all of which had 7-8 SICK prizes.

BF is not a phony, you're just a douchebag.

/edit: biglen smacked you down much better than I did. Kudos.

You really don't belong here Ripvanwinkle420. Always got something stupid to say in other peoples threads. Always.

Dread_head_420
06-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ripvanwinkle420
Tokecity.......SHITTEST most BASHED forum on the web

what makes you think your welcome here ?