PDA

View Full Version : SCI Glass/Gramps

BurningDownTheHouse
06-22-2009, 04:26 AM
I felt obligated to post something after I saw someone try to sell a no label lux mini in the glass market thread and got bashed. He didn't have pictures and that is an issue, but people jumped to the conclusion that his tube was a fake. I just wanted to say that the guy was correct that they SCI tubes made by gramps are very similar tubes in comparison to roor mini's and lux mini's, sci glass (gramps) was contracted to make at least the percs if not the whole tubes, I'm sure someone will chime in on that. Just fyi I suppose.

Tokez
06-22-2009, 04:31 AM
it went awkward real quick..

BurningDownTheHouse
06-22-2009, 05:03 AM
I'm not pointing blame just wanted people to know that the member posting the thread shouldn't be disregarded as a scam and also that SCI glass (gramps) is reputable

biglen
06-22-2009, 05:08 AM
regardless rules are rules, if you dont want to be treated like a scammer, give a buyer some confidence. that post was completely useless, label or no label

philly4life
06-22-2009, 05:23 AM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3090

thats the thread if needed.

i agree burningdownthehouse, i do not know why it was modded so quickly. esp considering how much shit goes unmodded here. hopefully the poster will realize and just repost with the right pics.
***of course RipVanWinkle420 came in and had a (completely useless) comment thou.

BurningDownTheHouse
06-22-2009, 05:30 AM
I agree with the no pics and all and that his post wasn't set up appropriately, I really just wanted to clear up SCI glass

biglen
06-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Gramps shop sounds like a sick place! i bet theres some crazy prototypes/history there

MrMarley420
06-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Ya, as I told the dude bashing the seller for "selling a knock off chinese tube" or whatever...

Gramps is a glass blower for Lux. Tahoe Kush used to be an authorized RooR vendor but lost his license for whatever reason (most likely due to the competition TK posed). Gramps continued to make non-labeled tubes using the same percs and splash guards that were designed by the same scientific glass shop the RooR/Lux studio uses. These tubes were given to Tahoe Kush.

So there ya have it.

philly4life
06-22-2009, 05:46 AM
len, from what i understand, Gramps puts out a great deal of the high quality trees out there. Esp the 8 arms that look like LW stlye. I believe they make there way into many diff tubes, including the ZOB (which is a part of the reason that there quality has increased so much recently). just my .02
im sure some other people will really lay the facts down later

EDIT: ya beat me MrMarley. Nice post!

BurningDownTheHouse
06-22-2009, 05:48 AM
yea, i think zob and maybe even illa started getting their trees from sci

philly4life
06-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Illa? I hope so. Illadelph could deff use some higer quality trees in their production line tubes. Anyone have a pic of an Illy with a 8arm? That would be sick

BurningDownTheHouse
06-22-2009, 03:11 PM
no 8arms in illlas I don't think, if they aren't using sci stuff now then they aren't I heard that they were maybe gunna be using their 4 arms a while back, dunno tho????

jwatts
06-25-2009, 08:33 PM
yeh illy has been buying trees from gramps for like a year or so now. i remeber that whole illadelph bought lux rumor was going around do to the fact that gramp's sci glass shop started to sell illy tress. but as of lately i think illy is making their own. they seemed to really step up their glass game in 09. i

Ripvanwinkle420
06-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Philly you talk alot of game dude
He was saying it WAS a LUX with a washed off label at first.....
Its still not a LUX but a Gramps Tube that LOOKS like it
No offense but OP said it......RUles are Rules you jsut gotta follow them

COOPAROO
06-26-2009, 06:01 AM
haha drama

Ripvanwinkle420
06-26-2009, 08:25 PM
lol i wish philly saw that dam that took me sumtime

Is gramps some guy or is it a bunch of people?